Major Sins #65: Forgoing the Congregational Prayer to Pray..

Major Sins we should be aware off.
muslimguy

Major Sins #65: Forgoing the Congregational Prayer to Pray..

Post by muslimguy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu
"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

Major Sins #65: Forgoing the Congregational Prayer to Pray Alone Without a Legal Excuse - By Imam Dhahabi

`Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud related that the Prophet (pbuh) said, "I have considered having a man lead people at prayer and going myself to those who stay back from attending the congregational prayer to bum their houses down upon them..”

"If the people forgot the Friday Prayer, Allah will set a seal on their hearts for them to become heedless.” [Reported by Muslim]

"Whoever misses three Friday prayers without a legal excuse, Allah will set a seal on his heart.” [Reported by Abu Dawud and At- Tirmidhi]

"Whoever misses the Friday prayer without a (legal) excuse or a danger will be accounted amongst the hypocrites in a record that cannot be erased or altered.” [Reported by Ahmad]

Hafsa (may Allah be pleased with her) related, the Prophet (pbuh) said, "Going to the Friday prayer is obligatory for every male who has reached puberty.” [Repoted by Abu Dawud]
مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ
"Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do."16:97