Major Sins #61: Withholding Excess Water From Others.....

Major Sins we should be aware off.
muslimguy

Major Sins #61: Withholding Excess Water From Others.....

Post by muslimguy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:25 am

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu
"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

Major Sins #61: Withholding Excess Water From Others - By Imam Dhahabi

Allah, Most High says, {Say: "Tell me! If (all) your water were to be sunk away, who then can supply you with flowing (spring) water?} [Al-Mulk:30]

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Do not withhold excess water to withhold pasturage.” [Reported by AI-Bukhari]

"Whoever denies others his surplus water or pasturage, Allah shall deny him His blessings on the Day of Judgment.” [Reported by Ahmad]

"There are three people whom Allah will not speak to, look at, or exonerate on the Day of Judgment, and who will have a painful torment: he who withholds excess water from a traveler in the desert, he who sells merchandise after 'Asr (late afternoon) swearing by Allah that he paid more for it than he actually did, and a man who gives the pledge to a governor only for the sake of this world, and is only loyal if he gets something of this worldly life.” [Reported by AI-Bukhari]

Al-Bukhari adds to the above hadith the following, "Whoever denies others his surplus water, Allah will say to him, "Today J will deny you my bounty as you did with what you could not create.” [Reported by AI-Bukhari]
مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ
"Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do."16:97