Ali’s Message (رضّى الله عنه) in Nahjul Balagha

Subjects and topics regarding different views and beleifs in Islam. May Allah guide us all to the right path.
fake
Site Admin

Post by fake » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:25 am

The Nahjul Balagha is considered sacred by the Shia, which they consider the most reliable source for the words, sermons, and letters of Ali (رضّى الله عنه). Let us examine one of these sermons in particular, which is available on the popular Shia website, Al-Islam.org:

Nahjul Balagha, Sermon 126

Ali says:

“With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority of Muslims because Allah’s hand of protection is on keeping unity. You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is a prey to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is a prey to the wolf. Beware! Whoever calls to this course [of sectarianism], kill him, even though he may be under this headband of mine.”

(Source: Al-Islam.org, http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/126.htm)

Let us now reflect on the words of Ali (رضّى الله عنه), line by line.

“With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness…”

We could not possibly find a better description for the Shia than this. The Shia love Ali (رضّى الله عنه) so much that they exaggerate and exalt his status to a level of Shirk, thereby going away from rightfulness. The Shia give the names of Allah to Ali (رضّى الله عنه), calling him the Living “Ism-i Azam” of Allah, or the Living Supreme Name of Allah. They call Ali (رضّى الله عنه) the Mazhar Al Aja-ib (The Executor of Wonders) and Mushkil Kusha (the Remover of Hardships) . They exaggerate so much that they call Ali (رضّى الله عنه) to be the Yadullah (hand of Allah). They call him Asdadullah (unconquerable and ever-overpowering strength of Allah). They say Ali (رضّى الله عنه) was too powerful for even the angels to stop him, that all the atoms in the world submit to Ali (رضّى الله عنه), that Ali (رضّى الله عنه) is the speaking Quran, and is the Mirror of Allah.

Look how loving Ali (رضّى الله عنه) too much has caused them to exaggerate his status like the Christians did with Jesus (عليه السلام), and look how this leads to Shirk. It also leads to going away from rightfulness, such as how the Shia hate the wives and companions of the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم). Ali (رضّى الله عنه) warned the Shia on this matter. And the source is the Shia’s very own Nahjul Balagha.

“…and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority of Muslims because Allah’s hand of protection is on keeping unity.”

Ali (رضّى الله عنه) says not to hate him like the Nasibis (haters of Ahlel Bayt). He then says that the best of people are the ones who are on the middle course. Who else is that other than the mainstream Muslims (i.e. the Ahlus Sunnah)? The Ahlus Sunnah loves Ali (رضّى الله عنه) deeply, and considers him one of the greatest Sahabah. On the other hand, the Ahlus Sunnah does not exaggerate by giving him characteristics of Allah, nor do they hate the wives or friends of the Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم).

Ali (رضّى الله عنه) says be with the majority of Muslims because Allah’s hand of protection is on keeping unity. Can the Shia really get a clearer command than this? Who is the majority of the Muslims other than the orthodox Ahlus Sunnah? Ali (رضّى الله عنه) says be with the great majority of Muslims, not split up into these tiny Shia sects.

“You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is a prey to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is a prey to the wolf.”

So why is it then that the Shia have schismed from the Ummah? Are they not a prey of Shaitan’s now? And so it is that Shaitan has infiltrated the ranks of the Shia, leading so many millions of Shia astray. Why do the Shia not follow Ali (رضّى الله عنه) when he says to be with the great majority of Muslims?

“Whoever calls to this course [of sectarianism], kill him, even though he may be under this headband of mine.”

Even if someone claims to be a Shia’t Ali (i.e. under the headband of Ali), he really is an enemy of Ali (رضّى الله عنه) if he calls for sectarianism and the creation of a religious sect. This is Ali’s condemnation of all Shia sects that have split away from the mainstream Muslims. Ali (رضّى الله عنه) even commanded these heretics to be killed, so it can be seen that he has no compassion for any of these deviants even if they claim to love him.

Article Written By: Ibn al-Hashimi

"كُنتُمْ خَيْرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخْرِجَتْ لِلنَّاسِ تَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَتَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَلَوْ آمَنَ أَهْلُ الْكِتَابِ لَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَّهُم مِّنْهُمُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَأَكْثَرُهُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ"
"Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in God. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors."

Surah:3.Al-'Imran. Ayah:110

http://Islam-Chat.Org - http://IslamicQuotes.Org

noshosh

Re: Ali’s Message (رضّى الله عنه) in Nahjul Balagha

Post by noshosh » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am

Dear Sir,

Who ever you are " May Allah take you to rightfulness" you have written a part of the sermon....., and on your own you have quoted that we say this this this for Hz. Ali(A.S) even from the start of the para you have written Ali says like this, are you a gentleman to name your khalifa with his name.

This what Prophet Muhammad said of Ali after he led Muslims to victory in at Khyber.

"Ali! Had I not been afraid that Muslims will start regarding you as the Christians regard the Christ, I would have said things about you which would have made the Muslims venerate you and to consider the dust of your feet as something worth venerating; but it will suffice to say that you are from me and I am from you; you will inherit me and I will inherit you; you are to me what Aaron was to Moses; you will fight for my cause; you will be nearest to me on the Day of Judgement; you will be next to me on the fountain of Kauthar; enmity against you is enmity against me; a war against you is a war against me; your friendship is my friendship; to be at peace with you is to be at peace with me; your flesh is my flesh; your blood is my blood; who will obey you will obey me. Truth is on your tongue, in your heart and in your mind. You have as much faith in Allah as I have. You are door to me. As per orders of Allah I give you these tidings that your supporters will be rewarded in Paradise and your enemies will be punished in Hell."
Ma'arijun Nabuwwah vol IV, p216
Seerah Ibn Hashim p.187
Tareekh Tabari

So its obvious that status of Imam Ali as stated by Prophet Muhammad (saws) is not something trivial. It is something quite exalted. Shi'ism is not considering Ali as a son of God, its considering him what the Prophet (saws) considered him, as the true, worthy successor, approved by Allah himself.

Muhammad said to Ali after the hypocrites started opposing Imam Ali when he left Imam Ali in charge of Madina during the Ghazwa Tabuk

"Ali! They are lying against you as they have lied against me, they have called me an epileptic, a magician, a sorcerer and a necromancer, and have always styled me as a liar. I have appointed you as my vicegerent and successor over all which I have left behind. Are you not satisfied to realize that you are to me what Aaron was to Moses."
Sahih Bukhari, para 145, p387 & para 18 pg 89.
There is a saying of one of our Imams. When he was asked about correct faith, he said it was accepting things as they are in reality. We recognize Ali as the rightful successor and teacher after as per our Prophet's (saws) glaringly obvious instructions. We then follow their guidance. This is Shi'ism, following the rightful successor, nothing more nothing less. Our beliefs about them are what they themselves have taught us. Unlike Christians who made it all up.

Take the even of Mubahila, mention in the Quran
"But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars."(3:61)
During the event of Mubahila, when Hazrat Muhammad challenged the Monks of the Christians of Najran that they invoke the curse of God on each other and their family to see whom Allah favors. When the Cheif Monk saw the Prophet accompanied by Fatima, Ali , Hassan and Hussain he called out to his people

By God, I see the faces which, if they pray to God for mountains to move from their places, the mountains will immediately move!
O believers in the Jesus of Nazareth, I will tell you the truth that should ye fail to enter into some agreement with Muhammad and if these souls whom Muhammad has brought with him, curse you, ye will be wiped out of existence to the last day of the life of the earth!
- Al Tabari, Commentary of the Quran, v 2 p 192 - 193

On the basis of the mubahalah verse, Sunni interpreters such as Zamakhshari, Baydawi, Imam Fakhr Razi and others regard `Ali, Fatimah, Hasan and Husayn superior to all other people and argue that Hassan and Husayn are the sons of the Messenger (pbuh&hp) of Allah.
Tell me, a person who shows an abnormally high amount of knowledge which is impossible for one to have, is not a Mazhar al Ajaib? It is not wrong, if you take it in the right sense. Mushkil Kusha, is ofcourse because he is an intercessor, and a person who 'removes' a person's hardships if one asks for his intercession. The title is to be taken in the sense that he removes hardships by intercession, and is just a link, a ladder, leading from man to Allah. It is no doubt, Shirk to think he is sitting on the other end of the ladder, instead of Allah himself, and that he himself removes all hardships, without Allah's help.
I can't comment on the other names, since they're new to me, and if you give me a source, I could find an explanation, since without one, it would be a wild goose chase. However, Asadullah is a name mentioned in Sunni and Shia books. Not only him, Asadullah was also a name of Amir Hamza . It was only an expression, and it is not to be taken as if they are real lions who are pets of Allah, sitting next to His Throne, whom He is stroking with his fingers [since it being Shirk].

Speaking of fingers, all these names are Shirk, and the Salafis' thinking that Allah has legs, a shin, fingers, He 'descends' from a high position on the Day of Arafa' and He is literally sitting on His throne, is not Shirk? Calling a great warrior the lion of Allah is shirk, and calling a the person who became the cause of the Muslims' defeat at Uhad, 'Saifullah' [sword of Allah] is not Shirk? What kind of mentality is this, that you say what you want to, about others, without looking into your own books first?

the Ism al Azam of God is 'Allah'. Read the first sentence from this article from your own 'very popular Shia website':
http://www.al-islam....ah/names/6.html

And yes, with the permission of Allah (swt), the Imams had wilayat-e-taqweeni, and have complete control over those things in the world of taqwin.

And as Prophet (saw) said, "After me, Ali is the best man".

The Prophet also said that Imam Ali hears and sees as I hear and see. According to our ulema this means that Imam Ali would see Angel Jibraeel and hear Jibraeel deliver the message to the Prophet just as the Prophet saw and heard Jibraeel.

We Shia accept Imam Ali(as) as Imam. We follow his sayings He himself said

None in the Islamic community can be taken at par with the Progeny of the Prophet (Alu Muhammad). One who was under their obligation cannot be matched with them. They are the foundation of religion and pillar of Belief. The forward runner has to turn back to them while the follower has to overtake them. They possess the chief characteristics for vicegerency. In their favour exists the will and succession (of the Prophet). This is the time when right has returned to its owner and diverted to its centre of return.(Sermon 2)

. We Twelvers are the middle path. We are neither Ghulat nor Nasibi. Imam Ali(as) was referring to his followers. Not those who accepted the rule of Muaviah. Those who take Muaviuah as righteous or refuse to judge him, then they are not of Imam Alis followers and are not being reffered to at all. Didnt you see Imams Ali's other lectures? He exposed the "Sahaba" he exposed Ayesha. What do you have to say of that?

From Sermon 3
Beware! By Allah the son of Abu Quhafah (Abu Bakr)(2) dressed himself with it (the caliphate) and he certainly knew that my position in relation to it was the same as the position of the axis in relation to the hand-mill. The flood water flows down from me and the bird cannot fly upto me. I put a curtain against the caliphate and kept myself detached from it.
Then I began to think whether I should assault or endure calmly the blinding darkness of tribulations wherein the grown up are made feeble and the young grow old and the true believer acts under strain till he meets Allah (on his death). I found that endurance thereon was wiser. So I adopted patience although there was [Edited Out]ing in the eye and suffocation (of mortification) in the throat. I watched the plundering of my inheritance till the first one went his way but handed over the Caliphate to Ibn al-Khattab after himself
(Then he quoted al-A`sha's verse).
My days are now passed on the camel's back (in difficulty) while there were days (of ease) when I enjoyed the company of Jabir's brother Hayyan.(3)
It is strange that during his lifetime he wished to be released from the caliphate but he confirmed it for the other one after his death. No doubt these two shared its udders strictly among themselves. This one put the Caliphate in a tough enclosure where the utterance was haughty and the touch was rough. Mistakes were in plenty and so also the excuses therefore. One in contact with it was like the rider of an unruly camel. If he pulled up its rein the very nostril would be slit, but if he let it loose he would be thrown. Consequently, by Allah people got involved in recklessness, wickedness, unsteadiness and deviation.

You just took a thing out of context, trying to make a big deal out of it while being wholly ignorant of the underlying issues

AMIR UL MOMENEEN is and always will be a title bestowed on an individual not by dictatorship, or false elections, or a "committe" or whatever. The Amir Ul Momeneen must first apply the laws of Islam PERFECTLY to himself, in order to be MY Amir ul Momeneen. People who wage war for power, or take over Caliphates by force and dictatorship will NEVER gain my allegiance. We swear allegiance not to dictators, but to people who apply the laws of Islam first and foremost to themselves, because otherwise that individual is NEVER Amir of Momeen but is instead the Amir of his own Hawas and desires. Throughout the ageas we have people like Muawiyah Ibn Abu sufyan waged war on Imam Ali (a.s) in order to gain power for his own want of it, prevented Imam Hassan from being Caliphs because of his want for power, and made it compulsory to curse Imam Ali from the stands in the Khutbas.

Let me ask you this.

Does Islam say wage war on someone else for greed and power? Is that Islam?
Does Islam say usurp power by force and unjust means?
Does Islam allow the cursing of the MOST dear and loved one of the Prophet? We are COMMANDED to obey the prophet. Allah (swt) has COMMANDED that we obey the Prophet lest we become transgressing. So when the Prophet said WHOEVER wages war with Imam Ali is my ENEMY (From Sahih Sunni hadith and Shia hadith). Then that person has committed a transgression against ISLAM.

So bearing in mind the Amir ul Momeneen must be someone who first applies the laws of Islam to HIMSELF.
Is Muwaiyah ibn Abu Sufyan my Amirul Momeneen? NO.

And i dont even need to go through why Yazid Ibn Muawiyah (May Allah curse him) and all the rest of the, by enlarge, corrupt caliphs are not Amirul Momeneen as the list of unislamic deeds they have commited are so vast.

Remember, this is YOUR Amirul Momeneen. If the Amirul Momeneen commits transgressions and unislamic deeds than how can it be possible that that individual can be the correct and rightful Amirul Momeneen

THAT is why Imam Hussain NEVER swore allegiance to the corrupt, false, fake, trasngressing so called Amirul Momeeneen Yazeed (May Allah curse him). Why? Because to acknowledge him as an Amir of the Momeneen is a mockery to Islam.

Looks at the deeds of Imam Ali, and ALL the Imams after them . I challenge you to find ANY unislamic deed that they commited

So before you write a load of anti-Shia fake, false propoganda and lies step out of blind faith and indoctrination and have a good look at whats true and what isnt.

Regards

May Allah bring you in the right path.

KH