I'm American-- I seek answers from True Muslims

Questions related to Islam.
Truthspeaker

I'm American-- I seek answers from True Muslims

Post by Truthspeaker » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:45 am

I am a student in the US doing a paper on the purpose of life and I need some answers from a true Muslim. Would you kindly enlighten me with answers to the following:

1. What is the purpose of life?
2. If your answer to question 1 is universal for all living things, then why do you believe this way?
3. If your answer to question 1 depends on the individual or species of life, please explain why?
4. If you do not know the answer to question 1, is it important for you to know? If yes or no, why?
5. Are there more purposes in life than one? Please explain.
6. How have you come to your conclusion on this answer?
7. Where did you learn of your belief on the purpose of life?
8. Which person, living or dead, has influenced you the most to believe the way you do?
9. What is your belief on the purpose of life for humans compared to all other living things?
10. What advice would you give to help others seeking the purpose of life?
11. What, if anything, could be more valuable than knowing the purpose of life in its entirety?

Fikar

Re: I'm American-- I seek answers from True Muslims

Post by Fikar » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Okay your answer will be furnished by So Called Muslim.

Answer for all question is
" TO PLEASE ALLAH" Purpose of life.
If u understand this ur life become easy.

Aiooshii

Post by Aiooshii » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Allah swt created us.
He has given us an oppourtunity to not only have an extrodinary life in this dunya (worldly life) but also a chance to go to Jannah (paradise)
So to show him gratitiude, which by doing so is also helping ourselves is what I would call a purpose in life or atleast a goal. but Allah swt is all knowing, not us.
Perhaps our purpose in life is to help someone or change something. If you are talking about this wordly life and why Allah swt has given us this life, only he knows.
Worshiping Allah is something every single living creature does, even animals. Even jin.
Why do I believe this way? Because Allah swt has told us so. It is everything natural disposition to worship its creator. To do otherwise is un-natural and caused by outward influences.
Is it important to know the purpose of life? Personally I would say no. Because my uncle ( a non muslim) asked me that exact question, and I didn't know how to answer it. But I still knew I had to worship Allah swt, to do good deeds, take care of what was intrusted to me etc,etc. I knew these things before I was muslim. even when I was a child I knew this. So it is more important to know you need to do these things, and why you need to do them, than to know if this is the purpose of life.
Every true muslim learns everything of importance from Quran and Hadith.
The Prophet Mohammed s.a.w has influenced me the most and Insha Allah everyone else too.
My advice, open your ears and your eyes. then Insha Allah your heart will open too.

zaMmzaMm

Post by zaMmzaMm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

I am happy that you took the initiative to seek your answers from people who actually are Muslim and try to live the life that the Quran directs mankind to live. I guess this is what you mean by 'true muslim'. But I must say that this phrase and also 'so called Muslim' and phrases that do not have a place in the vocabulary of Islam. To use it by some it would mean to doubt or question the faith of others when we initially are directed to have concern about ourselves initially.

As to your questions...

I am a student in the US doing a paper on the purpose of life and I need some answers from a true Muslim. Would you kindly enlighten me with answers to the following:

1. What is the purpose of life?
The purpose of life is to worship Allah.
“And I did not create .. mankind except to worship Me.” [Quran 51:56]
By this we would make Allah's word and religion uppermost in our lives.
“O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion)” [Quran 2:208]
But also in Islam there is not one form of worship, like the person who is in the masjid (mosque) praying or the person who is fasting. But even with the proper intention going to work 9-5 every day can be an act of worship because the person would be fulfilling the commandment of Allah.
“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women…” [Quran 4:34]
2. If your answer to question 1 is universal for all living things, then why do you believe this way?
The call to worship one God, the true God, the creator of the universe and the giver of life.. alone.. is a call for all mankind to observe. And it is actually something that the creatures and creation of Allah answer and obey.
“Do you not see that Allah is exalted by whomever is within the heavens and the earth and [by] the birds with wings spread [in flight]? Each [of them] has known his [means of] prayer and exalting [Him], and Allah is Knowing of what they do.” [Quran 24:41]
3. If your answer to question 1 depends on the individual or species of life, please explain why?

4. If you do not know the answer to question 1, is it important for you to know? If yes or no, why?
5. Are there more purposes in life than one? Please explain.
To add to the answer in number one.. a lot more can be said about it from the Islamic point of view to show that the purpose is not to simply be in the actual act of prayer.. but it is to obey Allah, worship Allah alone, and follow the commands. Even if someone were to imagine that they would pray all day. They would likely pray in a masjid (mosque). The mosque has to be built by someone. The material in the Masjid has to be manufactured by someone. Someone has to pay for the Masjid. Someone has to refine the oil used in the vehicles to transport and help build the Masjid. With the intention to serve Allah all of the people who helped build the Masjid, in actual effort and by their distant support by various means and avenues by which the masjid was completed, have actually worshipped God. So too studying for a degree so that you can be an engineer to design a masjid.. or refine oil.. etc.
6. How have you come to your conclusion on this answer?
Muslims come to this conclusion by what Allah revealed in the Quran and what the last of the Prophet and Messengers gave to us as a living example.
7. Where did you learn of your belief on the purpose of life?
I learned from Islamic Books, the local Islamic Centers and lectures given by students of knowledge and scholars of Islam.
8. Which person, living or dead, has influenced you the most to believe the way you do?
Prophet Muhammad, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.
9. What is your belief on the purpose of life for humans compared to all other living things?
Our job is to treat them well. Use them in the manners which are allowed by God. Don’t harm them and realize they have a place in the universe as well.
"There is not an animal that lives on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but they form communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they all shall be gathered to their Lord in the end" (Quran 6:38).
The Prophet Muhammad, peace and prayers be upon him said, "Do not use the backs of your animals as chairs. Allah has made them subject to you, so that by them you can reach places that you would not otherwise be able to reach except with great fatigue." (Abu Dawud collection of Hadith)
10. What advice would you give to help others seeking the purpose of life?
Learn what Islam has to offer in regards to this question and life’s quests.
11. What, if anything, could be more valuable than knowing the purpose of life in its entirety?
nothing