Quran Scientific Miracles Debunked?

Discuss about the science of Allah's creation.
anotherbrother

Quran Scientific Miracles Debunked?

Post by anotherbrother » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:18 am

Assalamowalaikum wa rahmutallahi wa barakatu. Let me give a background story of myself I guess. I am 14, and throughout my entire life i just had the name "Muslim" I was not actually one. Recently I've started to take Islam really seriously, but with no local masjid and no one to talk to, my only source of information was my internet. Which we all know can lead to... falsehood and such. But anyways, I was browsing through youtube and i saw these set of videos... named "Quranic Scientific Miracles Debunked" By Theislammiracle.
Since you can say im kinda "new" to Islam, im really fragile on the topic. So i feel a sense of anxiety and concern. With questions like "How can they debunk it? It's impossible" I really haven't watched any of the videos.
What I'm wondering is.. Are these just misconceptions from translations?
And is there any miracle from the quran beside the science, history, math. There has to be because 1400 years ago the Muslims then wouldn't have known about these scientific knowledge.

Jazakallahu kheyran.

Nisa

Re: Quran Scientific Miracles Debunked?

Post by Nisa » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:09 am

Wa Alaikumusalam Warahamtullahi Wabarakatuh

Yes, these are misconceptions and misinterpretations of the translations. Yes, this is a propaganda to defame and ridicule Islam and Muslims and quite frankly, in my opinion, a waste of time.

To Answer your question as to how they can “debunk it”... well, Allah T’Ala says in the Quran:

“If it had been from other than Allah, surely they would have found in it much inconsistencies”(4:82)

The Quran is the Miracle of Miracles itself!!! Everything from Science, Human Creation and even Medical references are mentioned in the Quran.
Should we really be looking for any other Miracle???

Allah T’Ala says:

“If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Quran, they would never produce its like, not though they backed one another.” (17:88)

The Quran indeed is a blessing, and blessing is a characteristic of the Qur'an, but not the sole purpose of revelation. The purpose of revelation is so that "its verses will be contemplated and acted upon."!!!

Allah T'Ala says:

“And this is a Book We have sent down and blesses, so follow it and have fear of Allah so that hopefully you will gain mercy.” (6:155).

At the end, I’d like to add, that a Muslim is submissive to Allah’s commands even if the underlying wisdom is not yet revealed.
As it says in the Quran: "The only statement of the [true] believers when they are called to Allah and His Messenger to judge between them is that they say, "We hear and we obey." And those are the successful". (24: 51)

Hope I have helped, as opposed to confusing you further!!! :)

Nisa Abdul-Qayum
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216

TheAtheist

Re: Quran Scientific Miracles Debunked?

Post by TheAtheist » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:41 am

There are no miracles in the Quran.
All predictions can be found to be either false or have been known since ancient times.

for example
the Qur'an states that the earth is round like an ostrich egg.
This has been known by sailors for millenium as they saw sailing ships disappear over the horizon.

That an embryo is like a worm -
this has also been known ever since women have had abortions and misscarriages.

The universe was created out of nothing -
science does not know how it was created but creating something out of nothing would be against physical laws.

and so on.