- "And when he would have put him to death, he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a prophet" [Matthew 14:5 (compare with Matthew 21:26)]
- "And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee." [Matthew 21:11]
- "But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet" [Matthew 21:46]
- "And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:" [Luke 24:19]
- "The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet" [John 4:19]
- "Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world." [John 6:14]
- "Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the prophet" [John 7:40]
How did Jesus describe himself?
- "Nevertheless I (Jesus) must walk to day, and to morrow, and the [day] following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem." [Luke 13:33]
- "And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house" [Matthew 13:57]
What does the Quran say about Jesus?
"And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Verily! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was [revealed] before me in the Torah