Defence Of The Muslim Lands

Discuss Islam basics.
Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 am

Salih Muhammad Al-Leebee
Dr Salih Muhammad Al-Leebee, from Libya. Killed during battles against the Communist Forces in Jalalabad, Afghanistan, in 1989. 

"...The treatment is prayer, then food, then medicine."  

I only met a few people who had such nobility and honour. He arrived from Britain, prompted by his vast hope for attaining martyrdom by which to enter Paradise whose width is that of the heavens and earth. He was studying paediatrics (children's medicine), but the longing for Paradise pulled him to the land of Glory and Jihad. He could no longer bear to see the traffic of the busy London streets nor the smoke of its factories. His ears could no longer bear to hear the surge of the Thames, or the ticking of Big Ben. He found a new love, that of Afghanistan, which seized his heart, so he tried to join it. 

He was born in 1951 in Benghazi, Libya. He attained a MBBS degree from the University of Qaaryounis in Benghazi. 

In Ghaznee  

He reached the land of Jihad and searched its field but did not find a single Arab doctor on the frontline. So he carried his gun in one hand, and his knife and first-aid kit in another. After enquiring further, Allah guided him to travel with the Mujahideen to Ghaznee, where he stayed for eight months, eating, drinking and sleeping with the Mujahideen, not thinking of wages nor searching for luxuries of the worldly life in London compared to the life of a Mujahid, where a meal consisted of bread and tea. As for dinner, it was Afghani broth, which had a thick layer of fat and none of the non-Afghans were safe from the possibility of severe diahorrea, which could sometimes be fatal. 

The Arriving Arabs  

The arrival of the first group of Arab Mujahideen to North Afghanistan - Abdullah Anas, Abu Asad and Muhammad Ameen - was a blessing amongst blessings. It took them 46 days to reach Balakh (Mazaar Shareef) after which Muhammad Ameen was on the brink of death, and the youth of Abdullah Anas had fallen. And Balakh was filled with the people wanting to see the Arabs they used to read about in books. How many old people whose hair had turned white, walked on snow for days, leaning on his walking stick with his right hand, while taking, by his left hand, his young or grandson, for this child to get the blessings of an Arab hand on his head. 

The Return from Ghaznee  

I met Dr. Saalih on his return from Ghaznee. Abdullah Anas had already returned from Mazar Shareef after he was appalled at the presence of French westerners in a hospital equipped with modern instruments. Abdullah Anas flew into a rage with the leader of the area, Muhammad Alam, and the judge of the area, Abdullah. Their answer was: "Until now, we have not seen an Arab before you, and those French people had arrived a few years ago. Why don't you bring an Arab Muslim doctor, or a non-Arab, so we can dispense with these people?" 

Abdullah Anas persisted in search for an Arab doctor, so Allah ordained to lead him to Dr. Saalih, another Egyptian doctor, so they headed for Balakh - the city of knowledge and scholars, famous in its history. 

The Arrival of Dr. Saalih  

Dr. Saalih arrived in Balakh and the French had reached into the depths of people's hearts. Not only did they treat them for their illnesses, but they also took presents and sweets to the patients, visited them at home, and gave them money. 

Upon the arrival of Dr. Saalih in Balakh, the French were alienated from the land. After the hearts used to open to allow these foreign doctors to enter into their depths, suddenly they were immediately discarded following a ruling by the judge Abdullah, which stated: "Treatment by the French is forbidden, as is mixing with them and sitting with them." Thus, in space of one day, Balakh had become hostile towards them. treatment by them was previously a necessity, and necessity are considered as such by their need, but there was no longer a need. The French felt this hostility and isolation, so they said to the leader of the province, "It appears you have no need for us." 
The reply was "Yes," so the French asked to take their instruments, to which the Mujahideen did not object, and said to the French: "Whatever you want to take, take it and leave the area." The French did so. 

The Miracle of Dr. Saalih  

A short time before Dr. Saalih's arrival, one of the Mujahideen had been affected with the shrapnel in his spine, which reached his spinal cord and paralysed him. He was shown to the French who said, "It is impossible for any doctor to cure this." But they uttered the word of disbelief, they said "Allah is unable to cure him." Glorified be He from the (great falsehood) that they say! 

Then this Mujahid was shown to Dr. Saalih, who said to me, "I found him to be broken, physically and emotionally. He became unable to leave the bed. He would urinate and empty his bowels on himself. So I said to him, 'It is simple, it is simple, if Allah wills. Our Lord will cure you.'" Dr. Saalih said, "I told him to uplift his broken spirit." 

Dr. Saalih began to treat him with medicine and prayer. It was only a short period of time before the Mujahid was restored to health, and rushed to the front line to continue his struggle on the path of goodness facing the enemies of Allah. 
The people of Balakh began to repeat: 
"A righteous (Saalih) friend has arrived. His name is Dr. Saalih." 

Two Years in Balakh  

Dr. Saalih has spent two years in Balakh. He was a very good father and educator to the Arab brothers. Sometimes, he could be found teaching them Quran, other times you would find him sheltering them around him like the hen does to its chicks. Thus the Arabs became very attached to the hospital and were unable to part from it. Their military work became focused on the area surrounding the hospital. It was there, on a hill top, that Marwaan Hadeed, the Syrian that we love, the Mujahid, passed away. 

His Arab brothers called him 'Abu Haatim' because of his generosity. He never saved any of his wages, he spent his money either buying things for his Arab brothers or things for the hospital. due to the shortage of medicine, he was forced to send us to Peshawar to ask for an advance on his salary for the next six months, so he could buy medicine for the hospital. 

Abbaas said: "I lived with him for six months and used to advise him to decrease some of his spending. To this he would reply, 'It is my trade between myself and my Lord.'" 

A Marriage Proposal  

It is known that Afghans are strict in letting their daughters marry non-Afghans, but with Dr. Saalih, it was they who offered their daughters to him in hope, for what they thought of his goodness and loyalty. 

The Return from Mazaar Shareef  

Dr. Saalih returned to Peshawar and stayed there for a while. The Battle of the Lion's Den took place in Ramadan 1407AH (1987), he participated in it and was wounded. You never hoped to see him in a place which was blazing with fire, but you always saw him there. The doctor's wounds were not serious. He was on the frontline of fire where the earth erupts with volcanoes and the sky showers the earth with burning lava. 

Neither the stallion, roaring on the day of the attack,
Nor the angry tiger, nor the lion, nor the leopard, 
Are keener than him when he rushes to a battle which breeds heroes or kills them. 
How many did his hands kill? 
If death was delayed from its appointed time, 
He would love it, and would not be late for it.

The Caravan of Takhaar  

We then chose him to accompany the caravan of Abu Ibraaheem to Takhaar. The caravan was the biggest one to have entered Afghanistan, and carried with it whatever one could imagine of appliances, medicine, and boots. It also contained twenty-one Arabs whom Abu Ibrahim had selected from various camps. The caravan also had another two doctors, Dr. Abu-Dardaa' Al-Misri and Dr. Muhammad Umar Al-Iraqi. Upon their arrival to Takhaar, they had a medical course for a group of Afghans and trained them as nurses. He only used to treat patients after taking from them their packet of cigarettes and made it a condition of his care. 

Dr. Saalih stayed in the hospital for 16 months, but he was searching for the fighting. He wanted death wherever he could find it. 

The Song of Dr. Saalih

He always used to repeat the lines: 
"What do you want? 
I want a single people on the Qur'an, 
Who do not fear threats or promises, 
Who take the example of Usaama bin Zaid and Khalid bin Al-Waleed. 
It's only hope is to die as a martyr in the Way of Allah."

The Return from Takhaar  

Dr. Saalih returned from Takhaar in Ramadhan 1409 Hijri, but did not rest or settle. The Battle of Jalalabad was fierce, and at its most intense period. He entered into it, both exercising his skill and satisfying his appetite, his love for fighting. 

"The noise of weapons pleases my ears, 
And the shedding of blood excites my soul, 
So how can I be patient against the plot of the envier, 
And how can I bear the plot of the enemy?"

He stayed in Jalalabad amongst his brothers who had been swallowed by the land one after the other, till the number of martyrs equalled ninety, including many of the best soldiers in the Land of Tanjarhaar. Indeed, they were the cream of the nation, the best of its children - we consider them thus and we do not elevate anyone above Allah. 

Dr. Saalih's treatment  

He used to tell the patients that the treatment is prayer, then medicine, then food 

Martyrdom on 20 October 1989 (20 Safar 1410AH)  

Thus came the bomb which Allah decreed to mark the end of the journey. So it seized him along with another honourable brother, Ahmad Al-Mubarak As-Somali, and the life journey of the Arab Muslim doctor ended; the doctor who led the race to Afghanistan, since he was the first doctor to enter Afghanistan. The body which was dyed with blood reached Peshawar and the funeral walked in a dignified procession to Pabi where the graveyard of the martyrs lay. There, Dr. Saalih was buried between his martyred brothers, both Arab and Afghani. 

I mourn for you, not lying, the pain does not go,
O' you, at whose meeting the eternal Hoor smile, 
If all of the wounds of my heart were healed,
The wound caused by you, O Doctor, would not heal, 
When you were torn open, we crushed all of the victory, 
If only my people knew what we had crushed.

كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Tue May 29, 2012 2:52 am

Abul-Harith Al-Bahraini
Abul-Harith Al-Bahraini, from Bahrain. Killed during an offensive operation against Serb Forces besieging Sarajevo, Bosnia, near the town of Visoko, on 29 December, 1992. Aged 23. 1st hand account.

How many are the people that seek fame and wealth today, and what of someone who has left all that in pursuit of Allah's Pleasure. Abul-Haarith was a famous football player in Bahrain. A lot of the youth today yearn to attain this level of fame. He left his football career behind him and went to Afghanistan to take part in the Jihad , seeking to die in the Path of Allah. 

He then went to participate in the Jihad in Bosnia. He had devoted his heart and his soul to the worship of Allah and he set a good example with his manners and manhood. He was always seen reading the Qur'an, serving his brothers or guarding the front lines. 

He was characterized by a smile that never left his face and a level of patience such that he never became angry at his brothers. He personified the saying of the Prophet, "A smile to your brother is a form of charity". He used to laugh much and make all his brothers laugh and enjoy themselves. A very popular brother, loved by both the Arabs and the Bosnians, he used to sing jokingly with his brothers, "My beloved brother." He was always happy and jolly in the daytime, having a nice time with his brothers. However, in the night, his brothers used to hear him cry while he was praying. He used to put Kohl in his eyes. 

A few days before the operation, Abul-Haarith was seen to take great care of himself and he wore his best clothes as if he knew he had an appointment with the beautiful Women of Paradise. Before the Second Operation of Visoko against the Serbs, he put Kohl in his eyes and asked his brothers to do the same. 

When the battle had reached its most intense stage and the souls of the martyrs had been raised, Abul-Haarith found Abu Maryam spread on the ground, his soul having been raised. He kissed his forehead and said, "Oh Allah! Join us with him". He advanced towards the enemy from an area providing little cover and whilst he was crawling on the ground, Allah heard his prayer and he was hit by a sniper bullet thereby surrendering his soul to his Lord. 

The Mujahideen could not bury him due to the severity of the fighting and the widespread presence of snow. so they put his body in the trunk of a tree.
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Wed May 30, 2012 2:15 am

Abu Thabit Al Muhajir
Abu Thabit Al Muhajir, from Egypt. Military commander and Ameer of the front line. Killed during Operation Badr Of Bosnia on 10th September 1995. Aged early thirties. 1st hand account. 

Abu Thabit was very experienced soldier in the Egyptian army. He spent six years in Afghanistan, training the brothers and fighting. He was a very experienced fighter. He came to Bosnia early in the war in 1992 and he was made the Ameer of the Front-Line, This brother was so tough and so brave that when he fought, he would not even duck from the bullets, that is how fearless he was. Even though he was the commander, he had such a strong character that everyone loved him as if he was their favourite friend. 

He used to make everybody feel as if he was their favourite friend and his character was such that when one looked at him, one would think that one is looking at a Companion of the Prophet (SAWS). In the first few minutes of Operation Badr, he was shot twice but he did not make a single noise in pain. He carried on fighting, until he was shot by a third bullet in his heart. Without making any expressions of pain, he turned around to the brothers behind him, smiled, and said: 'My brothers, I have been hit." then he closed his eyes, to be followed by his soul. 

Nisa

Re: The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Thu May 31, 2012 2:42 am

Abu Muslim Al-Turki
Abu Muslim Al-Turki, from Britain. Killed during a battle against Croatian Forces in Bosnia in 1993. Aged 51. 1st hand account. 

A Turkish brother who lived most of his life in Britain, but who lived the life of a disbeliever. He was married to a non-Muslim woman, and he did not used to pray nor did he used to practise any aspect of Islam. Then ALLAH (SWT) guided him to the Straight Path. Soon after, he heard about the situation in Bosnia, and he said to himself that I must go to Bosnia, I must repent to ALLAH and I must fight against the Serbs as maybe ALLAH will forgive me for all that I have done in the past. 

He came to Bosnia in the Autumn of 1992 and entered the Training Camp at Mehorich. He was the eldest one amongst the Mujahideen at that time. When the Mujahideen used to go running in the Training Camp, they were all given rifles except Abu Muslim, due to his old age and the difficulties he would have in carrying it. When one looked into his eyes, one would see the eyes of a sincere person, one that was honest to Allah (we hope so). 

In one operation against the Croats, the Ameer did not pick him due to his old age, and Abu Muslim began to cry, not weep but he began to wail like a baby until he forced the Ameer to let him take part in the operation. 

During the operation, he was shot in his arm, which shattered his bone and metal had to be placed in his arm for a period of six months. Abu Muslim used to exercise his arm a lot and after 45 days the doctor said that the metal could be removed from his arm. Everyone was surprised at how the metal could be removed after only 45 days. Before one of the large operations against the Croats, he saw a dream in which he saw the Messenger of Allah(SAWS), and so Abu Muslim began to kiss his feet. Then the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) said to him, “Do not kiss my feet.” Then he began to kiss his hands, and the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) said to him, “Do not kiss my hands.” Then the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) asked him, “What do you want Abu Muslim?”. Abu Muslim replied, “O Messenger of Allah, please make dua to Allah for me that tomorrow in the operation I am killed Shaheed.” 

Before the Operation, the Ameer, Commander Abul Harith (RA) was picking the brothers to take part in this operation. He refused to let Abu Muslim take part on the grounds that he was still injured and had not yet recovered. A brother who was present at that time said, “I swear to ALLAH that Abu Muslim cried and cried, like a baby, and said to the Ameer, 'Fear Allah! I will hold you responsible on the Day of Judgement if you do not include me in this operation." The Ameer told him not to shout and cry so loud, because maybe the enemy would hear him. Abu Muslim replied, “By ALLAH, if you do not put me in the operation Abul Harith, I will cry so loudly that the whole country will hear me!" Then he said to the Ameer, “Put me in the operation, even at the back as the last one in the operation." The Ameer said to him, “Are you sure? I will put you right at the back.” Abu Muslim replied, “Put me anywhere in the operation, right at the back, but include me in this operation.” And so Abu Muslim went out and took part in this operation, and even though he was right at the very back, the course of the fighting changed, so that the back became the front and the front became the back, and he was the second one killed in the operation by a bullet to his heart. His body was returned by the Croats after three months, along with his brother from England Dawood. It was smelling of musk and no change had come over his body. All of the brothers that were there witnessed that his body had become even more beautiful and white since the last time they saw it. 

One brother commented saying that out of all the martyrs bodies he had seen in Bosnia, none was more beautiful than the body of Abu Muslim. 

Nisa

Post by Nisa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 am

Salman Al-Farsi

Salman Al-Farsi, from Tunisia. Killed in Operation Miracle, North Bosnia, on 21 July 1995. 1st hand account.

"There was no mistaking it, it was a strong perfume that cannot be compared to any of the perfumes of this world..."

Salman Al-Farsi loved training. He loved to train, in the cause of Allah, so that he could be as strong in fighting as he could and do as much damage to Allah's enemies as possible. He always used to exert himself in training with this intention of damaging the enemies of Allah.

Salman was a very large brother. He was a formidable sight because on his back he had strapped a massive sword at least the length of an arm, which could be seen resting above his broad shoulder. He used to wear a black scarf tied on his forehead, and he was just a formidable sight when one looked at him.

Whenever Salman would talk, all he would talk about is Shahaadah and Jannah, (Martyrdom and Paradise). This is all he would ever talk about, nothing else would ever interest him apart from Martyrdom and the Paradise.

A brother narrates,

"...In the 2nd operation I recognised his chest rig as it was very distinctive being the only one with a sword strapped at the back. He'd been killed but they had not yet recovered his body so I didn't see him but I saw his chest rig. I and four other brothers with me picked it up and smelt it, and found it had a strong perfume. It was coming from his blood and all of us looked at each other in amazement.

We had heard stories of this perfume and we had heard stories of other similar miracles, and we never doubted it but we never expected it. We were smelling this now in front of us and the two Bosnian army soldiers were there as well and they smelt it as well. There was no mistaking it, it was a strong perfume that cannot be compared to any of the perfumes of this world. It was beautiful and made us feel relaxed and comforted. Inshallah, this is a good sign for Salman that he is Shaheed, and it is a sign for the brothers who smelt this perfume, that this is the right path and to have patience on this path."

Nisa

Re: The Caravan Of The Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:58 am

Abu Bakr Aqeedah

Abu Bakr Aqeedah. Egyptian. Field Commander of the Foreign Mujahideen in Chechnya. Killed during a military operation against the Russians in Dagestan, Russia, on 22 December 1997, Aged 36. 1st Hand Account. 

'One Leg is Better than Two.' 

On the 22nd of December 1997, the foreign Mujahideen in Chechnya under the command of Ibn-ul-Khattab led an attack on a Russian Army Base in Dagestan. This attack was successful, Praise be to Allah and claimed the life of one brother, who to the Mujahideen was widely loved and respected. The name of this brother was Abu Bakr Aqeedah. The following article details Abu Bakr's career in Jihad and how he was killed. May Allah accept him from amongst the Shuhadaa'. 

"But as for those who are killed in the Way of Allah, never will Allah allow their deeds to be lost." [Quran 47:4] 

Abu Bakr graduated from High School in Egypt, obtaining a very high mark, and was awarded a scholarship for further education. He then commenced a five-year Batchelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. During his studies, he became interested in working for Islam and met the likes of Dr. Sheikh Omar Abdur-Rahman, under whom he studied Islam for approximately two years. The oppressive Egyptian regime soon imprisoned him for a period sufficient to ban him from Egyptian Military Service (all Islamists are prohibited from participating in National Service in Egypt). 

After he graduated, in the late 1980s, he left for the Jihad in Afghanistan, at the age of 25. He stayed there fighting the enemy and defending Muslim land, gaining military experience to add to his technical expertise. One-and-a-half years later, he lost one of his legs below the knee, when he stepped on a mine during an operation in Jalalabad. One brother who was with him when he lost his leg, describes: 

"When the operation began against the Communists, we soon came under heavy fire and bombardment from the enemy forces. All of us had our heads down and we were not able to get up to even look, due to the severity of the firing. Abu Bakr, who was one of the senior commanders of the operation, then asked one of the brothers to go and get a mortar bomb. None of the brothers were able to go, so Abu Bakr went himself to get it. He returned after about half-an-hour with a mortar shell in his hand. He then asked the other brothers to load and fire it. When they asked him why he did not do it himself, he replied that he had been shot in his arm by a bullet that passed straight through the bone of his arm, when he went to get the shell. We asked him to go back to have his injury seen to, but he refused, preferring to continue fighting. 

Soon afterwards, with his rifle in one hand, Abu Bakr stepped on an anti-personnel mine, that severed his leg from below the knee. I carried him back from the Front-Line to the ambulance, and accompanied him to the hospital in Peshawar. By the time we arrived at the hospital some hours later, he had lost of a lot of blood and was exhausted. Sweat was coming out of his face like water, but he was not moaning or groaning: only mentioning Allah's name. I said to him, 'Be patient my brother. This is the way to Paradise.' He nodded his head and murmured, 'I know.'" 

After a temporary artificial leg was fitted to his body, he returned to Afghanistan and continued to fight and train the brothers there. He did not leave the Jihad after losing his leg, even though he now had legitimate excuse that many of us do not have, but the love of Jihad was now deeply ingrained in his heart and he wanted the rest of his body to reach where his leg had reached. Amongst other training camps, he was a military trainer in the camp of Shaheed Sheikh Abdullah Azzam (R.A.) for two years. Hundreds upon hundreds of Mujahideen received training under him. Soon after losing his leg, he was in the Central Mosque of Peshawar, to which Sheikh Abdullah Azzam was making his way to deliver the Friday sermon, before he was assassinated along the route. 

Some months later, he got married. He telephoned his family back in Egypt and told them of his desire to get married. His family searched, and found an Egyptian sister willing to marry him, so they sent her to Afghanistan to join him, bearing in mind that this was AFTER he had lost his leg. How many sisters would refuse a marriage proposal from a Mujahid, just because their hearts have become attached to the love of material things? So this sister arrived in Afghanistan, and they married there. 

Abu Bakr continued to fight in Afghanistan until the Soviets were expelled in 1989.When the Communists were defeated as well, he proceeded with Ibn-ul-Khattab and a handful of other brothers, to Tadjikistan, and fought there for some time. When activities in Tadjikistan subsided, he finally proceeded to Chechnya to join Ibn-ul-Khattab, who had arrived there a little earlier. Two years he stayed in Chechnya, participating in all the numerous military operations with Ibn-ul-Khattab, including those which earned Khattab the nickname, 'The Lion of Chechnya.' 

After the temporary peace deal was signed in Chechnya in the Autumn of 1996, Abu Bakr continued to learn and to train Mujahideen. Ibn-ul-Khattab offered to pay for Abu Bakr to travel to the West to have a quality artificial leg fitted, as his present one was now many years ago and giving him inconvenience. Abu Bakr, however, refused, saying that it was not worth spending the money of the Muslims on someone like him, when other people and other causes were more worthy of being spent upon. 

In the early hours of Monday morning, 22 December 1997, Abu Bakr Aqeedah participated in an attack on a Russian Army Base in Buinaksk, Dagestan with his artificial leg. During the initial stages of the attack, once the Mujahideen has gain control of the entire Russian Army Base, Abu Bakr Aqeedah was placing an electrical booby trap on one of the new Russian battle tanks. Whilst he was doing this, he was shot by a bullet in his back. Abu Bakr fell down onto the floor. However, despite being moments away from his soul leaving his body, Abu Bakr managed to struggle towards the circuit and complete it. His soul left his body and moments later, the tank on which he had set the circuit, exploded. So Abu Bakr was fighting the enemies of Allah until his very last moments. He was killed whilst he was facing the enemy, not fleeing from them. He was aged 36. He had attained the prize of Shahadah (martyrdom) after spending eleven years (one third of his life) in Jihad for the Pleasure of Allah. We ask Allah (SWT) to reward him for his efforts and to enter him into the highest part of His Paradise. 

If you ever met Abu Bakr, you would be impressed by his character immediately without even knowing who he was. His residence was simple and sparsely furnished, his manner was humble and he spoke dignified Arabic, not gutter slang, and was very hospitable. 

The aspect of this brother which was most impressive was his vast knowledge coupled with his humility. He was chosen out of ALL the Mujahideen in Afghanistan to write the sections on explosives in the famous Arabic nine-volume Afghanistan 'Encyclopaedia of Jihad'. He was once jokingly referred to as the 'most wanted and dangerous man in Chechnya' by commanders like Ibn-ul-Khattab, Shamil Basayev and Salman Raduyev. He lived in the same village, possibly next door, to Abu Talal Qasimi (an Egyptian Islamic scholar who was kidnapped by the Croats on route to Bosnia in 1995 and sent to Egypt, where he was probably tortured to death). As for his family, he had about 5-6 brothers, all of whom were either killed in Jihad or imprisoned by the tyrannical Egyptian regime. 

Even though Abu Bakr was known and regarded by the Mujahideen as one of the most knowledgeable and experienced commanders in the world, his skills and expertise did not leave with him. In addition to the Encyclopaedia of Jihad, Abu Bakr also completed a thesis on 'Operational Tactics and their Effectiveness' based on all the military operations undertaken by the foreign Mujahideen in Chechnya, a few weeks before he was killed. All his writings now circulate amongst Mujahideen commanders all over the world. 

His modesty was such that this little information was gleaned from hours of conversation, but mainly conversations with other Mujahideen. His name as Abu Bakr Aqeedah was unusual. When asked, "Why Aqeedah?", he replied, "Why 'Egyptian' or 'Syrian', etc? I am a Muslim first and foremost so I want to be known as Abu Bakr Aqeedah, not by any other name." 

It is difficult to write this article on Abu Bakr: mere words cannot describe him. Unless one actually sat with him, talked to him, asked him about his dreams, ate with him and lived with him, it is not possible to truly understand his character, or the significance of his loss to the Mujahideen all over the world, as a brother and a friend. 

Abu Bakr leaves behind him his wife and four young daughters in Chechnya. We ask Allah to make their life easy in this World and to join them with Abu Bakr in Paradise in the Hereafter. 

Indeed we sincerely ask Allah from the bottom of our hearts to accept Abu Bakr Aqeedah in Paradise as a Shaheed, to make him from the best of them, and that Allah grants us the steadfastness to continue the Jihad as Abu Bakr did. 

O' Allah! We know your promise that we will be raised up on the Day of Judgement with those whom we love, so on that Day, permit us to be raised up with the Shuhadaa' and the Mujahideen, and make Abu Bakr among them. 

O' Abu Bakr! We have not forgotten the cold, dark, rainy nights under enemy bombardment that you patiently endured in Afghanistan, whilst we were enjoying comfort in our homes. 

O' Abu Bakr! We have not forgotten the harsh Chechen winters that you passed without complaint, whilst we were relaxing in fully-heated dwellings. 

O' Abu Bakr! The land of Afghanistan has not forgotten those parts of it on which your blood was split when you were injured in Allah's Way, whilst many of us did not even spend a single drop of blood in the Land of Jihad. 

O' Abu Bakr! We have not forgotten the day when sweat was pouring down your face like water, hours after you had sold your leg to Allah, but you did not complain, knowing that this was the way to Paradise; whilst many of us did not even expend a single drop of sweat in the Land of Jihad. 

O' Abu Bakr! You have placed in the hearts of your brothers, a wound that will not be healed except by joining you. 

O' Abu Bakr! The eyes send their tears and the heart is full of grief, but we do not say anything except that which please our Lord. We ask Allah that we will meet you in Paradise, and that your life will serve as an inspiration for all Muslim youths, or any Muslim man who has blood in his veins, who wishes to leave the humiliation of living in servitude to the disbelievers, to a life of Servitude to Allah, who feels the humiliation of the Muslims throughout the world as one of a man who truly responded to the Call of Allah until he was true to Allah and Allah was true to him (we ask Allah that it is so). Ameen. 

"Those who answered the call of Allah and His Messenger even after injury had afflicted them, for those of them who did good deeds and were righteous, there is a great reward. Those unto whom the people (hypocrites) said, 'Verily, the people have gathered against you (a great army), so fear them.' But it only increased them in Faith and they said, 'Allah is sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.'" [Quran 3:172-3] 

"Indeed those who have sacrificed the blood of their martyred brothers, THEY are the ones most worthy of ruling the Muslim lands. As for those who did not spend even one drop of their blood, nor did even one drop of sweat roll down their face, WHAT right do they have to rule the Muslim lands?"

Nisa

Post by Nisa » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:53 am

Abu Ja'far Al-Yamani
Imagine the person of Shaheed Abu Ja'far - a ferocious commander, whose bravery would make lions look meek, whose very name struck terror into the enemy, who knew no retreat and no defeat, and who, in his life, had become a legend of courage throughout Chechnya … what would he look like? Imagine! Do you see a well-built, tall, and muscular man with a loud commanding voice? If you do, know that you are dead wrong! If looks can be deceiving, that was surely the case with Shaheed Commander Abu Ja'far Al-Yamani. Like the nephew of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the "Door of knowledge", the "Lion of Allah", Ali bin Abu Taalib, Commander Abu Ja'far was short-statured; like the blessed companion of the Prophet, the great scholar and mujahid, Abdullah bin Mas'ud, he was slender of figure; and like the great General, the conqueror of Shaam, "The Ameen of the Ummah", Abu Ubayda bin Jarrah, he took nothing of the comforts of the dunya, and was so humble that people, upon meeting him, couldn't believe that he was the legendary figure they had heard about. Not only did Abu Ja'far have some physical resemblance to these men, he also took their other qualities: indomitable courage and intelligence, a great love for religious knowledge, and an exemplary character. Such was Shaheed Commander Abu Ja'far Al-Yamani - reminding us of the verse of the Qur'an:

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling prostrate (in worship), seeking bounty from Allah and (His) acceptance…" [48:29]

We pray that Allah accepts Abu Ja'far's martyrdom and places him in the company of the prophets, the noble companions, and the other martyrs in the highest levels of Paradise (aameen).

A source of destruction, a symbol of terror
For Russians that surely was Abu Ja'far.
If you were to see him, a short, slender man
But within him was power, the strength of Eeman.
This power did surface during his attack
The faith and the courage that Russians did lack
He was good at business, the best deal he chose,
He sold all his comfort, desires, and rose…
Up high to the level where he also sold.
His soul to His Lord, more worthy than gold…
More worthy than all on the earth and within,
So Allah was generous and bought it from him.
O Abu Ja'far, courageous commander!
Your soul is now free to roam and to wander.
May Allah Have Mercy and shower His Love,
On you, in high stations of Heaven above.

Personal and Family Background:  

Abu Ja'far was from Yemen, the land honored by the prophet (s). He was born around the year 1380(H) and grew up in Al-Ta'if in Saudi Arabia. He later moved to Yemen, and subsequently went to Jihad. The lion-hearted Abu Ja'far was so short statured that when he stood amongst the Mujahideen, he barely reached their shoulders. He had a wheatish complexion with an unmistakable beard. He was very calm, quiet, extremely shy, and was seen constantly smiling. When he laughed, his voice didn't rise. Along with these qualities, he was a very serious and practical man.

We knew him as a man who loved Jihad - his heart filled with a burning desire to serve his religion. By Allah's Grace, he was not the only one in his family to have this zeal. Allah blessed him with a noble sister, who played a key role in his participation in Jihad.

His Special Sister:  

His sister was the one who paid for all his expenses related to Jihad. She sold all of her jewelry and paid for his preparation and trip from her money. Can we find similar women nowadays? Can we find such men? Abu Ja'far asked one of his poet brothers to write a poem thanking his sister. The poet symbolized Abu Ja'far talking to his sister and saying [paraphrased into English from the original Arabic version]:

Some feelings expressed, more have I in store,
For you, they're like perfumes and roses so pure.
I wonder, my sister, so gracious, so shy.
Will I ever see you? With tears in my eye…
I tell you that I will forget you not ever,
The love that I have for you, end it will never.
To you do I owe this chance and this blessing,
To serve The AlMighty, through your offering.
You won my respect, when it was only you,
Who did what none else was willing to do.
Through your sacrifice am I here today,
So count on my help, for a difficult day.
You pushed my heart and my soul for Jihad,
You did fulfil your role for Jihad.
You kept your promise, so firm and strong,
May Allah protect you from all that is wrong!
O Fatima, if I don't see you again,
Don't cry, do not worry, do not feel pain.
For with the Will of the One in Control,
We will meet in Paradise - that is our goal!

Commander Abu Ja'far had married and it was very important to him that his wife earned Arabic. He demanded that she would speak to him in no language other than Arabic. Once she prepared some food and forgot and said the word "eat" in Russian. He got upset, refused to eat, and left the house for sometime. She thus learned Arabic extremely well. This was because of such carefulness on his behalf - may Allah have mercy upon him.

Islamic Knowledge: 

Abu Ja'far had memorized the Quran in his early days and studied some Islamic jurisprudence. One of his teachers was Shaikh Muqbil (Rahimahullah). However, his heavy involvement in the constant fighting took up most of his time, causing him to forget some of the Qur'an. Commander Abul-Waleed says "He told me that he planned to re-memorize it during the following Ramadan because he had forgotten the majority of it. And he did memorize half of it during Ramadan, 1421(h)." 

Religious education was extremely important to Abu Ja'far. In some cases, he gave religious advice to other Mujahideen. Before he embarked on any journey for battle, he reminded his troops of Allah and the great rewards waiting for them. He himself usually got very moved by his words. He always spoke greatly of his Mujahideen brothers and remembered their sacrifice in the sake of Allah.

Military Training:  

Abu Ja'far had learned and perfected the use of the Haon. During the first Chechen war, when he was in the Khattab battalion, he was given the responsibility of using this rocket launcher. During the second war, he truly mastered it and slaughtered many Russians using it.

Along with religious knowledge, he considered military training to be extremely important. Thus, when the first war ended, he took on the responsibility of leading the training camp. He used to ask the educated Mujahideen to give lectures and lessons. If they were late, or if they excused themselves, he would get angry with them and used to say "Allah has entrusted you with spreading your knowledge, so do so." When the second war started, the Khattab unit got bigger, thus, the unit was broken into smaller units and new commanders were appointed. Abu Ja'far was recognized by his brothers for being the best in behaviour, patience, and command, and after the martyrdom of commander Hakeem, he was appointed as commander of a unit. Eventually, Abu Ja'far became a member of the Mujahideen Military Command Council.

An Excellent Teacher:  

Abu Ja'far was a great teacher. He would regularly inspect his unit, which primarily consisted of Arabs, Chechens, and Azerbaijans. If he would find remains of sugar on the ground, he would punish the guilty unit by not issuing them sugar for sometime. Similarly, if he would find breadcrumbs, he would say "How can you waste food when there are brothers who can't find anything to eat?"

He used to train the young men to command. He would meet with them and take their opinions, even in the case of the very new Mujahideen with no experience. Pointing at the map, he would ask "If we find the Russians here, should we attack from over there? How should we plan the attack?" He encouraged others to speak their ideas then discuss them. He would assign some to go out to gather intelligence and others to execute a mini-operation.

He always simplified problems and he would assign a responsibility in a simple way. He would say "You go with such and such group, you do so and so, and if you find the Russians, you kill them and Allahu-Akbar". That was his style. His soldiers used to be surprised with how simple he made things and as a result, they learnt to be good commanders. He would assign responsibilities; one would be responsible for rations (which is one of the most difficult ones), another would be responsible for ammunition, a third for something else. His unit seemed like a bee hive in efficiency even though he would not spend a lot of time with the Mujahideen in his unit because of his other responsibilities such as strategic planning and commanders' meetings.

The Abu Ja'far Unit - Unit of the Courageous Martyrs: 

Soon after its establishment, Abu Ja'far's unit became famous for bravery. The majority of the young Arabs desired his unit. Whenever there were changes, they always asked Allah to be put in Abu Ja'far's unit. The majority of the Arab martyrs came from his unit. One of his soldiers had a dream once that Abu Ja'far was driving a bus along the airport strip in Argun with his unit in the bus. Abu Ja'far started driving fast, and eventually, the bus took off heading towards heaven. We ask Allah to accept them all. At the time of this dream, the following Mujahideen were in his Argun unit and eventually earned martyrdom:

Insha-Allah:
Abdullah (Al-Quds, Palestine)
Abu Habib Al-Qosaimy
Abul-Munthir (United Arab Imarets)
Abu Ubaidah (Yemen)
Abu Huthaifah (Egypt)
Abu Hamzah (Yemen)
Abu Malik (Yemen)
Ibad (Najd, Saudi Arabia)
Ikrimah (Syria)
Abu Saeed Al-Sharqi
Abu Dujanah (Yemen)
Abu Hafs (Egypt)
Al-Muthanna Al-Qosaimy
Abu Sumaiah (Najd, Saudi Arabia)
Abu Dhur (Ta'if, Saudi Arabia)
Abu Asim (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
Abu Abdul-Aziz (Yemen)

Commander Abu Ja'far had married and it was very important to him that his wife earned Arabic. He demanded that she would speak to him in no language other than Arabic. Once she prepared some food and forgot and said the word "eat" in Russian. He got upset, refused to eat, and left the house for sometime. She thus learned Arabic extremely well. This was because of such carefulness on his behalf - may Allah have mercy upon him.

The Kind-Hearted Shepherd: 

Abu Ja'far was very kind and gentle with the Mujahideen - especially with those poor and weak Mujahideen who came from Uzbekistan. Relatively speaking, the Arab and Chechen Mujahideen have support and help from people in their home countries. As for the Uzbeks, they had no support from their home country. Once an Uzbek Mujahid eanted to marry, so he went to Abu Ja'far, who solicited help from other commanders and was able to assist him and buy him new clothes.

Abu Ja'far's caring and kindness was also evidenced during the withdrawal operation from Grozny. His unit was assigned to meet and support the withdrawing Mujahideen in some of the villages. Abu Ja'far was found running around non-stop serving them, as the majority of the Mujahideen were sick and they were all exhausted. That first day, he did not sleep at all, until it was 10:00 the next day. He even nursed the Mujahideens' feet which had gotten very swollen from the walking. One Mujahid says "Once during the winter, we had a very tough day and couldn't get to sleep until around 10:00pm. Everyone was exhausted. I happened to wake up around 12:30 and found Abu Ja'far talking to Khattab. The discussion went on for a long time. Khattab wanted Ja'far to wake up his unit and move. Ja'far said "That is fine but the men need to rest a little more." Khattab would then say, "They have rested enough," but Ja'far kept insisting "They are extremely tired and need some more rest". When Khattab left, I saw Ja'far lie down to sleep. Being unable to sleep, he got up after a short while, made Wudu, prayed two Rak'ahs, then started the car and went to get a head start on next day's preparation for his unit. 

Abu Ja'far truly cared for the Mujahideen, never forgetting anyone's need. Once, a Mujahid needed boots. After a while, Abu Ja'far brought him a pair and did not forget. Once I asked him for a special rifle. About three weeks later, and after I had forgotten, he received a batch of new weapons and was handing them out. He called me and gave me what I wanted.

Abu Ja'far was very selfless and always placed others before himself. He made sure others ate before him and others had clothes before he did. Once the command issued new uniforms and he was one of the last ones who got his. Once we had to stay in the forests during the rainy season. The forests are at their worst during this time. The rain pours heavily, making the round muddy and slippery, and not to mention, a fire cannot be started either. Once the command gave out comfortable waterproof tents. They were wonderful to sleep in. They felt as comfortable as a hotel room. The Mujahideen entered the tents filling them up to the point where there was no place left for Abu Ja'far. Even though he was the commander, instead of asking his men to make room for him, he went to a nearby area with a couple of other Mujahideen and attached plastic tarp to tree limbs and slept. His selflessness is reminiscent of the noble companions of the Prophet, peace be upon him, who are praised by Allah for such acts as follows:

"…They prefer them (their brothers in faith) over their own persons, even though they, themselves, may be in need. And whoever is saved from his own avarice, such are they who are successful." [59:9]

Humble and Respectful:  

Another exemplary quality of Abu Ja'far was his humility. Being a commander, he himself deserved to be honoured, but he always honoured and praised others instead. This was most notable in the case of those who had been his commanders. At different times, he had been commanded by Khattab, Hakeem (may Allah have mercy upon him), Yakoob, and Abul-Waleed. When one of his commanders visited the base, Ja'far would always walk behind them and if a Mujahid came and asked for anything -- even a bullet-- he would tell him, ask the commander (meaning the higher-ranking visitor). Even if he would be in the middle of talking and directing his troops and if a commander of a higher rank would walk in, he would stop talking and take a step back as if he were a common soldier.
His would not take credit for his achievements. He would plan and command an operation, but when asked to give the details, he would say "The brothers planned and did so and so".
When our talk was on honor, the subject respect. Your example, O Ja'far, we'd always select.

The Mujahideen who knew him all agreed that he never directly asked anyone to do anything for him. He could be surrounded with other Mujahideen yet when he needed a glass of water, he would get up and get it himself. And despite all of the responsibilities and demands of his position, he always took care of his own business, even during the battles and in the forests. For example, despite his high rank and busy schedule, he always washed his own clothes. Not only did he not order, but he never even allowed anyone to do his washing for him.

Another one of Allah's gifts to him was an amazing sixth sense. Once he woke up from sleep worried. He contacted the Mujahideen intelligence and found out that there was a Russian advance. Another time, the same thing happened but he was much more worried. He then learned there was also an advance and some Mujahideen were wounded.

The Lion-Hearted Leopard:  

Abu Ja'far was amazingly bold and courageous. Once, Sheikh Abu Umar Had remarked, 
"In my opinion, this man should not be given command because I fear that he is too bold". He also used to say about Abu Ja'far, "The flames of the battles he leads are very hot".
He had terrorized the Russians and instilled a great fear in their hearts. Once on the Sergen-Yurt front, the Mujahideen intercepted the Russians' transmissions and heard them saying: "We have soldiers along the Sergen-Yurt front, and … and … and they are being confronted by a unit in the mountains that we estimate to be 25,000, commanded by General Ja'far". At that time, Abu Ja'far's unit was less than 140 Mujahideen. So much was his reputation for bravery and courage, that when some Chechen civilians met him for the first time and noticed his small stature, they couldn't believe what they saw and jokingly questioned "YOU are General Ja'far?"

Due to his courageousness, members of his unit reported never feeling afraid during an attack in which Abu Ja'far was also present. One Mujahid tells the following story:
"He did not know the term "withdraw" and if we absolutely had to do so, he would be the absolute last one. During the battle of Eid (documented in Russian Hell in 2000), he was in the operation of Argun and I was in his unit when we were preparing an ambush along
the Gudremes road. The ambush started at 7:45 am when a convoy consisting of 10 armoured vehicles and a BTR arrived. At that point, Abu Ja'far gave the order to begin. By Allah's grace, our shots hit the vehicles head on and burnt all of them. The Russians sent reinforcements consisting of one armoured vehicle and about 15 soldiers. My brother Imad and myself engaged the reinforcements. When Abu Ja'far heard the shooting, he came running and said "Allow me to join you and get some reward". He joined us in shooting them while about half his body was showing to the enemy. For about two hours, he kept on moving from one fox hall to another assisting the Mujahideen and killing off the remaining Russians. Allah blessed us with killing the majority of them and wounding others. More Russian reinforcements arrived. This time, it was three vehicles and about 45 soldiers. We engaged them from 10:00am until about 2:30pm. Abu Ja'far was consistently in the front and only came back to take some grenades from others and move forward to toss them at the Russians. Allah blessed us with a strong showing that day and we kept on killing them until we heard them yelling "Mommy" and "Help". After it was over, Abu Ja'far left the fox hall to kill off the injured and put them out of their worldly misery - only to be met with more after death. At that point, we could not believe what we saw. More reinforcements arrived, consisting of more than twenty six tanks, BMP's, and URALs full of soldiers. When we saw them, our voices raised with ALLAHU-AKBAR and LA ILAHA ILLA ALLAH. We really felt that our hearts reached our throats as Allah described in the Quraan. None of us thought that we would survive that surprise attack. A brother next to me said "What do we do?" I responded, "Remember Allah and ask Him to bestow steadfastness upon you". Another brother came and asked the same thing adding that the majority of the brothers have already left and that we should do the same. I said "We don't move until we get the command from the commander". For a while, I wasn't sure what to do. I left my fox hall and found Abu Ja'far saying to the brothers "Have fear of Allah and be steadfast". They came back. As for Abu Ja'far, he was running around in the battlefield and managed to burn 10 vehicles using some of their own diesel. Eventually, I withdrew with an injured brother. Four brothers stayed with Abu Ja'far and he was the last to leave the battlefield."

Beloved to the Believers:  

"Indeed, those who believe and do good deeds, the Beneficent will appoint for them, love." [Qur'an, 19:96]

The Mujahideen under his command, as well as the Chechens all really loved Abu Ja'far, to the point where his name had become a household name in the country. Once he was among six Mujahideen in the forest and fell into a Russian ambush. A Mujahid of his unit, Abul-Muthanna, was fatally shot. Such was his love for Abu Ja'far, that, even on his
'death-bed', lying in a pool of his own blood, he was heard saying "Oh Allah, protect Abu Ja'far".

One of the Mujahideen reports the following incident: 

"One night, I mistakenly left my unit and subsequently got lost. I kept going from one village to the next looking for my unit and trying to avoid the people. I met an elderly woman and finally decided to ask her. I started talking to her in very broken Russian. Her son appeared and realized that I was an Arab Mujahid. He asked me which unit I belonged to? I answered: Ja'far. His face lit up with happiness and he insisted on carrying my rifle for me and was very generous with me. He asked me about Ja'far and I told him he was injured at the time. He was very moved and I could see genuine sadness on his face. He did not leave me until he took me back to the Mujahideen."

Abu Ja'far had not only left the life of worldly ease and comfort for Jihad, he also took his full share of the reward of being injured and suffering hardships in the path of Allah. He got very sick a number of times and was wounded on several other occasions. Abu Ja'far was once shot in his right wrist (during the ambush in which Abul Muthanna was martyred), which hurt him for a while, especially when he ate. On another occasion, he was shot in his left arm, and on a third, he was shot in his back.

Finally, Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta'ala released Abu Ja'far from this worldly prison, and took him insha'Allah as a martyr into the folds of His Infinite Mercy. He joined the caravans of martyrs on Saturday 2/18/1422 (H). On that fateful day, he had left with the engineers to plant some landmines along a road commonly used by the Russians. While planting one of them, it exploded, killing him and Abu Bakr (Turkey) and a third Chechen Mujahid. We ask Allah to accept them all as martyrs in the highest place in Paradise (aameen).

The kind-hearted Shepherd
Lion-hearted Leopard,
Through his acts a preacher,
A truly great teacher,
Beloved Commander,
Beloved, no wonder!
Never of himself,
Always thinking of others.
Running here and there,
Busy serving his brothers.
Fulfilling their needs,
And amassing good deeds,
His own status he raised,
Like those Allah has praised.
Not surprising indeed,
Allah chose him Shaheed.
From this prison released.
With him Allah be pleased!
The kind-hearted Shepherd,
Lion-hearted Leopard,
Whose name did cast terror,
Within those in error.
Instilled in them fear,
Whether far or near.
He knew no retreat
And never defeat.
Him no one could scare,
They could not even dare.
Like a solid rock, wall.
He was for them all.
Remembering Allah,
Holding on to His rope.
A legend of courage,
A beacon of hope.
Not surprising indeed,
Allah chose him Shaheed.
From this prison released.
With him Allah be pleased!

Nisa

Post by Nisa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:39 am

Shafeeq At-Tuwaijiri
Shafeeq (Ayub At-Tuwaijiri), from the Arabian Peninsula. Killed during an ambush by Russian Forces in Chechnya, in May 2000. Aged 18. 1st hand account. 

" The Young Man, the Wise Muslim, the Mujahid Martyr. " 

He was less than 18 years old when he first came to Chechnya. He arrived to join the Mujahideen at a time when the Jihad in the Caucasus most needed determined Muslims like him to fight and sacrifice for Allah, Islam and the Muslims. 

He grew up close to the religion of Allah; he never went through ‘a youthful phase’ marred by transgression and was known not to have strayed from the path of Shariah. He was one of those who the Prophet (SAWS), described as: “Allah looks with pleasure upon young men who do not (succumb) to youthful passions and childlike behavior.” Among Shafeeq’s exemplary qualities were his pure intentions, unrestricted goodness and excellence in character; we consider him as such and do not sanctify anyone other than Allah Most High. 

Shafeeq closely followed the developments surrounding every corner of the Ummah. His heart bled whenever he learned of the massacre of Muslims. He hated, for the sake of Allah, the unbelievers who committed merciless crimes against the Muslims, and he was upset by the fact that Muslims failed to rush in support of their beleaguered brothers around the world. 

As part of his care for the Ummah, Shafeeq eagerly followed the news of the Mujahideen through video and audio tapes. His infatuation with Jihad and his desire to sacrifice for Allah eventually prompted him to leave behind all worldly comforts and to join the Mujahideen in Chechnya. For several months, he prepared himself physically and mentally for Jihad; he often spoke to his parents about his desire to join the Mujahideen, and finally, he joined the martyred brother Abdur-Rahman Al-Sulaib (Abu Yaasir Al-Nashmi) and travelled to Chechnya. 

Despite suffering from chronic asthma, Shafeeq distinguished himself on the battlefield. He traveled with the Mujahideen from village to village, and fought with them in many battles. His exploits were heroic and his sword was severe upon the unbelievers. 

A Date With Martyrdom:  

The Mujahideen remain active and mobile throughout all of their operations. This means Mujahideen units are always on the move, from town to town, from village to village and from mountain to mountain. 

During one of these operations, Shafeeq was a member in a 10-man unit of Mujahideen. The unit stopped at a certain village and remained there for several days. Towards the end of their stay, Russian forces attacked the village. Shafeeq and his unit conducted a logical withdrawal from the village in order not to present themselves as easy targets to the hordes of Russian tanks and aircraft. 

During their withdrawal, the 10 Mujahideen fell into an ambush set by Russian forces. A firefight ensued and the three of the Mujahideen were killed. Among them were the Chechen commander of the unit, another Chechen Mujahid and Shafeeq. The remaining Mujahideen broke through the ambush and returned to Mujahideen bases. May Allah accept our brother Shafeeq, the young lion, as a Martyr in the highest levels of Paradise. 

Shafeeq’s will was to have his Salam and greetings presented to his father, mother and family members. He also willed that we make Dua for him and all of the Mujahideen. 

May Allah Most Merciful grant Shafeeq and all of the Martyrs of the Ummah a lofty position in the shade of His Glorious Throne and may He hasten the victory of His warriors over His enemies. 

Nisa

Post by Nisa » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:47 am

Abul-Abbas Al-Kuwaiti
Abul-Abbas Al-Kuwaiti (Salem Al-Ajmi), from Kuwait. Killed fighting Russian Forces in Chechnya, on Monday 15 February 2000, whilst facing the enemy and not fleeing. Aged 23.

All Praises are due to Allah and peace and salutations be upon our Prophet, Muhammad [SAWS]. 

What can we say about the many martyrs, who have sacrificed their lives so that the Deen of Allah, Most High, may reign supreme in this world? We believe them insha-Allah, to be amongst the ranks of those whom Allah, Most High, Describes in the Quran as having "Honoured the covenant they established with Allah."

As is the case with all martyrs, it is difficult to do justice to the story of the noble life of Abul-Abbas Al-Kuwaiti…for indeed we will run out of words and our pens will dry up, before these men, women and children can be given the due they deserve. So although, it is almost impossible to adequately put into words the story of such a man, we will continue to share a few words about his life, so that insha-Allah, the dead hearts of the Muslim Ummah, may be illuminated upon hearing about the eternally alive hearts of these martyrs. 

Abul-Abbas Al-Kuwaiti possessed many noble qualities, and honourable characteristics. Indeed it is rare to find young men such as him, in this world. 

Throughout the time during which I had the honour of knowing him, I found him to be someone who epitomized righteousness: he was always seeking knowledge, enforcing and encouraging virtue, and forbidding evil, and he loved his believing brothers immensely. 

He rushed to Chechnya at the tender age of twenty-three, accompanied by a few of his brothers. Alhamdulillah, barely two and a half months had passed, and Allah, Most High, called him to join the caravan of martyrs. We ask Allah to enter him into the highest levels of paradise along with the Prophets, other martyrs, and the truthful and righteous ones. 
Abul-Abbas served as an example of patience, amidst the hardships of Jihad. He would spend long hours in his trench, fighting the enemy face to face during frigid blizzards. By the time he returned, his uniform would be covered in mud as if he had been rolling in it for many hours. He exercised patience in the face of these difficulties, patiently awaiting his reward from Allah. 

During his last days in this world, he did not leave the front line. He remained there with his dear friend Khallad Al-Madani, who joined Abul-Abbas in the caravan of martyrs only two days later. 

Khallad had missed Abul-Abbas tremendously, and had longed to be in his company again, and Allah, Most High, did not keep them apart for long. 

The Martyrdom of Abul-Abbas Al-Kuwaiti 

Abul-Abbas had held on to the village of Sers-Yurt along with barely a hundred other Mujahideen for over two months. Using their machine guns, this small brave group, warded off more than 5000 Russian soldiers, who were armed with all types of heavy weapons, tanks, and fighter jets. 

During this time, Allah, Glorious and Most High, exposed the weak state of the Russian enemy. For in spite of their astonishing numbers, they failed miserably in deterring the no more than 12 Mujahideen who were on the front line. It was only after the Russians decided to surround the village and cut off all supplies from the civilians that the Mujahideen finally left. 

Their commander Abu Ja'far Al-Yemani, decided to establish the frontline in the area of Khatni. After the lines were set up and preparations made, the enemy advanced towards this area, and a heated battle ensued. 
The Mujahideen including Abul-Abbas Al-Kuwaiti, heard the sounds of war from their near-by camp. Abul-Abbas rushed off to the battleground, seeking martyrdom. As I write this, I can imagine them saying: 

"Rushing to Allah without anything in hand except 
Blessed deeds and righteousness 
Waiting.... for everything is bound to end except 
Patience, piety, and righteousness." 

The Mujahideen reached their bunkers within a short space of time, and Abul-Abbas was the first to do so. By the time he reached for his weapon (PK machine gun) and prepared it, the enemy armoured-vehicles were already firing at his post. Despite the horrific sight of these machines, he refused to take cover. Instead, he kept his head up, and kept on going, until his moment of glory arrived, and his heart's desire was finally fulfilled. 

An MBB projectile entered his forehead and exited from the back of his head. He fell down in bravery and honour. He then pointed his finger to the sky, saying "La Ilaha Illa Allah" (There is no Lord except Allah), thereafter departing for the eternal life.

One of the great signs pointing to the martyrdom of Abu Abbas, was a dream which his mother had a few days later, in which she saw him in Jannah- above him was the Throne of the All Merciful. 

So long Abu Abbas. Although yes, your departure was bitter for us, because it means we will not see you again in this life. Yet, it was sweet too, because Allah, Most High, Honoured you with the best and the greatest death - the death of a martyr. We believe you to be as such and we expect the best from our Creator for you. 

May Allah have mercy on you Abu Abbas. And may he join us with you in the everlasting paradise.

If we can no longer be together in this life then we seek joy in the fact that Allah will join us in the afterlife, if He so Wills. And that is sufficient for us. 

"Naeem bin Hamar (RA) narrates that a person asked the Prophet (SAWS), 'Which martyr is the most superior?' The Prophet (SAWS) replied, 'Those who are in the rows of battle and do not turn their faces until they are killed. They will roam around in the highest rooms in Paradise and their Lord will laugh at them (out of happiness). This is an indication that, when Allah laughs at somebody due to His Pleasure, there is no accounting of his deeds on the Day of Judgement."[Ahmad]

Nisa

What Can We Do About The Slaughter Of Muslims Around The Wor

Post by Nisa » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:35 am

What Can We Do About The Slaughter Of Muslims In Palestine And Around The World?

Question: What is our stance concerning the slaughter of Muslims in Palestine and other parts of the world that is happening right now, where houses are being destroyed, farms are being wrecked, children are being killed, the wounded are being detained in the streets, houses are being bombarded and people are being prevented by the Jews and others, from buying the food and drink that they need? What can I, as a Muslim, do?

Answer: Praise be to Allaah.  

1- You have to make du’aa’, and recite du’a’ al-qunoot in your salaah (prayer).

2- Collect charity and send it through trustworthy channels.

3- Support the weak and oppressed in all ways, including the media and the internet.

4- Get scholars, daa’iyahs, khateebs and writers to explain the oppression that is happening and the negligence on the part of the ummah, and to mobilize the ummah to defend the holy places.

5- Check on one’s own intentions with regard to fighting for the sake of Allaah, and see whether he is applying the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever dies without having fought for the sake of Allaah or having had the intention of doing so, has died following one of the branches of hypocrisy.” (Saheeh Muslim, no. 3533)

6- Pursuing all the means of building up material and moral strength, in preparation for meeting the enemy (in battle).

7- Reminding oneself and others of the virtues of martyrdom for the sake of Allaah and studying the rulings on jihad, and not having an attachment to this world.

8- Doing as much damage as possible to the enemies who are in a state of war with us, by boycotting their products, attacking them verbally and in writing to humiliate and annoy them, and to point out their kufr and shirk, and their insults to Allaah, His Messenger and the believers, publishing as much as possible in the audio-visual and print media about this serious topic whilst also connecting that to Islamic belief and the words of Allaah and His Messenger,

We ask Allaah the Exalted and All-Powerful to support His religion and cause His word to prevail.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/21284