Defence Of The Muslim Lands

Discuss Islam basics.
Nisa

Re: Defence Of The Muslim Lands

Post by Nisa » Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 pm

SayfUlIslam: BarakAllahu Feek! The analogy of the foetus and womb was amazing! SubhanAllah. JazakAllahu Khairan for sharing.
Abu_Umarah: JazakAllahu Khairan for sharing :D
May Allah t'ala bless u all for making a great contribution towards sharing knowledge regarding this post. Allahumma Ameen
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216

Nisa

Post by Nisa » Sat May 19, 2012 10:10 am

Dawood Al-Britanee, Killed during a battle against Croatian Forces in Bosnia in 1993. Aged 29.

SubhanAllah!
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"

Nisa

Punishment For Neglecting Jihad For The Sake Of Allah

Post by Nisa » Mon May 21, 2012 4:37 am

Question: Is there a specific punishment that is deserved by those who neglect Jihad for the sake of Allaah?. 

Answer: Praise be to Allaah.  

The command to wage jihad for the sake of Allaah, and the warning against neglecting jihad, appear in many verses of the Qur’aan and ahaadeeth. 

If the Muslims neglect jihad for the sake of Allaah, and prefer a life of ease, and focus only on this world, they will face humiliation and scorn, and all their affairs will be corrupted. They expose themselves to the wrath and anger of Allaah, and they expose Islam to loss and defeat at the hands of kufr. Hence neglecting jihad is a major sin. 

Ibn Hajar said in al-Zawaajir: 

The 390th, 391st and 392nd major sins are neglecting jihad when it becomes an obligation, which is when aggressors enter the Muslim land or when they seize a Muslim, and it is possible to rescue him from them and the people neglect jihad altogether and when the people in a region neglect to fortify their borders so that there is a risk of the kuffaar overrunning them because of that.” end quote. 

Hence it was well known and well established among the Sahaabah that no one refrains from taking part in jihad when it becomes fard ‘ayn (an individual obligation) except one who is weak and is therefore excused or one who is a hypocrite.  This is what was narrated by Ka’b ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) when he stayed behind from the campaign of Tabook: “When I came out to the people after the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had gone out, I went around among them and was distressed to see no one except a man who was known to be a hypocrite or weak men whom Allaah had excused.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4066; Muslim, 4973. 

The evidence also states some of the punishments that result from that. For example: 

1 – Neglecting jihad leads to doom in this world and in the Hereafter. 

In this world the craven coward is humiliated and enslaved, he is a follower, not a leader. In the Hereafter, neglecting jihad will be a cause of Allaah's punishment. 

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“And spend in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihad of all kinds) and do not throw yourselves into destruction (by not spending your wealth in the Cause of Allaah), and do good. Truly, Allaah loves Al-Muhsinoon (the good-doers” [al-Baqarah 2:195] 

At-Tirmidhi (2972) narrated that Aslam Abu ‘Imraan said: We were in the city of the Byzantines (i.e., Constantinople) and a great troop of the Byzantines  came out to us. One of the Muslim men attacked the Byzantine ranks until he penetrated them, and the people shouted and said “Subhaan-Allaah, he has thrown himself into destruction.” Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaari stood up and said: “O people, you misinterpret this verse in this way; rather this verse was revealed concerning us, the Ansaar. When Allaah caused Islam to prevail and its supporters increased, we said to one another in secret, without speaking to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): ‘Our wealth is neglected. Allaah has caused Islam to prevail and its supporters have increased. Why don’t we stay with our property and improve it?’ Then Allaah revealed Qur’aan to His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), refuting what we had said: “And spend in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihad of all kinds) and do not throw yourselves into destruction” [al-Baqarah 2:195]. This destruction was our staying with our property to improve it, and neglecting to fight (in jihad). Abu Ayyoob never stopped fighting for the sake of Allaah until he was buried in Constantinople. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. 

It says in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi: 

This hadeeth indicates that what is meant by throwing oneself into destruction is taking care of one’s family and wealth at the expense of jihad.  

2 – Neglecting jihad is a cause of humiliation and scorn 

Abu Dawood (3462) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “When you engage in ‘aynah transactions (a kind of transaction intended to circumvent the prohibition on riba or usury), and you take hold of the tails of oxen and you are content with agriculture (at the time when jihad is obligatory), and you give up jihad, then Allaah will send upon you humiliation that will not be dispelled until you return to your religion, Allaah will send upon you humiliation that will not be dispelled until you return to your religion, Allaah will send upon you humiliation that will not be dispelled until you return to your religion.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood. 

Our Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) indeed spoke the truth, for the one who looks at the state of the Muslims today will see that they have become very careless about their religion. They consume riba and they are focused on this world, and they have neglected jihad for the sake of Allaah. And what is the result? Allaah has subjected them to humiliation, and they turn to the east and to the west, humiliated and lowly, asking them for support against their enemies, and they do not realize [?] that this humiliation will not be lifted from them until they go back to their religion as the truthful Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said. 

Allaah has indeed spoken the truth: 

“Give to the hypocrites the tidings that there is for them a painful torment. 

Those who take disbelievers for Awliyaa’ (protectors or helpers or friends) instead of believers, do they seek honour, power and glory with them? Verily, then to Allaah belongs all honour, power and glory”.
 [al-Nisa’ 4:138-139 – interpretation of the meaning] 

3 – Neglecting jihad is a cause of Allaah's punishment in this world and in the Hereafter 

Abu Dawood (2503) narrated from Abu Umaamah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not fight or does not equip a warrior or support the family of a warrior in his absence, Allaah will strike him with calamity before the Day of Resurrection.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood. 

Al-Qaari’ah (translated here as calamity) means a disaster that occurs suddenly. 

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihaad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared to the Hereafter.

If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people; and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allaah is Able to do all things”.
 [al-Tawbah 9:38-39] 

The punishment of which He warns them is not only punishment in the Hereafter, rather it is punishment in this world and in the Hereafter, the punishment of humiliation that befalls those who do not engage in jihad, the punishment of being deprived of the good things from which the kaafir enemy benefits. In addition to all of that, those who forsake jihad will lose more lives and more wealth than would be lost in jihad, and they offer more sacrifices than those required to retain their honour and dignity. No ummah forsook jihad but Allaah sent humility upon them, thus the cost was far greater than that that may have been required in jihad against the enemy.  Al-Zilaal, 3/1655. 

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said (p. 532): 

“O you who believe” do you not know the requirements of faith, which is that you should hasten to obey the command of Allaah and to seek His pleasure, and to fight His enemies in jihad for the sake of your religion? So “What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allaah (i.e. Jihaad) you cling heavily to the earth?” meaning, why are you so lazy and so inclined towards this world. 

“Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter?” Your case is that of those who are content with this world and who strive for worldly purposes, caring nothing for the Hereafter because they do not believe in it. 

“But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world” towards which you are inclined and which you prefer. Hasn’t Allaah given you reason with which to weigh up matters and see which deserves to be shown preference? 

Is not this world – from beginning to end – as nothing in comparison to the Hereafter? 

What is a man's lifespan in comparison to the lifespan of this world, so as to make worldly gain his ultimate goal and concern and restrict all his efforts and focus to this short life that is filled with distress and risk?  

How can you possibly prefer it to the Hereafter which includes every kind of delight that a person could desire, where you will abide forever? No person who prefers this world to the Hereafter has faith rooted in his heart and he cannot be regarded as a man of wisdom and understanding. Then Allaah warns them if they do not march forth, as He says: 

“If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment” – in this world and in the Hereafter, for not marching forth when ordered to do so is a major sin that deserves the most severe punishment, because it causes a great deal of harm, because the one who stays behind(from jihad) has disobeyed Allaah and done something that He has forbidden, and he has not helped to support the religion of Allaah or to protect the Book of Allaah and His Law. He has not helped his Muslim brothers against the enemy who wants to uproot them and eradicate their religion.  Perhaps others who are weak in faith will follow his example, and he may even discourage those who are involved in fighting the enemies of Allaah. Thus he will be like those whom Allaah has warned of a severe punishment: “If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment” Allaah has promised to support His religion and make His word supreme regardless of whether you obey the command of Allaah or not. 

“and Allaah is Able to do all things” He is not incapable of doing anything that He wants, and none can overwhelm Him.

We ask Allaah to bring the Muslims back to their religion and to remove humiliation from them. 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Abdullah bin 'Amr bin al-'As, where he reported that the Messenger of Allah said: "There will come a time upon the people when their hearts will be like the hearts of the non-Arabs ('ajam)." He was asked: "And what are the hearts of the non-Arabs like?" The Messenger of Allah replied: "Love of the dunya, making their lifestyle that of the bedouins, devoting all of their acquired wealth to animals; they see Jihad as a source of harm, and charity as a source of loss." - Reported by al-Haythami in 'Majma' az-Zawa'id' (3/65), at-Tabarani in 'al-Mu'jam al-Kabir' (13/36), and al-Albani included it in 'as-Silsilah as-Sahihah' (# 3357)

SubhanAllah!!!

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 am

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh. 

With the help of Allah and His Grace, if life remains, I hope to post some stories of the Shuhadaa of our time. In no way do they come near in comparison to the Sahabah's lives and ranks, but a reminder to all that real men have existed in our time too, for those people who think and answer with "those were the days and time of the prophet, and those days were different, etc etc!"

My brothers and sisters, I highly recommend you to please take the time out and read these inspiring, heart-warming and amazingly brilliant TRUE stories.. SubhanAllah!

Jazakumullahu Khairan in advance for reading and may it benefit all those who read. Allahumma Ameen 

Your sister in Islam, Nisa.

The Caravan Of Martyrs
Stories written&taken from the works and experiences of Shaheed Abdullah Azzam.

Yahya Seynor Al-Jeddawi

Yahya Senyor from Jeddah, Arabian Peninsula.Aged 20. First shaheed from the Arabian Peninsula in the land of Afghanistan. Killed during an ambush by the Communist Forces near Jaji, Afghanistan, in 1985.

"Abu Muadh and I smelled the blood of Yahya the Martyr from a distance of 500 metres, while he was in the car which took him to his final dwelling; to the earth which rejoiced at the addition of his chaste body, and which we hope will be a garden from the Gardens of Paradise..."  

"Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision." [Quran 3:169] These were the last words by which you bade farewell to the world, in a letter which was found in your pocket by the companion of your journey. It was he upon whom you pronounced your last breaths while your head rested on his chest. Muhammad Ameen, our spokesman, said to me, "Yahya wrote this letter on the last night he lived on this earth." 

Everything in your soul used to speak that you were the next to be a Martyr. There were your brothers who partook with you in the pains of the path of sacrifice, sweat and blood, under the shower of bullets and the thunder of cannons, to awaken an Ummah whose depths was filled by weakness and would only slumber at the foothold of every tyrannical oppressor. If it awoke, then with the strides of subservience it submitted to his regulations. How long did I swear to these people, O Yahya, that you would be a Martyr? They would say to you, "O Yahya, don't try and purify yourself too much," to which you would reply, "God forbid I purify myself (Allah is the One who will purify me)." They said that to you, but I sensed in my depths that you would be a Shaheed. 

It was the Night of Arafat, and the Russians had pounced on you from above and from below. Hearts had reached to the throats; you rose with your brothers for Suhoor to fast the Day of Arafat in the land of the battle, for if the fasting of Arafat expiates two years' sins, how great is fasting Arafat under lava sprinkled from the sky as if it was a shower of rain! This, no doubt, has a reward which is much greater, and in an authentic hadith, it is stated that whoever fasted a day for the sake of Allah, Allah will make the distance between him and the Fire the length of seventy trenches. So your brothers said to you, "O Yahya, let us eat Suhoor." You replied, "I am going to perform ablution." Then you clarified yourself, saying, "By Allah, I am not in a state of Janaba (ritual impurity), rather I am bathing to meet the Hoor which I saw in my dream. I have never seen a woman in my dream, but tonight she came to me with her clothes, her flirtatiousness, her beauty, her purity, and the blackness of her eyes - she is the Hoor!" The battle of Jaji ended, but you were not lucky, O Yahya, in attaining Martyrdom. Thus, your brothers began to joke with you, saying, "Where did the Hoor go, the one that you insisted would arrive?!" One of the Arab brothers told me, "Yahya stood at the graves of the three Arab Martyrs which lay at the peak of Jaji, and he started to address them saying, 'Soon I will be joining you, with the permission of Allah'." 

The 7th of Muharram 1405 (23 September 1985) arrived and on that day you had an appointment with Martyrdom, the Martyrdom which you had not refrained from asking for, day and night. It was at the hands of a group of Communist agents, who opened fire on you at the gates of Jaji, that you attained it and you sealed the sale (of your soul) - insha-Allah. 

O Yahya! Your fragrant blood began to flow and not a single person remained that touched your body or perfumed themselves with drops of your blood without the smell of musk filling their noses, and even everyone who attended your funeral (more than 100 people) began to wonder to themselves: 'Why have we never witnessed, nor smelled a scent in the whole of our lives, better or more fragrant than this one?' 

Abul Hassan Al-Maqdisi said to me, "Abu Muadh and I smelled the blood of Yahya the Martyr from a distance of 500 metres, while he was in the car which took him to his final dwelling; to the earth which rejoiced at the addition of his chaste body, and which we hope will be a garden from the Gardens of Paradise." 

Dr Ahmad said to me, "I met many of the martyrs, but I did not smell a better or more fragrant smell than this one." 

A drop of blood flowing from the body of Shaheed Yahya Senyor 24 hours after his martyrdom And Dr. Abu Muhammad said to me, "I entered the room in which Yahya's body was shrouded in the hospital three days after he was killed. The smell of musk diffused from all its corners!" 

And Abu Hamza said to me, "My wife approached me after my return from the funeral saying, 'Which perfume is this that I smell?'" 

You attained a solace, such that time could not strike its magnanimity, nor could it split its bond, or decrease its strength. You did not relent for a moment. You refused to let the Muslims' honour be violated, their support reduced or their victory be trampled on. You did not sit by patiently while the Muslims were being humiliated, nor did you stand by it, rather you advanced to Allah, composed, steadfast, relentless and unyielding. 

You used to favour Wardak (a province in Afghanistan) because you had toured it completely. There was not a camp where the Mujahideen resided, nor a gathering of theirs, that you did not enter and familiarize yourself with. You tried to fulfill their needs and desires, trying to remove from them the deficiencies of their lives, due to which you used to call yourself Abdur Rahman Abdul Kabeer Al-Wardaki [the one from Wardak]. 
And thus, with the twinkling of an eye, Yahya passed to his Lord, and we pray that Allah delights him with a Faithful Seat beside the Throne of the Powerful Sovereign. 

Your days among us were not many, O twenty-year old! And your soul passed to its Lord, leaving behind deep-rooted glory, and an honourable mention. We ask Allah to increase you in happiness upon your entry into the World of the Angels. 

And we ask Allah - the Mighty and Majestic - to resurrect us amongst the blessed ones, and to grant us death as Martyrs, and to gather us in the presence of the Prophets, may Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon them. And we ask Allah - the Mighty and Majestic - to make us a substitute for you in goodness, and to enable your mother and your father and your brothers to understand that you are with your Creator, and we invoke Him to make you an intercessor for them on the Day of Judgement. 

In closing, we will repeat the verse from the Holy Qur'an:  "Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision. They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His bounty, rejoicing for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve." [Quran 3:169-170] 

And Glory and Praise be to You. I bear witness that there is no God worthy of worship but You, I ask Your forgiveness, and I turn to You in repentance. 
Your brother Abu Muhammad.

The Last Letter from Shaheed Yahya Senyor: 

The Muslim Mujahid knows his aim very well, and for that reason you will see him moving with an insight about his manner, and with firm strides, which know not retreat…he pays no attention to trials and punishments, rather he finds in them the object of his repose because they are in the Way of Allah: - and whoever treads the path of the Prophets does not ask himself whether he is walking on thorns or blades. The last letter which Shaheed Yahya wrote to his family is a bigger indication of the truth of what we have spoken about him; so listen to him when he says: 

'I am here…despite the airplanes, the tanks, and the shelling which continues day and night, and despite the intense cold and the hunger, I am in the peak of happiness and have peace of mind, because I feel that I am doing the most beloved of acts to Allah, and Allah does not waste the rewards of those who act. This Jihad is the only way that man can present to Allah acts which please Him and to return to this Ummah its full honour.'  

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Wed May 23, 2012 3:49 am

Abu Tayyib Al-Maghribi 

Abu Tayyib Al-Maghribi, from Morocco. Killed during a Communist Offensive against Shokhdara, Afghanistan, in 1989.

The Emigrant Caller to Islam 
From the splendour of the World he fled,
From the temptations of America he came,
With the bloom of youth, he was broken,
And with its moistness this branch was squeezed.

I met him at a conference in America in December 1988, and he began to follow me from place to place. Under the pretence of journalism, he was allowed to remain alone with me in the hotel, frequenting my room now and again. Thus, all Praise be to Allah, he clinged to me, not permitting my separation from him. When the end of the conference came within sight, he began to tempt me by offering me visits to his city of residence. He came to me with a group of youth from Arlington, who said to me: “Abu Tariq, the pilot, is in our city, and it is buzzing for Jihad like a beehive, and it is in our duty to visit it. It is close to Oklahoma, and you can travel there by car.” So I rode in the car of brother Mustafa Rajab, and I travelled with them to their city. The hours in which I met Abu Tariq after a long separation from him were passionate and emotional. He had participated in laying the foundations of the Service Bureau, and had taken the lead in the charitable journey, which the service bureau had embarked upon. 

Abu Tayyib decided to divorce the land of America thrice, never to return. I returned to Peshawar, and after a while Abu Tayyib followed me. I took him to Sada, and at this point the sound of Islamic Callers at work was still a thought in people's minds, but I advised him to make it a reality, and he was thus the first to be engaged in this activity. He wanted dearly to serve this religion, and Allah (SWT) bestowed upon him knowledge of Islamic education and culture. The radiance was noticeable on his face, the radiance of the spirit which penetrated his limbs, and the purity of his soul which shone through his forehead. And what is more beautiful radiance than that of awakening determination? 

Whenever the spirits of hawks awake, 
And move within the heart and souls, 
The youth see a resisting place for their determination in the orbits and the luminous horizon. 
You are the hawk, so build your nest and live, 
On the peaks of heights and on the mountain tops.

In Ramadan  

In Ramadan, Dr. Hamzah returned from Kabul and told us of his need for Mujahid doctors, saying that he personally would be responsible for their schooling, and that they would be a group saved from the Hellfire. I spoke in the mosque about this precious need, and I hit a nerve in Abu Tayyib. Consequently, Dr. Hamzah was able to persuade him and send him to Kabul. On Eid-ul-Fitr, Abul-Hasan Al-Madani returned from Kabul and informed me of the arrival of some Arab brothers. He said that he noticed from amongst them a particular youth, who appeared sincere, and had some traits of leadership. So he trained him to be the Commander of one group, without ever having known him prior to his arrival in Kabul.

To Shokhdara  

He landed in Shokdara with Abu Ali Al-Maaliki, and decided to remain there. The battlefield grew more intense, and the quiet lull became into the vehement roar of the Mujahideen and the enemy aeroplanes, whose roar resounded night and day close to Kabul. The Mujahideen withdrew from At-Tiba where Abu Ali resided, after which nobody remained there except Abu Ali and five of his Arab brothers, such that if they also left, Kryzmyr would fall into the hands of Allah’s enemies. So they promised themselves not to leave the place, until their bodies were ripped open. The situation here also pleased Abu Tayyib, and he found his soul in the flames of love, and it was here that he saw, on the extent of his hope, a peaceful resting-place. 

His sense is apparent in many forms,
Among men, sometimes like water, or a mirage. 
And his envier may call him a mad man, 
If the swords were to meet, but some minds are lame.

The Account of Muhammad Al-Mushtaq, the best friend of Abu Tayyib  

After the Isha prayer on the evening of 29 June 1989, his friend and life-long companion, Muhammad Al-Mushtaq Al-Maghribi, came to me and asked me in wonder: “Did Abu Tayyib pass away?” I answered perplexed, “Who sent you here?” He replied, “An Algerian brother coming from Peshawar heard Taqi-ud-Din Al-Jazai’ree, who was returning from Shokhdara, talking about it.” So I said to him, "Ask Abul-Hasan al-Madani, he is in the control room.” He went to the control room and there was Muhammad Al-Mushtaq, in the dark of the night, unable to find an expression of grief other than tears which smothered his face. Through the tears he called to the soul of his brother, Abu Tayyib, who had accompanied him on the journey from Morocco to America to Sada. May Allah (SWT) have Mercy of his soul and may he unite us with him amongst the pious. 

And thus Abu Tayyib came to pass, and his peaceful death came only after he had proved himself as a falcon, an impassioned lion. With a flash he was gone, and we missed him being amongst us, after we achieved with his fighting what others didn’t achieve with their cries, shouting and speech. 

Muhammad Al-Mushtaq, his beloved brother and life-long friend wrote about him:

Hasan Walafee - Abu Tayyib - was born in the city of Fez on 3 March 1964. He was a youth who was brought up from a very young age on the love and servitude of the Religion. He used to fast on Mondays and Thursdays, and he would stand between Allah’s (SWT) two Hands during the last third of the night. The Witr prayer would never bypass him, and Allah’s Book would never leave his side, whether or not he was travelling. He would always receive his daily guidance from the Quran, whatever the circumstance, and he was, may Allah have Mercy on him, constant in the recitation of the morning and evening remembrances. He would never sleep, except in a state of purification, nor would he sleep except after reading Surah Al-Mulk (Surah 67), however tired he was. Sometimes sleep would conquer him, so he would take a nap before completing the recitation, but he would always defeat his sleep by waking up and finishing the Surah. 

He was a valiant youth who had no fear for the enemy. Islam and its Call were his life; they would never tire him or bore him. 

We were together in high school, where he would always deliver lectures on Islam and answer the scepticism of the Communists and the apostates, be they students or teachers. After he went to University, he refused to enter into the discipline of Islamic Studies because he saw that most of the students were Muslim. Instead, he entered the disciplines of philosophy and psychology, because most of the students, if not less than 99% of them, were atheists. He was able to give them the message of Islam, and he became a thorn in their throats. He played an effective role in the department, from which some of his teachers began to harbour feelings of hatred towards him, and fail him in his exams. He used to lie in ambush for the Communists and atheists, so when he heard talk of one of their lectures, he followed them and stopped them delivering it. 

He was, may Allah have Mercy on him, a possessor of extensive knowledge on Islamic and modern literary culture, and he was particularly fond of the books of Muhammad and Syed Qutb, especially “In the Shade of the Quran.” He also used to like the books of Fathi Yakan Al-Harakeeya, and loved the books of the pious predecessors, such as Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn-ul Qayyim. 

He was, may Allah have Mercy upon him, an active member of the Islamic Movement, and it was unusual to find him in a situation other than service to the group, whether it was calling people to Islam or educating people’s hearts before their minds. He occupied a place in everybody’s hearts wherever he travelled or resided; everyone who met him loved him at first sight. He had early connections with the Moroccan “Al-Islah” magazine. He also wrote a long treatise on Afghanistan - past and present. 

He wrote a moving, emotional letter to his mother revealing how close he was to Allah - Glory be to Him and how Exalted is He! We regard him thus and do not praise anyone above Allah. This applies to his high command of expression and his links with Islamic Culture - the revolutionary books. So we hope that Allah will shelter him with His Mercy and will make him an intercessor for us and for his mother and for his family on the Day of Judgement. He is the All-Hearing, All-Near and all-Responding. 

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 am

Shafeeq Ibrahim

Shafeeq Al-Madani from Madinah Al-Munawarrah, Arabian Peninsula. Killed defending against a Communist offensive near Jalalabad, Afghanistan, on 5 July 1989. Aged in his early twenties.

"...I would have left you to be gathered by Allah from the stomachs of beasts and the throats of birds" 

"Woe be to his mother, he would start a war if he had the men"  

Thus the heroes of the battlefield were killed, one after another and the lands of Jalalabad swallowed one lion after another. The pain crushed Abu Abdullah Usama's heart. Whenever he bade farewell to another of his children, a new bomb fell on his heart, tearing another piece of it, and leaving him to writhe in agony. Before being able to tend his wounded heart, a new arrow would inflict more wounds, so he would scrape off the scabs of the previous wounds which had barely healed. With every traveller to Allah, his silent demeanour would seem to say, "Are all the afflictions with me, every one of them? Then how did you arrive from the crowd? I was wounded deeply, so there does not remain a place for the wounds of arrows or swords." 

Abu Zhahab was killed, so Abu Abdullah Usama said to me: "I never mourned a soul as I mourned the soul of Abu Zhahab." Khalid followed Abu Zhahab, at which Abu Abdullah Usama said: "Nobody was as precious to me as Khalid, then Abdul-Mannan and Abdur-Rahman Al-Misri." 

As for Jalalabad, there the hands of fate seized the body of Abu Tariq Al-Ma'ribi, then they seized the body of Abu Qutaybah, which provoked plentiful tears. Death then drew upon Shafeeq, and thus the separation of love was a test of the soul's patience. As for Shafeeq, say of him what you please - of courage, fearlessness, patience, and endurance - for he was one of the youngest men to come to the Jihad in Afghanistan. 

His Arrival into Afghanistan

He came, the sixth of six students of a known scholar in Madinah Al-Munawarrah. Among these students were the Shuhadaa' (Martyrs) Abu Qutaybah and Khalid Al-Kurdi. They walked the thorny path of wearing shoes of insufferable thorns, and drinking the agonies of sorrow. I accompanied them on their journey for the first few days, and I would worry about them greatly, with the tenderness of their skin and the slenderness of their bodies. The matter at hand was above their captivity, and was a burden weighing heavily on their shoulders. All Praise be to Allah, the last thing one would imagine would be these men continuing their journey down this painful, bloody path, but they remained steadfast, and Allah granted them strength to persevere. These pillars of the towering building of Islam were lowered after a time, and we missed them dearly. 

Everyone has their excuses for abandoning the Jihad, but will they stand as justifications in front of Allah Ar-Rahman on the Day of Judgement? This is somewhat doubtful. 

At the Usama bin Zayd Training Camp

Asadullah, the commander of Usama bin Zayd Training Camp, was an eminent personality to many of the Arab brothers who came to the Jihad, both for his courage, and the running of his camp. Shafeeq went to him, along with some of his Arab brothers. A Communist invasion of the camp took place during their stay there, and the enemy entered into the very room which Shafeeq was in. It was a shear miracle that saved Shafeeq and Abu Hanifah from the enemy: Allah ordained for them to live. The following day, the Mujahideen wanted to reclaim the camp from the hands of Kufr. Shafeeq was one of these lions who attacked the enemy, along with Jal-ar-Rahman. The camp was reclaimed and Jal-ar-Rahman was martyred. Shafeeq travelled between the Jadoodiyah camps in Pakhtia and Kunar, then his father came to Afghanistan to take him back to Madinah, which he succeeded in doing. 

I visited to Madinah, and there I saw Shafeeq, working in the Haram (Holy Mosque) of Madinah. He took me on a tour of the Haram, but he didn't stay long; he seemed restless. He would inevitably return to Afghanistan, by any means possible, and he did so after a little while. After a while, Abu Abdullah Usama finally went to the Jihad and began constructing his Lion's Den: a task which initially faced many problems and obstacles. He collaborated with two people, Shafeeq and one other. The Lion's Den began to grow, day by day, but the bitter cold of the winter frost was too much for the brothers who bore it during their first year in Afghanistan, so I would worry about them greatly. 

The Battle of the Lion's Den, Jaji, 1987

Ramadhan 1987 CE (1407 AH), Allah decreed for this small Arab camp to face a vicious attack by both the Russians and Communists. Allah also decreed a victory for the Muslims, in which the Arab brothers played a major part - after that of Allahu (SWT). 
It is on the shoulders of these men that nations are built. Abul-Shaheed Al-Arhabi said: 
"I was in the battle. Everyone wanted to rest for a few moments because of the immense afflictions surrounding us, which were weighing down our souls. During this critical time, I saw Shafeeq with his slender body, carrying the mortars on his back to pitch in the direction of the enemy, so I said to myself: 'It is on the shoulders of these men that the Jihad is built,' after which I immediately corrected myself and said, 'Indeed, it is on the shoulders of these men that nations are built.'" 

Shafeeq Continues the Journey  

The journey continued, and the influx of Arab brothers increased, immediately after the Battle of the Lion's Den. Shafeeq continued to move from place to place, an anonymous soldier. Nobody spoke of him, and nobody knew him, except those who lived under the protection of Abu Abdullah. He worked in Khost, but when the volcanoes of Jalalabad erupted, he came to Jalalabad, and would only be seen in the foremost positions on which the hottest lines of fire fell. The men gradually began to fall, proudly, in this field of bravery, while Shafeeq continued his journey, awaiting his death. I did not find the verses of Abu Talib more befitting to an Arab martyr than Shafeeq: 

"Less distressed in calamities than an arrow,
And quicker to advance than a dart
The most honourable of the world's children, a lion you appear.
Like a sword, slicing through disaster,
Upholding the fighting all around,
Every sword, handled like a member of the family." 
I had written lines for another Arab brother Shaheed, but when word reached me of Shafeeq's martyrdom, I thought: "Shafeeq is more worthy of these verses."

The truth is that fear held no place in the lives of these youth who came to the Jihad as youngsters, grew up in the fire of hardship, and matured on the flames of its furnace. During his patrols, Shafeeq used to reach the positions close to the battlefield or a distance of 20m from Jalalabad so that he could listen to the speech of the soldiers. If poetry were spoken by one of their tongues, he would say: 

"Glory be to He who created me, what delight 
In what others regard as utmost pain 
Time is surprised at how I carry her tribulations, 
And at my body's patience with her shattering events."

The Martyrdom: 3rd Dhul-Hijjah 1409 (5 July 1989) 

The Communists wanted to approach the centre of the Arab brothers, so they seized the opportunity of Eid, when the Afghani brothers departed from the camp to spend Eid with their families. The disbeliveers took advantage of this and sent three armoured tanks on the main highway toward Khush Kanbad and Kryzkabar. The Mujahideen prepared their anti-tank rockets to attack the Russians, but were puzzled at the appearance of the Russian tanks in the hills. One of the brothers thus went forth with a 82mm gun, but it failed to fire, so Shafeeq took a 75mm rocket launcher and fired a round of missiles at the tanks, destroying some of them. The Russian vehicles were many in number, however, and were swiftly approaching. Shafeeq thus ushered to the other brothers to retreat whilst he held them off together with one other brother. Therefore, only these two remained fighting the tanks by themselves. 

A few moments later, one tank fired a round that landed on Shafeeq and scattered his limbs throughout the air. The Arab brothers retreated and Abu Ubaidah raided the magazines to attack the Russians once more. One other brother was injured. The Arabs tried to carry him to shelter, but the tanks by this time were very close, so the injured brother asked the others to leave him and try to save themselves. They retreated once more, and the enemy entered their station. However, during their stay, the Mujahideen did not allow them to sleep for three months - unable to rest, nor be settled. 

Thus Shafeeq was torn, for Allah to gather him from the throats of birds and the stomachs of beasts. As the Prophet (SAWS) said upon the death of Hamzah bin Abdul-Mutallib: 
"If it weren't for Saffiyah's sadness, I would have left you to be gathered by Allah from the stomachs of beasts and the throats of birds." 

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Fri May 25, 2012 4:33 am

Nasir Al-Jazairi

Dr. Nasir Al-Jazairi (Halwaji Ammar), from Algeria. Killed defending against a Communist Offensive against Shokhdara, Afghanistan, in 1989. 

The Doctor of Hearts and Bodies, The Preacher of the Valley 

"I think that the doctors will receive a heavy punishment on the Day of Judgement because of their absence from treating the wounded on the battlefield."  

His life long friend, Taqiudeen, was with him during his last moments in which he bid farewell to the world. They lived together in the Valley of Jihad (the Valley of Soofa in Afghanistan), and in the forest of lions. He graduated from high school and studied to be a laboratory technician. He then graduated from the Institute with his brother Abu Bashir Al-Jazairi. He worked in the Valley's hospital, and became brilliant in his field of specialisation. 

This seedling, which led a comfortable life in a sheltered environment, lived in the garden of Islamic dawah. It sprouted with the permission of its Lord, and ripened into the beautiful fruit with which Allah inspired the Islamic thinkers of this age. It touched the hands of youth and it guided them. Allah granted Sayyid's expressions beauty and magnificence, and his words encouraged this seedling throughout its life. Allah decreed for Sayyid to die in a tall, dignified manner, which blew life and soul into his words, and which penetrated the hearts of the children of the nation. This was also the case regarding the later Islamic writers who followed in his footsteps. 

Nasir was raised on the tables of these thinkers, and in the corner of his house there was a small library filled with their books. In the depths was a special place for the books on Seerah (Biography of the Prophet SAWS), and thus the Seerah was the subject of the lectures which he delivered in the mosque's study circles. He would comment on the events in the Seerah, and his explanation of them was such that his friends, such as Taqiudeen, would be full of admiration for him. Some brothers would display their admiration, to which Nasir would reply: "I seek Allah's Forgiveness." 

To the Land of Jihad

Nasir left the Valley in 1985 and headed for the Land of Jihad, leaving behind him a big hollow. But who would be a more beautiful and suitable man to fill this hollow than his brother Ali? Upon Nasir's arrival at the Land of Jihad, he worked as an assistant in his field of specialisation by the side of Dr. Salih Al-Libi. Then Nasir returned to Algeria and began frequenting the house of Dr. Salih's family there, out of love and loyalty towards him. 
Nasir returned to the Jihad for a second time, and he headed towards the Afghani valley of Soofa. There he began to devote himself to his work as a doctor, as there was a lack of doctors in Afghanistan at that time. After six months, Abul-Hassan Al-Madani assigned him to work in one of the hospitals, which pleased Nasir immensely. His joy increased upon the arrival of Taqiudeen and Jamaludeen, his beloved brothers. Jamaludeen was one of the youth whom Allah had guided through the efforts of Nasir. Nasir would say: "I don't know at which I should be more delighted: working in the hospital of the Mujahideen, or the arrival of Taqiudeen and Jamaludeen." 

It was only for three days. The souls had not been quenched of thirst, nor did the reunion relieve their yearning to meet again: 

" You returned to us, but our souls were not satisfied 
Yearning for you. Nor did our eyes become dry."

It was only for three days in which the teacher met his student, before the spinning mill of death seized the soul of Jamaludeen. This was in the same week in which Waseel - the Commander of the unit in Shokhdara - was martyred, leaving a deep sorrow in everyone's souls. Nasir's tongue would constantly remember him, not knowing that they would meet again after only a day or two, if Allah granted them both admission to Paradise, and their souls flew to the hearts of green birds.

The Promised Day came

The government troops headed for Shokhdara, and on the fourth day, the brothers prayed the dawn Fajr Prayer. As was their habit, they read the morning supplications followed by a portion of the Quran. Then, at 08:30 hrs, they received news of the troops' arrival, so the Mujahideen rushed to the mountain peaks. As for Nasir, he headed for the Wudu (Ablution) area. Taqiudeen tried to hurry him, but Nasir insisted on completing his Wudu before climbing to the shelter of the mountains. 

The mountains resounded with the cries of 'Allahu Akbar!' and 'La illaha illallah!', while the lions of Allah ensured that the enemy tasted the flames of the fire of this world before the flames of the Hellfire. The enemy began to retreat, defeated, taking with it its casualties of war. The shells of the Mujahideen had run out, so Nasir rushed with Taqiudeen to fetch some more. On the way to the ammunition store, while Taqiudeen was telling Nasir to move faster, a shell fell into the 1.5metre gap between the two of them. Taqiudeen turned his face away from the explosion and held his nose against the dust. After the dust settled, Taqiudeen turned back to look for Nasir. The shrapnel had penetrated his body, seriously wounding him. So Taqiudeen carried him to a cave and began to read Surah Yasin (Quran, Surah 36) over Nasir, while his veins gushed forth with pure, sinless blood. 

Before Taqiudeen was able to finish reciting the Surah for the third time, Nasir's soul ascended to its creator. It was witnessed and protested in favour of he who remained behind, who was searching the field but could find in it neither a preacher or a doctor, so he said - "With what will the scholars, preachers and doctors answer their Lord on the Day of Judgement concerning their absence from the Jihad in the way of Allah?" 

Nasir had sent me a message, asking me to send them a doctor or even some medicine, as he said: "A Christian woman came to attend to the wounded Mujahideen, but where are the Muslims?" 

Indeed, I heard the words of Abul-Junaid after returning from Faryab, where he saw the urgent need of doctors on the battlefield. He showed us a video of the legs of the wounded being cut by a wood-saw, and said: "This sawing is happening while the Mujahid is awake and conscious. You can perceive 10-20 people who died of pain while the doctor tried to saw their legs or hands." 

Abul-Junaid gave a message to the doctors about Jihad, while living through the crisis of their absence: "I think that the doctors will receive a heavy punishment on the Day of Judgement because of their absence from treating the wounded on the battlefield." 
Are the calls of the wounded heard by the tens of thousands of doctors in the Islamic world? You will find that some of these men in the government hospitals will not even work in their own countries without getting paid for every minute. 

"It is only those who listen (to the Message of the Prophet Muhammad(SAWS), will respond (benefit from it), but as for the dead (disbelievers), Allah will raise them up, then to Him will they be returned (for their recompense)." [Quran 6:36] 

And we hope that Allah - Glory be to Him and most Exalted is He - will accept the martyrdom of our brother NasIr and will gather us with him in the highest Paradise. 

SayfUlIslam

Post by SayfUlIslam » Fri May 25, 2012 12:26 pm

I would like to add this

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Sat May 26, 2012 4:23 am

Abu Abdullah Al-Ma'ribi

Abu Abdullah Al-Ma'ribi (Saalim Umar Saalim Al-Haddad), from Yemen. Killed during battles against the Communist Forces in Jalalabad, Afghanistan, in 1989. 

"I will carry my soul in my hand 
And I will throw it into the depths of death. 
Either it will be Life, which pleases the friend, 
Or Death, which angers the enemy."

In one of the districts of Mar'ib in North Yemen, Saalim was born in a house of knowledge, religion and manners. His father was one of the distinguished Islamic Preachers in his area, but the hand of death seized him leaving behind 15 people in a family looking for someone to support them and give them a mouthful of food. They could only find Saalim, so he had to support them, take matters firmly into his own hands, and take the concerns of his brothers and his family on his shoulders. 

Saalim began, with his brother Abu Saalim, to work hard in raising these lives, whatever the stamp of hardship or the manner of severity. Saalim and his brother heard about the Jihad, so Abu Saalim came to Afghanistan. I became acquainted with him in Sada, and Allah decreed for him to take part in the Lion's Den Operation of Ramadan in the year 1987 (1407 AH). And Allah killed the leader of the militia in the area through the hands of Abu Saalim - so the Mujahideen thought when they saw his body. 

As for Saalim, Allah honoured him in the Jihad for the fist time in the year 1987, then he returned to Yemen. However, after his return his soul remained dependent on this healing balm which it had tasted. He and his brothers used to take turns in going for the Jihad, and this family had gained the despatch of four of its lions to this cause. 

In Sha'baan of the year 1989 (1409 AH), Saalim returned to the Jihad, where the spinning mill of the war in Jalalabad was grinding the nerves and the spirits of the brothers, where the superior spears would ensnare the swords. Abu Saalim came and threw himself between the jaws of death, and he used to say: 

"I will carry my soul in my hand 
And I will throw it into the depths of death. 
Either it will be Life, which pleases the friend, 
Or Death, which angers the enemy."

He participated in the conquests of Farkand, the State of Zay, Qarnoosar and Sheenjar. Saalim sat in Qarnoosar behind the trigger of the DShK Heavy Machinegun, overlooking the 81st Division, which defended Jalalabad. The sky was ablaze with the heads of the nation, while the tankards of the enemy, and the bombs of their mortars, fired precipitatingly at the Arab brothers, showering on them a rain of missiles. All the while the Arabs repeated: 

"As though the skulls of heroes are in them, 
Their heads fall like pebbles in a place where pebbles are plenty, 
We rip upon the heads of the enemy, 
And we scythe their necks like blades of wet grass."

The Dream 

Abu Salih Muthanna Al-Mar'ibi reported: On 22nd Shawwal, Saalim awoke from his sleep in laughter and with joy on apparent on his face. Then he seized me by the collar and said: "Rejoice, for I will be a martyr insha-Allah." I replied: 
"Insha-Allah, in Palestine." He said: "No, here in Afghanistan." I saw my father wrestling me in jest, and he was happy for me. 
The bomb arrived which allowed the Angel of Death to take with it the souls of Saalim and Abu Qutayba As-Sooree (the apprentice carpenter). So Saalim departed to Allah - All Praise be to Him and how Exalted be He - after leaving a deep sorrow in the hearts of his brothers, because he had been granted martyrdom - according to what they believed - before them. Everyone had prayed that he would pass away in this manner, and we hope that Allah will gather us with him in the highest Paradise. 

Nisa

The Caravan Of Martyrs

Post by Nisa » Sun May 27, 2012 3:29 am

Jamaludeen Al-Jazairi

Jamaludeen Al-Jazairi (Rashid Al-Ghowli), from Algeria. Killed defending against a Communist Offensive against Shokhdara, Afghanistan, in 1989. 

"I saw Rasheed in a dream eating out of the hands of the Hoor Al-Ain (Paradise Maidens)"  

From the Valley of Jihad in Soofa, came our martyr, Rasheed, and within this Valley he flourished. He rose and marched forth with his contemporaries in the Islamic Movement. If the Jihad was not its first and foremost agenda, there would be no justification for the existence and Call of this movement. And what would the mighty preachers talk about other than swords, arrows and spears? 

But where was Rasheed to get the plane ticket? He was convinced of the obligation of Jihad through the feats of the fighters in Afghanistan which he had heard, and through the stories of the Salaf's (Pious Muslim Predecessors) amazing bravery and character. 

The only option open to Rasheed, whether he liked it or not, was to leave his education and work, so that he could save the fruits of his honest labour and the sweat on his brow to buy a ticket. The fulfilment of his duty would only be complete with the ticket, so obtaining the ticket, in effect, became a duty itself. And if the Jihad would only be complete with his advancement to Afghanistan, the struggle to buy a ticket was now a Fard (obligation). 
He travelled from Algeria to Turkey to try again to attain a visa for Pakistan, but his request was rejected, so he lost hope in Turkey as a means of obtaining his visa. From Turkey, he travelled to Syria, and after much ado Allah ordained for him to obtain the visa there. 

Upon reaching Pakistan, he headed for the camp of Khalid bin Waleed, where he received military training, after which he travelled to Khost, then to Nangarhar and Jalalabad. There he was responsible for firing the heavy artillery. The Afghans loved him dearly, and the Afghani Commander entrusted him with tracking down fugitives. Thus, his repute spread like wildfire among Allah's enemies until there resided a fear of him in all their hearts 
One day, the roar of the cannons reached Rasheed's room, causing two of its walls to cave on top of him. He was afflicted with light wounds, so he went to have them treated in Shokhdara, accompanied by Taqiudeen. There, Jamaludeen had a passionate reunion with his teacher, Dr. Nasir Al-Jazairi, after a long absence from one another. 

They spent three days together, which passed like the blink of an eye. On the third day, the enemy tankards came to storm the locality in which the Arab brothers resided. Jamaludeen drew his weapon, and aimed a rocket grenade in the direction of an approaching armoured vehicle, and the 'Allahu Akbar!' chanted by the Arabs echoed throughout the clouds in the sky. The disbeliveers were defeated, and the victory chants could be heard from all directions. As the disbeliveers began to retreat, leaving behind their wounded, Taqiudeen went to collect some more shells. Upon his return, in the beautiful fragrance of victory, Taqiudeen asked about Jamaludeen and Uthman Al-Yemeni. The Afgans replied that they had ascended to the refuge of the mountain peaks, so Taqiudeen followed, that he may see them. All of a sudden, he heard the yell of an Afghani brother: "Shaheed! Shaheed!" 

Taqiudeen asked for an explanation of this strange cry, so the brother replied: "Two of the Arabs have been martyred." Taqiudeen proceeded to the location of the martyrdom, and there lay Jamaludeen, enshrouded. He had reached his Lord, and there he rested, leaving behind him sorrow in the depths of the hearts of those who loved him. The martyrs were carried to the Graveyard of the Martyrs, and Rasheed was buried by the side of Ahmad Al-Jazairi and the Commander, Waseel. These graves remain as permanent witness to the battle of Afghanistan being a Battle of Faith, and to the Arabs being a part of the history of modern Islamic Afghanistan. That the Arab brothers are righteous bricks who reserved their place in the castle of the Islamic Empire, which will be built in Kabul insha-Allah. 

Glad tidings from the tongue of Abu Muhammad al-Jazairi  

Abu Muhammad was injured with Rasheed by the same shell. He received shrapnel injuries to his head, and was thus moved to the hospital in Peshawar. He lost consciousness temporarily, due to the severity of his pains. After regaining conciousness he said: "I saw Rasheed in a dream eating out of the hands of the Hoor Al-Ain (Paradise Maidens)."