Is it false to claim that that the Islamic groups are amongs

Discuss Islam basics.
Nisa

Is it false to claim that that the Islamic groups are amongs

Post by Nisa » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:09 am

Is it false to claim that that the Islamic groups are amongst the misguided sects that the Prophet commanded us to shun?

Question: O honorable Shaykh, What do you think of those who say that these Islamic groups are among the groups which call people to Hell, and which the Prophet (peace be upon him) commanded us to keep away from? Is this correct or not?

Answer: Whoever calls people to the Qur'an and Sunnah does not belong to the misguided groups. Rather, such people belong to the saved group which is mentioned in the Hadith of the Prophet (peace be upon him): The Jews split into seventy-one groups and the Christians split into seventy-two groups. My Ummah (nation) will split into seventy-three groups, all of which will be in the Fire except for one. He (peace be upon him) was asked, 'Who are they, O Messenger of Allah?' He (peace be upon him) said, 'Those who follow the path which I and my Sahabah (companions) are on today.' According to one report: "They are the Jama`ah (mainstream Muslims)."

The saved group is thus the group which adheres steadfastly to the way of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them all) i.e. Believes in Tawhid (belief in the Oneness of Allah), worships Allah Alone, obeys His commands, avoids His prohibitions, adheres steadfastly to that in word, deed, and belief. These are the people of truth, the ones who call to right guidance, even though they may be scattered throughout the world, with some in the Arabian Peninsula, some in the Levant (the region covering Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Palestine), some in America, some in Egypt, some in African countries, and some in Asia. They are many groups, but they are known by their `Aqidah (creed) and their deeds. If they follow the path of Tawhid and belief in Allah and His Messenger, and they adhere steadfastly to the Din (religion) of Allah brought by the Book of Allah (Qur'an) and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace be upon him), then they belong to Ahl-ul-Sunnah wal-Jama`ah (adherents to the Sunnah and the Muslim mainstream). Though they may be scattered in many parts of the world but at the end of time they will be very few in number.

In conclusion, the guideline concerning this issue is whether or not they adhere to the truth. If there is a person or a group that calls people to the Qur'an and Sunnah and advocates belief in Tawhid and adherence to the Shari`ah (Islamic law), then they are the Jama`ah and the saved group. But those who call to anything other than the Qur'an and Sunnah, they are not part of the Jama`ah. Rather, they belong to the misguided and doomed groups. The saved group is the one that calls people to the Qur’an and Sunnah, even though they may spread here and there. As long as their aim and their beliefs are the same, it doesn’t matter if one is called Ansar Al-Sunnah, another is called Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimun, and so on. What matters is their `Aqidah and their actions. If they adhere steadfastly to the truth and to Tawhid, and they are sincere towards Allah and follow the Messenger (peace be upon him) in word, deed and belief, then names do not matter. But they have to fear Allah and be sincere in that. If some of them are called Ansar Al-Sunnah, others are called: Salafiyyah or Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimun, or whatever, it does not matter so long as they are sincere and adhere steadfastly to the truth by following Qur'an and Sunnah, judge according to them, and adhere steadfastly to them in belief, word and deed. If any group errs in some way, then the scholars have to warn and guide them to the truth if there is clear evidence.

The point is that we must cooperate in righteousness and piety and deal with our problems with knowledge, wisdom, and good manners. If any of these groups or others makes a mistake that is related to `Aqidah or something that Allah has commanded or forbidden, they should show them the Shar’y evidence in a gentle, wise and polite manner, so that they will follow the truth and accept it willingly. This is what all Muslims have to do, they have to cooperate in righteousness and piety, and advise one another to follow that. In addition, they must not let one another down in such a way that the enemy may take advantage of them.

Shaykh `Abdul-`Aziz ibn Baz
http://www.alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?View=Page&PageID=1023&PageNo=1&BookID=14
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216

Fundamental

Re: Is it false to claim that that the Islamic groups are am

Post by Fundamental » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Bismillâhi-r-Rahmâni-r-Rahîm
Al-Hamdulillâhi Was-Salâtu Was-Salâmu 'Alâ Rasûlillâh, Wa Ba'd:
As-Salâmu 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullâhi Wa Barakâtuh

don't deceive people by posting the old fatwa of shaykh ibn baaz rahimullah alayhi that time shaykh wasn't knowledge about ikhwaan ul muslimeen what upon...

because the Ikhwan al-Muslimeen were keeping themselves hidden in Saudi Arabia in earlier times before the Gulf war, claimin g to be Salaafis as Salman Al-Awdah, Aid al-Qarni, Safar al-Hawali

this fatwaa is on this site too, go read it :) where Sheikh Ibn Baaz confirms at that time he had little knowledge about Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen http://alifta.com/Fatawa/FatawaChapters ... &BookID=14

read Question no. 28 also and also Question no. 29 on this above link also from his old fatwaas book, where he answers:

When Sheikh Ibn Baaz was asked about Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen books, his comments, BACK THEN he confirms, he did not know much about them, so therefore hence his ruling was STILL NOT IN THEIR FAVOUR, it says PROVIDED they follow Quraan and Sunnah Aqeedah and Manhaj, but Sheikh Ibn Baaz replied:

I do not know anything about these books, for I am busy and I did not read them. I hear about the Da`wah of Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimun and that they do not have an activity in spreading the `Aqidah but I did not read enough about what Shaykh Hasan (may Allah be merciful to him) or any other person wrote.

this fact is known the everu knowledgeble Saudi learned people, only the ignorent they make fool of trying to deceive, deliberately quoting his old fatwaas which weren't very clear (but still are not in their favour since he put condition on them of provided they are following Aqeedah and Manhaj of Quraan and Sunnah)

Imaam Ibn Baaz's OFFICIAL website, criticizng the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen here:

http://www.binbaz.org.sa/last_resault.asp?hID=260

English translation available here: http://www.salafitalk.net/st/printthrea ... &Topic=517

and don't deceive innocent people by posting his old fatwa which he did when he wasn't knowledge about ikhwaan ul musilmeen what upon and I already paste links where he himself said here I am going to post the his latest fatwa which he was give before 2 years of his death about ikhwaan ul muslimeen:

The Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh and the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen are amongst the 72 sects

Question: May Allaah grant you the best (of His favours). In the hadeeth of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam), relating to the splitting of the Ummah, he says:

((…and my Ummah shall split into 73 sects…)).

So, is the Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh, with what they have in terms of shirk and innovations; and also the Jamaa'ah al-Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen, with what they have in terms of partisanship and revolting/rebelling against the leaders and lack of obedience; from the 72 sects?

Response: They are from the 72 (sects). Whoever opposes the 'aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah enters the fold of the 72 (sects). The meaning of the Prophet's (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) statement ((My Ummah)) is: the Ummah of Ijaabah, i.e. the Ummah of response; those who responded to the Prophet's call and revealed their allegiance to him. And the meaning of 73 sects: the victorious sect which adhered to him and was upright in their religion and 72 of those sects - amongst them the kuffaar, the sinners and various innovators.

So, the questioners asked: Are these two groups (Jamaa'ah at-Tableegh and Jamaa'ah al-Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen) from amongst the 72 sects?

And the Shaykh responded: Yes, they are from the amongst the 72 sects, along with the Murji'ah and other than them; the Murji'ah and the Khawaarij - some of the people of knowledge regard the Khawaarij from amongst the kuffaar, out of the fold of Islaam although amongst the 72 sects.

Taken from the recording of the Shaykh Ibn Baaz's lessons in Sharh al-Muntaqaa in Ta'if approximately 2 years or less before his death.

link: http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/cre ... 0326_2.htm
وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ قَوْلاً مِّمَّن دَعَا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحاً وَقَالَ إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims."

zaMmzaMm

Post by zaMmzaMm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Al-hamdu Lillaahi nasta’eenahu wa nastaghfiruhu, wa na’oodhu billaahi min shuroori anfusinaa wa sayi’aati a’maalinaa. Man yahdih Illaahu falaa mudilla lahu wa man yudlil falaa haadiya lahu. Wa ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu. wa salaam u 'alaykum

It is well known and evident for people who have had the ability and were fortunate to study matters of the religion and words of the scholars of the past and present that they may have had changing views on matters as they become more aware of situations or as the situations themselves changed.

It was said by Imam Abu Hanifah from the compilation of two different statements, "Woe to you, O Ya'qub! (his student) Do not write down everything you hear from me, for it happens that I hold one opinion today and reject it tomorrow, or hold one opinion tomorrow and reject it the day after tomorrow."

If we look at a current day matter which has been deemed to be Haram by a majority of scholars, smoking, we see that their views in the beginning did not forbid it. The scholars and even scientists did not know of the harm that smoking cigarette pose to the body.
It is also well known of Shaykh Albani (and all of the scholars in truth) that he changed his views on matters and ignorant people and the ignorant of the innovators use this against the Shaykh. No one can say anyone was born knowing all truths and having all of the information before them at each time they came to a decision. There are debates amongst the scholars. There is learning of new matters. And there is grading and re-grading of proof used to make a judgement/viewpoint. Logically. So this blaming is actually done out of hatred.

So to the wording of Shaykh Ibn Baz it is well known that the scholars who were his counterparts spoke against the Tabligh Jama'at. And it is quite inconceivable with the books and the calls of the Tabligh that anyone would imagine that the Shaykh after knowing of them would agree with their da'wa and aqeedah. This becomes clear when he was asked about the Tabligh in detail.

And even I do not see a great difference in his statements from the first wording which was posted above and the second wording. The first was general and the second was more specific. In the end it still comes down to the people/callers/message needing to be on the correct Creed and Methodology for it to be upon that which is correct. His saying is not a clear approval of the groups he named but he still made it conditional on their uprightness.

"As long as their aim and their beliefs are the same, it doesn’t matter if one is called Ansar Al-Sunnah, another is called Al-Ikhwan Al-Muslimun, and so on. What matters is their `Aqidah and their actions. If they adhere steadfastly to the truth and to Tawhid, and they are sincere towards Allah and follow the Messenger (peace be upon him) in word, deed and belief, then names do not matter."

"In conclusion, the guideline concerning this issue is whether or not they adhere to the truth. If there is a person or a group that calls people to the Qur'an and Sunnah and advocates belief in Tawhid and adherence to the Shari`ah (Islamic law), then they are the Jama`ah and the saved group. But those who call to anything other than the Qur'an and Sunnah, they are not part of the Jama`ah. Rather, they belong to the misguided and doomed groups."

So still the two fatawa can go hand in hand. The first is not a clearing of any group though the name were mentioned. But it is that all groups, and the ones that were mentioned, must be looked at in the light of the Quran and Sunnah.
And when he was asked later in detail of those groups he stated what he stated.

And Allah knows best.
Subhanakallahumma wabihamdika ashadu allaa ilaaha illa anta, astaghfiruka wa atuubuilayk

Nisa

Post by Nisa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 am

LOL@deceiving ppl! A thief always believes others are thieves :D

If u read carefully the fatwa, maybe you would've seen this:

"If any group errs in some way, then the scholars have to warn and guide them to the truth if there is clear evidence."!

But maybe a few words in the fatwa shouted and popped out at you and it was a fantastic chance to start arguing since it hasn't been done for a while and there was probably an itch for it! And I just happened to provide a perfect opportunity for it to start!!! Lol

The point I posted this article was it was passed on in Islam chat and I think it made a fantastic read alhamdulilah, and are wise words regardless of what time we are in! It was a great read to educate ppl on treating our fellow Muslims with kindness in doing d'awah etc. even if they have erred, as opposed to treating them as though they are disbelievers and filth, you know all about that, as its a regular occurrence for some! :D

Especially these following words from the fatwa, which may have been ignored by the blinded few who wished to have picked up other stuff and got ready to pounce!!! :

"The point is that we must cooperate in righteousness and piety and deal with our problems with knowledge, wisdom, and good manners. If any of these groups or others makes a mistake that is related to `Aqidah or something that Allah has commanded or forbidden, they should show them the Shar’y evidence in a gentle, wise and polite manner, so that they will follow the truth and accept it willingly. This is what all Muslims have to do, they have to cooperate in righteousness and piety, and advise one another to follow that. In addition, they must not let one another down in such a way that the enemy may take advantage of them."

Now, if you wish to act in the same rabid way u have done before, pls feel free to, without a reply from me! I go by the saying of "letting sleeping dogs lie". Alhamdulilah

May Allah t'ala guide all (even those who believe they have already attained Jannah and have a free pass in their pockets!) and those whom He has guided, help to remain steadfast upon the truth. May Allah t'ala raise the standing of Islam and Muslims worldwide. Allahumma Ameen
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216