Juzz Rafa al-Yadain fi as-Salah

Share, share and share. Knowledge is good for the soul and we're asked for it.
Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

(Section on Raising the Hands in the Prayer)
Author: Ameerul Mu’mineen in Hadith, Imam Muhammad bin Isma’eel al-Bukhari (rahimahullah)
Tahqeeq and Takhreej done by----Shaikh Zubair Ali Zai
Preface (Muqaddimah)

All Praise is due to Allah. We praise Him, and seek His help and forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah, Most high, from the evils of our own selves and from our wicked deeds. Whomever Allah guides cannot be misguided, and whomever He leads astray cannot be guided. I testify that there is no true God worthy of being worshipped expect Allah, alone, without partner or associate. I further testify that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger (sallallahu alaihi Wasallam). May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him.

To proceed:

Verily, the best of speech is the Book of Allah, and the best of guidance is that of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi Wasillam) and the evil of all matters is the innovation. Every innovation is a bid'ah, and every bid'ah is a misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Fire.

In the religion of Islam after declaring the shahadah, the second most important pillar is the Salaah (prayer). Whenever the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) used to pray, He used to raise both his hands up to his ears or shoulders during the first takbeer, before ruku’ and after ruku, as is proven from the Mutawaatir ahadith. In common language, it is called “Rafa Yadain”.

The following Sahabas have reported doing rafa yadain:

1) Abdullah bin Umar----- (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and Juz Rafa yadain)
2) Maalik bin Huwayrath----- (Sahih Bukhari, Muslim and Juz)
3) Waa’il bin Hujr----- (Muslim and Juz)
4) Abu Humaid as-Saaidi----- (Sahih Ibn Hibban etc and Juz)
5) Abu Qatadah----- (Juz)
6) Sahl bin Sa’d----- (Juz)
7) Abu Aseed as-Saa’idi----- (Juz)
8) Muhammad bin Muslimah----- (Juz)
9) Abu Bakr Siddique----- (Sunan al-Kubra lil Baihaqi 73/2)
10) Umar bin Khatab----- (Al-Khalafiaat lil BaihaqI)
11) Ali bin Abi Talib----- (Juz)
12) Abu Hurairah----- (Sahih ibn Khuzaymah 694, 698)
13) Abu Moosa al-Asha’ri----- (Ad-Daraqutni 292/1)
14) Abdullah bin Zubair----- (Sunan al-Kubra by Baihqi 73/2)
15) Jabir bin Abdullah al-Ansari----- (Sunan ibn Maja: 868 and Musnad al-siraaj: 92)
16) Anas bin Malik----- (Musnad Abu Ya’la: 3793, and Juz)

Imam Astakhri, Hafidh Suyooti, Ashraf Ali Thanwi Deobandi and others have affirmed to it, that every hadith that is reported from atleast ten narrators (Sahabas) is Mutawatir (See: Tadreeb al-Raawi 177/2, Kataf al-azhaar al-mutnathirah pg 21, Bawader al-nawader pg 136).

The books written on Mutawatir ahadith, mention especially the rafa yadain of before and after ruku’ to be mutawatir in them. (See: Nazm al-Mutnathir min al-Hadith al-Mutawatir 96, 97 etc)

The scholars who have declared the above mentioned rafa yadain to be Mutawatir, the name of some among those people of knowledge are as follows:

Al-Katani, Ibn al-Jawzi, Ibn Hajr, Zikriya al-Ansari, Al-Zubaydi and others. (See: Noorul Ainain pg 89, 90)

On the issue of rafa yadain in salaah, many scholars have written books and articles, for example:

1) Muhammad bin Nasr al-Marwazi’s book, “Kitaab Rafa yadain”.
2) Abu Bakr al-Bazzar
3) Abu Nai’m al-Asbahani, “Kitaab Rafa yadain fi salaah”
4) Taqi ud-Deen as-Subki, He wrote a risala on rafa yadain.
5) Ibn al-Qayyim.

Among them the most prominent is this book of Imam Bukhari, “Juz Rafa Yadain”.

It is my (i.e: Shaikh Zubair) fortunity that I found the best nuskha of Juz Rafa Yadain in the library of my teacher Shaikh Badee’ ud-Deen Shah Rashdi Sindhi (rahimahullah), which is a photostate of the Nuskha Zahriya. I did its Tahqeeq, Takhreej, and Translation by holding this Nuskha to be real.

[Continue in next post InshAllah]
وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ قَوْلاً مِّمَّن دَعَا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحاً وَقَالَ إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims."

Fundamental

Re: Juzz Rafa al-Yadain fi as-Salah

Post by Fundamental » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

The Narrators of this Nuskha (Version)

A specialty of this Nuskha is that, from the copyist to Imam Bukhari, the whole chain is written in the beginning. From the ending words of the book, we come to know that, the one who says these words “Akhbarna Shaikh Al-Imam Al-Allama Al-Hafidh Al-Muttaqan baqiyah al-Salaf Zain ud-Deen Abul-Fadhal Abdurraheem bin al-Husain ibn Al-Iraqi….” is none other than Hafidh ibn Hajr al-Asqalani. Now here we present a brief and succinct introduction to the narrators of this Nuskha:

1) Hafidh Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani “Al-Shafi’I, Al-Imam, Al-Allama, Al-Hafidh, Incomparabale of his time, Pride of the Period, Baqiyatul Huffaz, Ilm al-Aimmatul A’laam, The Best among the Muhaqqiqeen, The seal of Huffaz….” (Lakht al-alhaz by Ibn Fahd al-Hashmi al-Makki, Pg 326)

He was born in 773 H and died in 852 H. He is the author of the great books like: Tahdheeb at-Tahdheeb, Taqreeb at-Tahdeeb, Lisaan al-Mizaan, Fath ul-Bari, Tabaqatul Mudalliseen, and Taghleeq al-Ta’leeq etc, and is on the top list of the Siqqah and Muttaqan Scholars.

Here, let me tell you just as a note that, the title of Hanbali, Maliki, Shafii’I, and Hanafi etc with some of the names of the scholars does not mean at all that, those scholars are counted among the Muqallideen. It is narrated from many such scholars who are called Shafi’is that:

“We are not the Muqallideen of (Imam) Shafi’I, rather (just) our (most of the) opinions match with their opinions.”
[Refs: Taqriraat al-Rafa’I Vol: 1 Pg: 11, Al-Taheer wal Taqreer: Vol:3 Pg: 453, and Al-Nafi’ al-Kabeer Pg:7]

This is also known to common people that Taqleed is without evidence. It is written in one of the reliable books of Deobandis “Al-Qamoos al-Waheed” that:

“Al-Taqleed (def): Following or copying someone blindly without thinking or without evidence” (Pg 1346)

“Qallidu Fulanan: To do Taqleed, Following without evidence, following someone blindly, To Copy someone, like “Qallid al-Qard al-Insaan” like: A Monkey did Taqleed of a Human. (Same book Pg 346)

Ashraf Ali Thanwi said:

“Taqleed is to accept the saying of an ummati without any eivdence. [Ref: Malfozaat Hakeem al-Ummat, Vol 3, Pg 59]

So, we came to know that this is the Taqleed which is condemned by Hafidh ibn Hajr, so there remains no question that He was the Muqallid of Imam Shafi’I. He has opposed Imam Shafi’I in many issues, for example: Imam Shafi’I used to consider “Ibraheem bin Muhammad bin Abi Yahya al-Aslama” to be Siqqah (Truthful and Trustworthy), while Hafidh Ibn Hajr, in his book, “Taqreeb at-Tahdheeb” wrote him as a “Matrook” (Rejected).

Books of the Tabaqaat, meaning someone’s name being in the Tabaqaat ash-Shafiyah, are not an evidence of him being a Muqallid. Infact, even Imam Shafi’I has been added in the Tabaqaat al-Maalikiya and Tabaqaat al-Hanbaliyah, and Imam Ahmed has been added in Tabaqaat ash-Shafiya, and Dawud az-Zaahiri too in Tabaqaat ash-Shafiya [see: Tanqeed as-Sadeed by Shaikh Badee’ ud-deen shah rashdi sidhi], When infact, they all were Mujtahideen; no one among them was a Muqallid. It should be kept in mind that there is no reliable book called “Tabaqaat al-Muqallideen” present on earth, rather on the contrary, there are books like “Al-Aizaah fi radd alal Muqallideen” by Imam Qurtubi [See: Seer al-A’laam al-Nabula] (A book on the refutation of Muqallideen).

2) The second narrator is Hafidh Abu al-Fadhal Al-Iraaqi, born in 725 H, and died in 806 H. He is the author of some very beneficial books like: “Al-Alfiya fi Mustalah al-Hadith”, “Al-Tanqeed wal Aizaah Sharh Muqaddimah ibn as-Salah” and “Al-Mughni ‘an Hamal al-Asfaar fil Asfaar” etc.

Hafidh ibn Fahd said about him:

“Al-Imam, The unique Allamah, Al-Hujja, Al-Habar al-Naqid, The Umdah creation, Hafidh al-Islam, Unique of his time, The only one in his era, Outclassed in memorization, and The Master of his time.” [Ref: Lahz al-Alhaz, Pg 220]

3) Hafidh Noor ud-Deen al-Haithami, born in 735 H, and died in 807 H.
He is the author of some beneficial books like: Majma’ az-Zawaid, Mawarid ul-Zamaan, and Kashf al-Astaar etc.

Hafidh Ibn Hajr said about him:

“He is good, silent, famous, having sound state of nature (saleem fitrah), very strict in forbidding what is wrong, (and) never leaves the Qiyaam al-Layl.” [Tabqaat al-Huffaz lil Dhahabi].

4) Sayyidah Hafidhah Umm Muhammad Sat Al-Arab bint Muhammad died in 767 H.
Hafidh Ibn Hajr said about her:

حفيدة الفخر ابن البخاری، احضرت عليہ فکان عند من حديثہ من الکتب الطوال
والاجزاء شئ کثير وحدثت وطال عمرها، اخذ عنها شيخنا العراقی۔۔۔۔(الدررالکامنہ
(2/127
(2/ ”محدثۃ ذات صلاح وعبادة" (اعلام النساء 159

5) Imam Fakhr ud-Deen Ibn Al-Bukhari, born in 595 H, and died in 690 H. Hafidh Dhahabi said:

“ کان فقيهاً عالماً اديباً فاضلاً، کامل العقل، متين الورع، مرکماً للمحدثين"
(معجم الشيوخ 132 ت 512

6) Al-Shaikh Umar bin Muhammad bin Tabarzad, Born in 516 H, died in 607 H. Some people have criticized him due to him being lazy in the matters of deen, but Hafidh Ibn Nuqtah said:

هو مکثر، صحيح السماع، ثقہ فالحديث
[Ref: Al-Tanqeed Lima’rifat Rawat al-Sunan wal masanid, Pg 397]

7) Al-Shaikh Ahmad bin Al-Hasan bin al-Bana, Born in 445 H, and died in 527 H. Hafiz Ibn al-Jawzi said about him:
“Wakana Siqqah” (He is Reliable).
[Ref: Al-Muntazam fi Tarikh al-Malook walkman (278/17)]
[Continue Next Post InshAllah]
وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ قَوْلاً مِّمَّن دَعَا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحاً وَقَالَ إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims."

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

8) Al-Shaikh Muhammad bin Ahmad bin Hasnoon al-Narsi, Born in 367 H, and died in 456 H. About him Hafidh Khtaeeb al-Baghdadi said:

کتبنا عنہ وکان صدوکاً ثقہ، من اهل القران، حسن اللعتقاد
[Ref: Taarikh Baghdad 356/1]

9) Al-Shaikh Muhammad bin Ahmed bin Moosa al-Malahmi, Born in 312 H, and died in 395 H. About Hafidh Dhahabi wrote:

کان ثقہ، يحفظ ويفهم
[Ref: Al-Abar fi Khabar min Ghabar 187/2]

10) Mahmood bin Ishaaq al-Khaza’I, died in 332 H. He had three students.

I) Al-Malahmi.
Ii) Ahmed bin Muhammad Al-Husain Al-Raazi.
Iii) Ahmed bin Ali bin Umro al-Sulaimani.

Hafidh Ibn Hajr has graded one of the ahadith narrated from him to be Hasan.
[Ref: Al-Mawafiqah al-Khabar Al-Khabarfi Takhreej ahadith al-Mukhtasir 417/1]

The authentication of a narration as Sahih or Hasan is the authentication of all its narrators in the chain, see Nasb ur-Raya by Zaylai (9264/3, 149/1) etc.

Therefore, According to Hafidh Ibn Hajr, Mahmood bin Ishaaq is Siqqah, Suduq, and Hasanul Hadiith, and it should be kept in mind that no one said that Mahmood is Majhul. The saying of some Liars from 14th and 15th century declaring Mahmood to be a Majhul is rejected. Walhamdulillah.

11) Shaikh ul-Islam, Al-Imam Al-Faqeeh, Al-Mujtahid, Al-Muhaddith, Abu Abdullah Al-Bukhari, born in 194 H, and died in 256 H. He is the author of some great and beneficial books like: Sahih Bukhari, Al-Taarikh al-Kabeer, Kitaab ad-Du’fa, etc. The decision of all the scholars about him is that:

امير المؤمنين فی الحديث وراس المحدثين فی القديم والحديث واستاذ الحفاظ الذی
اجمعت الائمۃ شرقاً وغرقاً علی توثيقہ وامانتہ وضبطہ وصيانتہ

The student of his Student, Hafidh Ibn Hibban, has given the testimony that:

كان من خيار الناس ممن جمع وصنف ورحل وحفظ وذاكر وحث عليه، وكثرت
عنايته بالأخبار وحفظه للآثار مع علمه بالتاريخ ومعرفة أيام الناس، ولزوم الورع
الخفى والعبادة الدائمة إلى أن مات رحمه الله

Imam Abu Esa al-Tirmidhi said:

ولم أر أحدا بالعراق ولا بخراسان في معنى العلل والتاريخ ومعرفة الأسانيد أعلم
من محمد بن إسماعيل

Meaning like Imam Bukhari, for more details see the book “Al-Asaneed al-Sahihah fi Akhbar al-Imam Abi Hanifah, Pg 270.

From this Tahqeeq, we came to know that, the Chain of “Juz Rafa Yadain” up to Imam Bukhari is absolutely Sahih and Proven.

[Continue in next Post InshAllah]

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Explanation of the Tahqeeq

1) The author has declared the Nuskha Zaahiriya to be the real one, because this is the most authentic and proven Nuskha. Ibn al-Salaah has put the following condition to copy from a Nuskha:

وهو ان يکون ناقل النسخۃ من اللصل غير سقيم للنقل، بل صحيح النقل قليل السقظ

“And that the copyist of the real Nuskha, should not be the one who copies wrongly, rather he should be the one who copies correctly, and makes the least mistakes. [Ref: Uloom ul-Hadith/ Muqaddimah Ibn al-Salah Pg 303]

2) Some phrases have been corrected by looking at another Nuskha.
3) All the Ahadith have been classified, based on their Strong-ness and Weakness.
4) A Brief, and concise Takhreej of the ahadith have also been done.

[Continue in Next Post InshAllah]

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

اخبرنا الشيخ الامام العلامہ الحافظ المتقن بقيۃ السلف زين الدين
ابوالفضل عبدرحيم بن الحسين ابن العراقی والشيخ الامام الحافظ
نورالدين علی بن ابی بکر الهيثمی بقراء تی عليهما قال: اخبرتنا
الشيخۃ الصالحۃ ام محمد ست العرب بنت محمد بن علی ابن احمد
بن الواحد ابن البخاری، قالت: جدی الشيخ فخرالدين ابن البخاری
قراءة عليها و انا حاضرة، واجازة لما يرويہ قال: انا ابو حفص
عمر بن محمد ابن معمر ابن طبرزد سماعاً عليہ: انا ابو غالب احمد
بن الحسن بن البناء: انا ابوالحسين محمد بن احمد بن حسنون
النرسی: انا ابو نصرمحمد بن احمد بن موسیٰ الملاحمی: انا ابو
اسحاق محمود بن اسحاق بن محمود الخزاعی قال: اخبرنا الامام ابو
عبد لله محمد بن اسماعيل بن يبراهيم البخاری قال: الرد علی من
انکر رفع الايدی فی الصلاة عند الرکوع و اذا رفع رَأْسَهُ مِنَ
الرُّكُوعِ وأَبْهَم على العجم فِي ذلك تَكَلُّفًا لمّا لا يعنيه فيما ثبت عن
رسول الله صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مِنْ فِعْلِهِ وقولِهِ وَمِنْ فعل أصحابه
وروايتهم كذلك ، ثُمَّ فعل التابعين واقتداء السلف بهم فِي صحة
الأخبار بعض الثّقة عن الثّقة من الخَلَف العدول رحمهم الله تعالى
وَأَنْجَزَ لهم ما وعدهم على ضغينة صدرِهِ وحرجة قلبه نفارًا عن سنن
رسول الله صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مستحقًا لمّا يحمله استكبارُا وعداوةً
لأهلها لشَوْبِ البدعة لحمه وعظامه ومخه ، وأُنسه باحتفال العجم حوله
أغترارًا. وقال النّبيّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " لا تَزَالُ طَائِفَةٌ مِنْ
." أُمَّتي قَائِمةً على الْحَقِّ لا يَضرُّهَم مَنْ خَذَلَهم ولا خِلافُ مَنْ خَالفَهم
ماضٍ ذلك أبدًا فِي جميع سنن رسول الله صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لإحياء
ما أُميتت وإن كان فيها بعضُ التقصير بعد الْحَثِّ والإرادة على
صِدْقِ النِّيةِ وأن تُقام للأسْوَةِ فِي رسول الله صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ بما
أُتيح على الخلق من أفعال رسول الله صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ في غير
عزيمةٍ حَتَّى يعزم على فِعْلِ مَنْ نَهَى أو عَمَلَ بأمرِ رسول الله صَلَّى
اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لمّا أمر الله خلقَه وَفَرَضَ عليهم طاعته وَأَوْجَبَ عليها
أتباعه ، وجعل اتباعهم إياه وطاعتهم له طاعة نفسه عزّ وجل عِظَمَ
الْمَنِّ والطول فقال : وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانْتَهُوا
. سورة الحشر آية7
وقال : مَنْ يُطِعِ الرَّسُولَ فَقَدْ أَطَاعَ اللَّهَ سورة النساء آية 80

وقال : فَلا وَرَبِّكَ لا يُؤْمِنُونَ حَتَّى يُحَكِّمُوكَ فِيمَا شَجَرَ بَيْنَهُمْ ثُمَّ لا
يَجِدُوا فِي أَنْفُسِهِمْ حَرَجًا مِمَّا قَضَيْتَ وَيُسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا سورة النساء آية65

وقال : فَلْيَحْذَرِ الَّذِينَ يُخَالِفُونَ عَنْ أَمْرِهِ أَنْ تُصِيبَهُمْ فِتْنَةٌ أَوْ يُصِيبَهُمْ
. عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ سورة النور آية 63

وقال : لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ
. وَالْيَوْمَ الآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا سورة الأحزاب آية 2

فرحم الله عَبْدًا استعانه باتِّباعِ رَسُولِ الله صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ،
واقتصاص أثره ويستعيذه تبارك وتعالى من شَرِّ نَفْسِه ويستلهمه
رشده لقوله عز وجل : فَمَنِ اتَّبَعَ هُدَايَ فَلا يَضِلُّ وَلا يَشْقَى سورة طه
. آية 123

In The Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
The Shaikh, The Imam, The Hafidh, The Master, Baqiyat al-Salaf Zain ud-Deen Abu al-Fadhal Abdur-Raheem bin al-Husain Ibn Al-Iraqi, and The Shaikh, The Imam, The Hafidh, Noor ud-Deen Ali bin Abu Bakr Al-Haithami informed us with my recitation (1), they both said: The Shaikha, The Saalihah Umm Muhammad Al-Arab the daughter of Muhammad bin Ali bin Ahmed bin Abdul-Wahid ibn al-Bukhari informed us, She said: Our Gradfather Al-Shaikh Fakhr ud-Deen ibn Al-Bukhari informed us, I was present when it (the book) was recited to him, and he gave permission to narrate from his narrations (of this book), he said: Abu Hafs Umar bin Muhammad ibn Ma’mar al-Tabarzad informed us, He said by hearing (and reciting) (that): Abu Ghalib Ahmad bin Al-Hasan bin Al-Bana informed us, (he said) Abul-Husain Muhammad bin Ahmed bin Hasnoon al-Narsi informed us, (he said) Abu Nasr Muhammad bin Ahmed bin Moosa Al-Malahmi informed us, (he said) Abu Ishaaq Mahmood bin Ishaaq bin Mahmood al-Khazaa’I informed us, (he said), The Imam Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Isma’eel bin Ibraheem al-Bukhari informed us, he said: This book is a refutation on him (a Majhul (2)) who refused to do rafa yadain with ruku’ and when raising the head after ruku’ in the prayer. He, unnecessarily has kept it ambiguous on the non-Arabs, which is proven from the sayings and actions of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him), and from the actions and narrations of his companions, and similarly from the actions of Tabi'een.
(Our) Salaf has followed the authentic ahadith on this (issue), which have reached (with the sanads), through Some from Some (and) Siqqah from Siqqah to our Trustworthy Khalafs (Plural: Akhlaaf). May Allah have mercy on them (ie: the salaf and the Khalaf) and fulfil His promises with them.

This Munker (rejector: of rafa yadain) has shown the turbidity of his chest and the narrowness of his Heart. He has shown his hatred and pejuration towards the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), and has shown his arrogance and enmity towards the Ahl us-Sunnah. The Bid'at (innovation) has been mixed in the meat, bones, and the brain of that Bid'ati (The rejector of rafa yadain), and the reason of his rejection is that, he after seeing the crowd of non-arabs (2) around him, has attributed himself with them, in deception. And Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "A group among my Ummah will continue to prevail over the truth (through evidences), and those who'd leave them will never be able to harm them, and neither will the opposition of their opposers will harm them." It will always remain continuous in the Sunnahs of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), so that his dead Sunnahs could be made alive. Unless if a mistake happens after the true intention (and without intending any opposition to the sunnah, then it is forgiveable), and that, example should be established in (the following of) the messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), because it is (also) legitimate on the creatures (Bani Adam and the Jinns) to follow the non-obligatory actions of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), so that (this encouragement could be established that) whatever the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) stops us from, it should be avoided, and whatever he commands us, it should be followed (completely), because Allah has commanded his creatures (to have faith in his Messenger), and has made it obligatory on them to follow him, and has made only his obedience to be necessary. The People's obedience to him is actually the obedience of Allah. He is the very gratuitous, and bounteous munificent.

Allah (swt) said: "And whatever the Messenger gives you, accept it, and from whatever he forbids you, keep back." (Al-Hasher: 7)
And said: "Whoever obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys Allah." (Al-Nisa: 80)

And said: "But no! by your Lord! they do not believe (in reality) until they make you a judge of that which has become a matter of disagreement among them, and then do not find any straitness in their hearts as to what you have decided and submit with entire submission." (Al-Nisa: 65)

And said: "Let those beware who go against his order lest a trial afflict them or there befall them a painful chastisement. (Al-Noor: 63)

And said: "Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much." (Al-Ahzaab: 21)

Thus, May Allah have mercy on that person who, by following the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and by walking on his way, has asked for help from Allah.

May Allah protect him from the evil of his spirit, and put his guidance in his heart. The evidence of this is the following saying of (Allah) the Mighty that:

"Then whoever follows my guidance, he shall not go astray nor be unhappy" (Taha: 123)

[Continue in next Post inshAllah]
Last edited by Fundamental on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Hadith # 1
1) أَخْبَرَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ أَبِي أُوَيْسٍ , حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ أَبِي
الزِّنَادِ , عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ عُقْبَةَ , عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْفَضْلِ الْهَاشِمِيِّ ,
عَنِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ هُرْمُزَ الأَعْرَجِ , عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ أَبِي رَافِعٍ ,
عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهُ : أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى
اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : " كَانَ يَرْفَعُ يَدَيْهِ إِذَا كَبَّرَ لِلصَّلاةِ حَذْوَ مَنْكِبَيْهِ , وَإِذَا
أَرَادَ أَنْ يَرْكَعَ , وَإِذَا رَفَعَ رَأْسَهُ مِنَ الرُّكُوعِ , وَإِذَا قَامَ مِنَ الرَّكْعَتَيْنِ
فَعَلَ مِثْلَ ذَلِكَ "
1) Isma’eel Bin Abi Awais informed us, Abdurrehman bin Abi Zanaad narrated to us, from Moosa bin Uqbah, from Abdullah Bin Fadal al-Haashmi, from Abdurrehmaan bin Hurmuz Al-A’raj, from Ubaidullah bin abi Raafi’, from ‘Ali bin Abi Taalib (May Allah pe pleased with him): Whenever Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said the Takbeer for prayer (Salaah), he used to raise his hands, and when He was about to bow, and when standing up after rukoo’, and when standing up after two units (Rakahs), He did the same (Rafa’ Yadain).

----------------------------------------------------------
This narration is Hasan (Good) from its Isnaad (Chain). It is also present in Musnad Ahmed (93/1) and others. Tirmidhi (3423) graded it “Hasan Sahih”, Ibn Khuzaymah (584) and Ibn Hibban (Umdatul Qari 277/5) added it in their Sahihain. Imam Ahmed and others have also graded it Sahih (Authentic).
Its narrator “Abdurrehman Bin Abi Zanaad” is Saduq (Truthful) and Hasan ul Hadith (Good in Hadith).
Haafidh Dhahabi said: His Narrations from before (the deterioration of his memory) are Hasan [ref: Seer a’laam al-Nabula, Vol 8, Pg 168, 70]
Ibn al-Madini has graded this Narration to be “Qawi” (Strong). This narration is from before the deterioration of the memory of “Abdurrehmaan bin Abi Zanad” [see: Noorul ‘Ainain Pg 83, 84]
Note #1: In both the Versions (Nuskha), “Akhbarna Isma’eel bin Abi Awais” is present, while in some of the Versions (Nuskhas) it is Mistakenly hidden the word “Yoonus” instead of “Awais” which is not correct
Note #2: From this Hasan hadith we came to know that in the different Asaaneed (Chains) of the same hadith, the Phrase “Qaama min as-Sajdatain” (Standing up after two Sujud/prostrations) is present, this phrase actually means “Qaama min ar-Raka’tain” (Standing up after two Rakas: Units). This is the Tahqeeq (research) of Imam Tirmidhi and other Muhadditheen. In the Arabic Lughat (Dictionary) “Sajdatain” (two Sujud) is also taken to mean “Raka’tain” (two Units of prayer).
Note #3: According to the Muhadditheen the opposition of Rafa’ Yadain is not proven from Ali (May Allah pe pleased with him). The narration present in Al-illal of Daraqutni is Munqata’ (Disconnected).
Presenting the narrations of Muhammad bin Hasan al-Shaibani in this matter is not right, because Muhammad bin Hasan according to the Muhadditheen is Strongly Crtiticized. Imam Yahya bin Ma’een has declared him to be “Kazzab” (Liar) [See: Lisaan al-Mizaan (122/5), Kitaab ad-Du’fa lil Ukayli (52/4), and Tarikh Baghdad (42031/5). His Tautheeq is not proven from any of the trustworthy

[Continue in next Post InshAllah]

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 pm

وقال البخاري:
وَكَذَلِكَ يُرْوَى عَنْ سَبْعَةَ عَشَرَ نَفْسًا مِنْ أَصْحَابِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ
عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ " أَنَّهُمْ كَانُوا يَرْفَعُونَ أَيْدِيَهُمْ عِنْدَ الرُّكُوعِ " . مِنْهُمْ أَبُو قَتَادَةَ
الأَنْصَارِيُّ , وَأَبُو أُسَيْدٍ السَّاعِدِيُّ الْبَدْرِيُّ , وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ مَسْلَمَةَ الْبَدْرِيُّ
, وَسَهْلُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ السَّاعِدِيُّ , وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ , وَعَبْدُ
اللَّهِ بْنُ عَبَّاسِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْمُطَّلِبِ الْهَاشِمِيُّ , وَأَنَسُ بْنُ مَالِكٍ خَادِمُ رَسُولِ
اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ , وَأَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ الدَّوْسِيُّ , وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ
عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ , وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ بْنِ الْعَوَّامِ الْقُرَشِيُّ , وَوَائِلُ
بْنُ حُجْرٍ الْحَضْرَمِيُّ , وَمَالِكُ بْنُ الْحُوَيْرِثِ , وَأَبُو مُوسَى الأَشْعَرِيُّ
,وَأَبُو حُمَيْدٍ السَّاعِدِيُّ الأَنْصَارِيُّ ، وَعُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ , وَعَلِيُّ بْنُ أَبِي
طَالِبٍ , وَأُمُّ الدَّرْدَاءِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى عَنْهُمْ . وَقَالَ الْحَسَنُ , وَحُمَيْدُ
بْنُ هِلالٍ : " كَانَ أَصْحَابُ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَرْفَعُونَ
أَيْدِيَهُمْ " . فَلَمْ يَسْتَثْنِ أَحَدًا مِنْ أَصْحَابِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ
دُونَ أَحَدٍ , وَلَمْ يَثْبُتْ عِنْدَ أَهْلِ الْعِلْمِ عَنْ أَحَدٍ مِنْ أَصْحَابِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى
اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ " أَنَّهُ لَمْ يَرْفَعْ يَدَيْهِ " . وَيُرْوَى أَيْضًا عَنْ عِدَّةٍ مِنْ
أَصْحَابِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَا وَصَفْنَا . وَكَذَلِكَ رَوَيْنَاهُ عَنْ
عِدَّةٍ مِنْ عُلَمَاءِ مَكَّةَ , وَأَهْلِ الْحِجَازِ , الْعِرَاقِ , وَالشَّامِ , وَالْبَصْرَةِ ,
وَالْيَمَنِ وَعِدَّةٍ مِنْ أَهْلِ خُرَاسَانَ مِنْهُمْ سَعِيدُ بْنُ جُبَيْرٍ , وَعَطَاءُ بْنُ أَبِي
رَبَاحٍ ، وَمُجَاهِدٌ , وَالْقَاسِمُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ , وَسَالِمُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ بْنِ
الْخَطَّابِ , وَعُمَرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ , وَالنُّعْمَانُ بْنُ أَبِي عَيَّاشٍ , وَالْحَسَنُ
, وَابْنُ سِيرِينَ , وَطَاوُسٌ , وَمَكْحُولٌ , وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ دِينَارٍ , وَنَافِعٌ ،
وَعُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عُمَرَ , وَالْحَسَنُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ , وَقَيْسُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ , وَعِدَّةٌ
كَثِيرَةٌ . وَكَذَلِكَ يُرْوَى عَنْ أُمِّ الدَّرْدَاءِ : " أَنَّهَا كَانَتْ تَرْفَعُ يَدَيْهَا " ,
وَقَدْ كَانَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ الْمُبَارَكِ يَرْفَعُ يَدَيْهِ , وَكَذَلِكَ عَامَّةُ أَصْحَابِ ابْنِ
الْمُبَارَكِ مِنْهُمْ عَلِيُّ بْنُ الْحَسَنِ , وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عُثْمَانَ , وَيَحْيَى بْنُ
يَحْيَى , وَمُحَدِّثِي أَهْلِ بُخَارَى مِنْهُمْ عِيسَى بْنُ مُوسَى , وَكَعْبُ بْنُ
سَعِيدٍ , وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سَلامٍ , وَعَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ الْمُسْنَدِيُّ , وَعِدَّةٌ مِمَّا لا
يُحْصَى لاخْتِلافِ بَيْنَ مَنْ وَصَفْنَا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْعِلْمِ . وَكَانَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ
الزُّبَيْرِ , وَعَلِيُّ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ , وَيَحْيَى بْنُ مَعِينٍ , وَأَحْمَدُ بْنُ حَنْبَلٍ ,
وَإِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ يُثْبِتُونَ عَامَّةَ هَذِهِ الأَحَادِيثِ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى
اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ , وَيَرَوْنَهَا حَقا , وَهَؤُلاءِ أَهْلُ الْعِلْمِ مِنْ أَهْلِ زَمَانِهِمْ .
. وَكَذَلِكَ يُرْوَى عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ

Imam Bukhari said:

Similarly; it is reported from the seventeen Ashaab (Companions) of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) that they used to raise their Hands before and after going to ruku’ (bowing). Among them are: Abu Qatadah al-Ansari, Abu Asaid as-Saa’idi al-Badari, Muhammad bin Muslimah al-Badari, Sahl bin Sa’ad as-Saa’idi, Abdullah bin Umar bin Al-Khattab, Abdullah bin Abbas bin Abdul-Muttalib al-Haashimi, Servant of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam), Anas bin Malik, Abu Hurairah, Abdullah bin Umro bin Al-‘Aas, Abdullah bin az-Zubair, Waa’il Bin Hujr, Maalik bin al-Huwairas, Abu Moosa al-Asha’ri, Abu Humaid as-Saa’idi, Ali bin Abi Taalib, Umm Darda and Umar bin Al-Khattab. (May Allah be pleased with them all).

Hasan and Humaid bin Halaal said: The Ashaab (Companions) of rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) used to do Rafa’ Yadain (before and after ruku’). Hence; the narrator didn’t exclude any of the companions of the prophet (Peace be upon him). According to the People of Knowledge, it is not proven from any of the companions of the prophet (Peace be upon him) that they left Rafa’ Yadain. (raising hands before and after ruku in prayer). Rafa’ Yadain is narrated from a huge number of the companions of the prophet (Peace be upon him) as we have stated above. Similarly; a huge number of narrations have reached to us from the Scholars of Makkah, Hijaaz, Iraaq, Shaam, Basra, and Yemen, and It is narrated from a huge number of the people of Kharasaan, Among them are: Sa’eed bin Jubair, ‘Ataa bin Abi Ribaah (Teacher of Imam Abu Hanifah), Mujaahid, Qaasim bin Muhammad, Saalim bin Abdullah bin Umar bin al-Khattab, Umar bin Abdul ‘Azeez, Nu’maan bin abi Ayaash, Hasan (Basri), Ibn Sireen, Tawoos, Makhool, Abdullah bin Dinar, Naafi’, Ubaidullah bin Umar, Al-Hasan bin Muslim, Qais bin Sa’d and from many others, and similarly it is narrated from Umm Darda that she used to do Rafa’ Yadain, and Abdullah bin al-Mubarak also used to do Rafa’ Yadain, and similarly, the students of Ibnul Mubarak also used to do Rafa Yadain, and among them are: Ali bin Al-Hasan, Abdullah bin Uthmaan, and Yahya bin Yahya.
And among the Muhadditheen of Bukhara (who used to do rafa’ yadain) are: ‘Esaa bin Moosa, Ka’b bin Sa’eed, Muhammad bin Salaam, Abdullah bin Muhammd al-Musnadi, and countless other (Scholars) used to do rafa’ yadain. There is no Ikhtilaaf in our above mentioned scholars.
And Abdullah bin Az-Zubair, Ali bin Abdullah, Yahya bin Ma’een, Ahmed bin Hanbal, and Ishaaq bin Raahwaih used to grade those ahadeeth to be Proven and Truth (Sahih) which mentioned Rafa’ Yadain from the Prophet (peace be upon him), and these people were among the biggest Scholars of their Times.
And Similarly it has been narrated from Abdullah bin Umar bin Al-Khattaab.

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Hadith # 2
2) أَخْبَرَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ , حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ , حَدَّثَنَا الزُّهْرِيُّ , عَنْ
سَالِمِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ , عَنْ أَبِيهِ , قَالَ : " رَأَيْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَرْفَعُ يَدَيْهِ إِذَا كَبَّرَ , وَإِذَا رَكَعَ , وَإِذَا رَفَعَ رَأْسَهُ مِنَ
الرُّكُوعِ , وَلا يَفْعَلُ ذَلِكَ بَيْنَ السَّجْدَتَيْنِ " . قَالَ عَلِيُّ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ وَكَانَ
أَعْلَمَ زَمَانِهِ : رَفْعُ الأَيْدِي حَقٌّ عَلَى الْمُسْلِمِينَ بِمَا رَوَى الزُّهْرِيُّ ، عَنْ
. سَالِمٍ ، عَنْ أَبِيه

‘Ali bin Abdullah informed us, Sufyaan (Bin Uyainah) narrated to us, Zuhri narrated to us, from Saalim bin Abdullah, from His Father (Abdullah bin Umar), who said: “I saw Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), He used to raise his hands when saying Takbeer, and when going to ruku’, and when rising from Ruku’, and He did not use to do it (rafa’ yadain) between the two Sujud: prostrations”.
Ali bin Abdullah, who was the greatest scholar of his time, said: Due to the narration of “An Zuhri, An Saalim, An Abdullah”, it is necessary for every muslim to do rafa’ yadain.

----------------------------------------------------
This narration is rigorously authentic. Imam Muslim, Imam Tirmidhi, and others have graded it Sahih (Authentic).
Imam Ibn Abdul Bar said: There is no criticism (of any muhaddith) on this Hadith. [Al-Istazkaar].
The Narrator “Ali Bin Abdullah al-Madini” in this Hadith, is one of the biggest Imams of Ahlus-Sunnah, and he is among the outstanding Siqqah (Trustworthy) narrators of Hadith.
Some liars of the contemporary era has declared him Shi’aa, which is absolutely not
true. Hafidh Dhahabi in his Mizan al-I’tidaal has excellently defended Imam al-Madini,
and has declared all the Criticisms on him to be Mardood (rejected). walhamdulillah

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Hadith # 3

3) حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ , حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ سَعِيدٍ , حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْحَمِيدِ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ
, حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَمْرٍو ، قَالَ : شَهِدْتُ أَبَا حُمَيْدٍ فِي عَشَرَةٍ مِنْ
أَصْحَابِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، أَحَدُهُمْ أَبُو قَتَادَةَ بْنُ رِبْعِيٍّ
رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ يَقُولُ : " أَنَا أَعْلَمُكُمْ بِصَلاةِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ
عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ , قَالُوا كَيْفَ ؟ فَوَاللَّهِ مَا كُنْتَ أَقْدَمَنَا لَهُ صُحْبَةً , وَلا أَكْثَرَنَا
لَهُ اتِّبَاعًا , قَالَ : بَلْ رَاقَبْتُهُ , قَالُوا : فَاذْكُرْ ، قَالَ : كَانَ إِذَا قَامَ إِلَى
الصَّلاةِ رَفَعَ يَدَيْهِ , وَإِذَا رَكَعَ , وَإِذَا رَفَعَ رَأْسَهُ مِنَ الرُّكُوعِ , وَإِذَا قَامَ
مِنَ الرَّكْعَتَيْنِ فَعَلَ مِثْلَ ذَلِكَ "

Musaddad narrated to us, Yahya bin Sa’eed narrated to us, Abdul Hamid bin Ja’far narrated to us, Muhammad bin Umro narrated to us, He said: I found Abu Humaid (As-Saa’idi) among the ten companions of the prophet (peace be upon him). One among them was (also) Abu Qatadah bin Rab’ai. He (Abu Humaid) was saying: “I know the prayer of rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) more than all of you”. They (the ten ashaab) said: “How? By Allah, you neither became a sahabi before us, nor did you get the companionship of the prophet (peace be upon him) more than us!” (Abu Humaid) said: “Infact, I have seen him i.e: the prophet (peace be upon him) performing salaah”. The companions said: “then describe it to us”. (Abu Humaid) said: Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) used to raise his hands when standing up for prayer, and before going to ruku’ and after standing from ruku’ and after the two units (of prayer), He (peace be upon him) used to do the same (rafa’ yadain).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Hadith is Sahih (Authentic). Ibn Khuzaimah, Ibn Hibban, Ibn al-Jarood, Tirmidhi, and Ibn Taymiyyah waghariruhum graded it Sahih.
Abdul Humaid bin Ja’far is the narrator of Sahih Muslim, and Siqqah and Suduq according to the Jumhoor of Muhadditheen. Zayla’I Hanafi has also agreed with it [Nasb ar-Raya 344/1]

Fundamental

Post by Fundamental » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 pm

وقال البخاري:
سَأَلْتُ أَبَا عَاصِمٍ عَنْ حَدِيثِ عَبْدِ الْحَمِيدِ بْنِ جَعْفَرٍ فَعَرَفَهُ فَحَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ
اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ , عَنْهُ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْحَمِيدِ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ , حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ
عَمْرِو بْنِ عَطَاءٍ , قَالَ : شَهِدْتُ أَبَا حُمَيْدِ فِي عَشَرَةٍ مِنْ أَصْحَابِ
النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَحَدُهُمْ أَبُو قَتَادَةَ بْنُ رِبْعِيٍّ ، قَالَ : " أَنَا
أَعْلَمُكُمْ بِصَلاةِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ " . فَذَكَرَ مِثْلَهُ ، فَقَالُوا كُلُّهُمْ
صَدَقْتَ

Imam Bukhari said:
Hence, Abdullah bin Muhammad narrated this hadith to me from him (Abu Asim), Abu Aasim checked it on my request: Abdul Hamid bin Ja’far narrated to us, Muhammad bin Umro narrated to us, He said: I found Abu Humaid (As-Saa’idi) among the ten companions of the prophet (peace be upon him). One among them was (also) Abu Qatadah bin Rab’ai. He (Abu Humaid) was saying: “I know the prayer of rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) more than all of you”. Then he narrated the similar Hadith (as mentioned above), then all of them (companions) said: You have said the truth (prophet used to pray like that).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note #1: Some people present this same hadith from Abu Humaid as-Saa’idi in reference to Sahih Bukhari, where the mentioning of Rafa’ Yadain is not present, to be their evidence of not doing rafa’ yadain. So, the answer is that, the aforementioning of something is not considered the Daleel (evidence) against mentioning. Therefore, criticizing the Hadith which mentions Rafa’ Yadain, from the narration of Sahih Bukhari, which does not mention Rafa’ yadain, is not Correct. The addition of Siqqah is acceptable according to all the Muhadditheen.

[Continue in Next Post InshAllah]