Surah Fatihah – Various Reciters

Everything about Quran, verses and tafseer.
Nisa

Post by Nisa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Abu Sa'id Ar-Rafi' bin Al-Mu`alla (radiAllahu anhu) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Shall I teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an before you leave the mosque?'' Then he (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), took me by the hand, and when we were about to step out, I reminded him of his promise to teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'an. He (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, "It is `Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil Alamin (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) which is As-Sab` Al-Mathani (i.e., the seven oftrepeated Ayat) and the Great Qur'an which is given to me.'' [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) reported that Allah’s Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said 'Rejoice in the two lights brought to you which have not been brought to any prophet before you': al-Fatihah and the last verses of Surah al- Baqarah (2: 2854), (said an angel to the Prophet, blessings and peace be on him) [Muslim].

Abu Saeed al-Khudr’i narrates that while on a journey we halted at a place. A girl came to us and said: "The chief of this tribe has been stung by a scorpion and our men are not present, is there anybody amongst you who can recite something upon him to treat him?" Then, one of our men went along with her although we did not think that he knew any such treatment. However, our friend went to the chief and recited something upon him and the chief was cured. Thereupon, the chief gave him thirty sheep and gave us all milk to drink. When he returned, we asked our friend: "Did you know anything to recite upon him to cure him?” He said: “No, I only recited Umm al-Kitab (i.e. Surah al-Fatihah) upon him.” We said that do not do anything until we reach Madinah and ask the Prophet regarding this (practice and reward-whether the sheep were lawful or not for us). Upon reaching Madinah, we narrated this to the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), whereupon he remarked: “How did he come to know that Al-Fatihah can be used as a cure? (Rasulullah said this in astonishment) Distribute your reward amongst yourselves and allot a share for me as well. [Sahih al-Bukhari]

Ibn 'Abbas said, "While Jibril (alayhis salam) was sitting with the Prophet, he heard a sound above him and raised his head. He said, 'This is a door of heaven which has been opened today and which has never been opened before today. An angel descended from it.' He said, 'This is an angel who has descended to earth who has never descended before today.' He gave the greeting and said, 'Give the good news of two lights which you have been given and which no Prophet before you was given: the Fatiha of the Book and the end of Surah al-Baqarah (2). You will not recite a letter of them without being given it.'" [Muslim, Riyad as-Salihin by Imam an-Nawawi]
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216