What is Islam, Purpose for Human Creation and Death.

Questions related to Islam.
_SnoW_

What is Islam, Purpose for Human Creation and Death.

Post by _SnoW_ » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Selamun Aleykum,

Often when I meet a nonmuslim, these are the primary questions they ask me.
"What does Islam mean, Why are we created and Death."

Just to make it easy and quick for those that are just going through this.

Islam:
Its a complete way of life. It is the guidance provided by Allah, the Creator of the Universe, for all mankind. It covers the things people do in their lifetime. Islam tells us the purpose of our creation, our final destiny and our place among other creatures. It shows us the best way to conduct our private, social, political, economic, moral and spiritual affairs.
Islam is an ARabic word which means submission and obedience. Submission is acceptance of Allah's commands. (Allah also another arabic word, is the proper name of God). Obedience means putting Allah"s command into practice.

Purpose of Human Creation:
Allah, the Almighty, created human beings to do His bidding and to obey His commands. Allah says in the Quran, His final revelation to Mankind: "I have not created Jinn and mankind (for any other purpose) except to worship me."(51:56) 'Worship' in this verse means total obedience to Allah's commands, (arabic word ibadah).

Death: Death is a natural event for all living things. It comes to every one of us. We will all die.
The Quran says: "Everyone shall have to die." (3:185). Death brings an end to our temporary life on this earth. IT is an occasion of sorrow and grief for the loved ones of the deceased. Islams asks us to not forget that death can arrive at any time. Only Allah knows when his servants will die. Death may end our human life but it does not put an end to our soul. The soul is taken away by the angel (izrail or Azrail) to Allah, in arabic death angel is called "Malakul Mawt".

There are many and many more questions when it comes to islam. For me these were ones that came often.

BasheeR

Re: What is Islam, Purpose for Human Creation and Death.

Post by BasheeR » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Jazakum Allah khayr for the post, i just have a few corrections:

The name of the angel of death has not been confirmed to be izrail it is from israelite things as mentioned in the explanation of al aqeeda al tahawiyah page 72.

as for the explanation of islam , surely it is obedience but the hadith below clarifies it best:

Narrated Abu Huraira: One day while the Prophet salla Allah alayhi wa sallam was sitting in the company of some people, (The angel) Gabriel came and asked, "What is faith?" Allah's Apostle replied, 'Faith is to believe in Allah, His angels, (the) meeting with Him, His Apostles, and to believe in Resurrection." Then he further asked, "What is Islam?" Allah's Apostle replied, "To worship Allah Alone and none else, to offer prayers perfectly to pay the compulsory charity (Zakat) and to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan." Then he further asked, "What is Ihsan (perfection)?" Allah's Apostle replied, "To worship Allah as if you see Him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is looking at you." Then he further asked, "When will the Hour be established?" Allah's Apostle replied, "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about its portents.
1. When a slave (lady) gives birth to her master.
2. When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah.
The Prophet then recited: "Verily, with Allah (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour--." (31. 34) Then that man (Gabriel) left and the Prophet asked his companions to call him back, but they could not see him. Then the Prophet said, "That was Gabriel who came to teach the people their religion." Abu 'Abdullah said: He (the Prophet) considered all that as a part of faith.

Narrated by bukhari & Muslim.

Jazakum Allah khayr again

Truthspeaker

Re: What is Islam, Purpose for Human Creation and Death.

Post by Truthspeaker » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:41 am

Hello,

I am a student in the US doing a paper on the purpose of life and I need some answers from a true Muslim. Would you kindly enlighten me with answers to the following:

1. What is the purpose of life?
2. If your answer to question 1 is universal for all living things, then why do you believe this way?
3. If your answer to question 1 depends on the individual or species of life, please explain why?
4. If you do not know the answer to question 1, is it important for you to know? If yes or no, why?
5. Are there more purposes in life than one? Please explain.
6. How have you come to your conclusion on this answer?
7. Where did you learn of your belief on the purpose of life?
8. Which person, living or dead, has influenced you the most to believe the way you do?
9. What is your belief on the purpose of life for humans compared to all other living things?
10. What advice would you give to help others seeking the purpose of life?
11. What, if anything, could be more valuable than knowing the purpose of life in its entirety?