Islamic Quotes

Feel Free to talk about anything in this board.
fake
Site Admin

Islamic Quotes

Post by fake » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Brothers and sisters, I would like to open this topic trying to collect and share the quotes of the Sahaba,Scholars,Imams and Salaf, it's really a great thing to share.

Jazakum Allahu Khayran.

Note: Please mention the quote between "", and who does it belong to.

"كُنتُمْ خَيْرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخْرِجَتْ لِلنَّاسِ تَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَتَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَلَوْ آمَنَ أَهْلُ الْكِتَابِ لَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَّهُم مِّنْهُمُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَأَكْثَرُهُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ"
"Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in God. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors."

Surah:3.Al-'Imran. Ayah:110

http://Islam-Chat.Org - http://IslamicQuotes.Org

fake
Site Admin

Re: Islamic Quotes

Post by fake » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 pm

"O you of little resolve, where do you stand upon this path? Adam found it difficult and Nuh lamented because of it, while Allaah's Khaleel, Ibraaheem was thrown into a pit of fire due to it. Isma'eel was laid upon his side ready to be sacrificed for its sake, and while upon it Yusuf was sold for a cheap price and then falsely cast into prison for many years. Zakariyah was sawed in half, and Yahya was slaughtered due to it. Ayyub suffered great distress, while Dawood cried copiously, and 'Isaa cured the wretched poor of their diseases and walked with wild beasts due to it. And how many, how many, forms of difficulty and hardship did the Messenger Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) face while proceeding upon it – yet you live through amusements and distractions!" - [Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah]

"Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim" - [Shaykhul Islam, Ibn taymiyyah]

"Zuhd in this world is not achieved by prohibiting the permissible, nor by giving away all of one's wealth. Rather, it means being more certain in what Allaah has in His hands than about what one has in his hands." - [Al-Hassan Al-Basri]

“If a man from amongst the Salaf were to be sent forth today, he would not recognize anything from Islam.” He put his hand on his cheek and added, “Except this prayer (salâh).” - [Al-Hasan Al-Basrî]

"Do not take a small sin lightly; instead, think about who it is that you are disobeying: you are disobeying an Almighty Lord who (sometimes) punishes people for small sins and (sometimes) pardons people for great sins." - [Sufyaan ath-Thawri]

"And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him (subhana wa ta ala)." - [Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah]

"Become a scholar if you are able. If you are not able, then be a student. If you can not, then show love for them. If you are unable to do that, then (at least) do not hate them." - ['Umar ibn 'Abdil-'Azeez]

"And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him (subhana wa ta ala)." - [Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah]

[hr][/hr]

[Updated] - 08/01/2011

"Cease to sin, because you will not meet Allah with anything [as valuable] as few sins." - [A'isha]

"a cautious (and intelligent) person is he who does not (always) rely on his own opinion and judgement." - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"Do not run after the world, let the world to run after you." - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"Trust is that there should be no difference between what you do and say and what you think." - [Umar bin Khattab]

"Weep ... (out of khawf of Allah) I swear by Him in whose hand my life is that if any of you really knew, you would plead until your voice went, and pray until your back was broken" - [Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As]

"The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol; and the idol of each person is his Ego." - [Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri]

"Be grateful to him who points out your defects." - [Umar bin Khattab]

"I will not serve God as a labourer, in expectance of my wages." - [Rabiya al-Adawiya]

"Success is the result of foresight and resolution, foresight depends upon deep thinking and planning and the most important factor of planning is to keep your secrets to yourself. " - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"To separate oneself from things of time and to connect with things of eternity is highest wisdom." - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"Run away from greatness and greatness will follow you. " - [Abu Bakr]

"Zuhud (ascesticm) is not that you should not own anything but that anything should not own you" - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"The word As-shams (the sun) is feminine, and Qamar (moon) is masculine. The sun burns itself to give light and life to everything around, and the moon is Muneer, meaning it reflects the light; it radiates the brilliance of the sun. So when we shine as men, the implication is that we are reflecting the glorious light of our women." - [Sheikh Abdullah Adhami]

"O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity." - [Ibn al-Qayyim]

"If someone wants to know what position he enjoys in the eyes of God, he has only to look at what place he gives to God (in his heart and life)" - [Hakim]

"Happy is he who can look to his deeds and appoint them as pleaders to his Lord." - [Sayyidinaa Idrees (as)]

"None can show greater gratitude for Allah's favors than he who shares them with others." - [Sayyidinaa Idrees (as)]

"Do not envy what others have, for they will only have it for a short while." - [Sayyidinaa Idrees (as)]

"The joy of life is wisdom." - [Sayyidinaa Idrees (as)]

"Every punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"The Lord loves to be loved." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct direction is not attained except with patience." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"In this world is a Paradise, whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

“If the kings knew the happiness and pleasure that we feel in our hearts, they would come and try to take it away from us with the tips of their swords.”" - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Every Punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Whoever desires everlasting bliss, let him adhere firmly to the threshold of servitude." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"The Lord loves to be Loved." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct direction is not attained except with patience." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"In this world there is a Paradise, whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"The one who is (truly) imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allaah and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"This whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Worship is founded upon the Legal Law and following it, not upon ones base desires and innovation." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"The more the servant loves his Master, the less he will love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more he will love other objects and they will increase in number." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Perpetually is the servant either the recipient of a blessing from Allaah, in which case he is need of gratitude; or he is the perpetrator of sin, in which case he is in need of repentance; he is always moving from one blessing to another and is always is in need of repentance." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Sins cause harm and repentance removes the cause." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Bearing witness to Tawheed opens the door of good and repentance from sins closes the door to evil." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"The Jihaad against the soul is the foundation for the jihad against the disbelievers and hypocrites." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"A man will never fear something besides Allaah unless it be due to a disease in his heart." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Trials and tribulation are feeling the heat and the cold, when one knows that they cannot be avoided, he will not feel anger at their onset, nor will he be distressed of disheartened." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"The perfection of Tawheed is found when there remains nothing in the heart except Allaah, the servant is left loving those He loves and What He loves, hating those He hates and what He hates, showing allegiance to those He has allegiance to, showing enmity towards those He shows enmity towards, ordering what. He orders and prohibiting what He prohibits." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"In this world, man finds remembrance of Allaah, praising Him and worshipping him, a delight that is incomparable to anything else." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"The objective of asceticism is to leave all that harms the servants Hereafter and the objective of worship is to do all that will benefit his Hereafter." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Sins are like chains and locks preventing their perpetrator from roaming the vast garden of Tawheed and reaping the fruits of righteous actions." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Islam (submission to Allah) is not a state of being, but rather a state of becoming (i.e. constantly working and striving to show servitude)." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"Certainly this life has begun travelling away, and the hereafter has begun travelling forward, and each has its children. So be from the children of the hereafter, and don't be from the children of this life. For indeed today there is action with no account, and tomorrow there will be account with no action." - [Alî ibn Abi Tâlib]

“Whoever spread gossip for you spreads gossip against you. Whoever relates tales to you will tell tales about you. Whoever when you please him says about you what is not in you, when you anger him will say about you what is not in you.” - [Ash-Shâfi‘î]

"The one who is (truly) imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allaah and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him." - [Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah]

"We were humiliated then Allah has honoured us with Islam,so if we seek honour in anything else that Allah will humiliate us." - [Umar bin Khattab]

[hr][/hr]

[Updated] - 11/01/2011

“If it were not for the fact I hate that Allah is disobeyed, I would have wished that no one remain in this city except that he had spoken ill of me and backbitten me; for what is nicer than a good deed a man finds in his records on the Day of Resurrection without having done a thing or even having known?” - [Abd Al-Rahmān b. Mahdī]

"Marry, for if the servant of Allah commits fornication Allah snatches the light of îmân from him, and may or may not return it to him." - [Abdullah Ibn Abbas]

“Love for Allâh and hate for Allâh, make your enmity because of Allâh and your allegiance because of Allâh; for indeed, the love and support of Allâh is not achieved save through this. And a man will never taste true faith (îmân) – though he may pray and fast much – except when he is like that. Today, the people’s brotherhood is based upon worldly considerations (dunyâ), but this will not do anything for them on the Day of Resurrection.” - [Abdullah Ibn Abbas]

“Address the people once a week, and if you must do so more often, then twice; and if you have to do even more, then three times; and do not make people tired or bored with the Quran. Let me not find you coming to the people to exhort them and tell them stories while they are speaking amongst themselves, thus interrupting their conversation and tiring them. Instead, listen, and when they tell you, address them when they desire to listen to your speech. And beware of making your supplications rhyme, stay away from this, for I found Allâh’s Messenger – peace and praise of Allâh be upon him – and his Companions doing nothing but [staying away from this].” - [Abdullah Ibn Abbas]

"If you ever have time and find yourself in ease, then take advantage of prayer, to draw near to Allah; If you ever wish to speak ill a word of falsehood, then instead put in its place, a word of glorification; Because taking advantage of silence is better than speaking frequently, even if you are eloquent in speech." - [Abdullah Ibn Al-Mubarak]

“I know the locations of virtuous, sincere and truthful people who seek and study hadîth and do it well because people are in need of them. They are needy, and if we leave them, their knowledge will be lost; but if we help them, they will spread knowledge to the Ummah of Muhammad – Allâh’s peace and blessings be upon him. I do not know of anything more virtuous, after Prophecy, than spreading knowledge.” - [Abdullah Ibn Al-Mubarak]

“It is right that an intelligent person does not undervalue three [types of people]: the scholars, the rulers, and [his Muslim] brothers. Whoever undervalues the scholars will lose his afterlife, whoever undervalues the rulers will lose his worldly life, and whoever undervalues his brothers loses his good character and conduct.” - [Abdullah Ibn Al-Mubarak]

“Killing a believer is worse to Allâh than the ending of the world.” - [Abdullah Ibn Amr Ibn Al-Aas]

“It would be better for a person to be turned to dust than to deliberately walk in front of a person who is praying.” - [Abdullah Ibn Amr Ibn Al-Aas]

“Whoever takes residence in the lands of the non-Arabs (unbelievers) and takes part in their Nayrûz and their Mahrijân (two Persian festivals) and copies them until the day he dies will be resurrected and gathered with them on the Day of Resurrection.” - [Abdullah Ibn Amr Ibn Al-Aas]

“Every bid’ah (religious innovation) is misguidance, even if people think it is good.” - [Abdullah Ibn Umar]

“We were the beginning [the heads] of this Ummah, and perhaps a man from the best of the Companions of Allâh’s Messenger – Allâh’s peace and blessings be upon him – and the most righteous amongst them could maintain only one chapter of the Qur`ân or thereabouts. For the Qur`ân was weighty upon them, and they were given knowledge of it or action based on it. But the last of this Ummah will find the Qur`ân light [and easy] – the child and the non-Arab will recite it, without possessing any knowledge about it.” - [Abdullah Ibn Umar]

"Certainly, I consider/regard a man who has forgotten knowledge which he used to know/possess to be the result of the sins he used to do" - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"The Jamaa'ah is what accords to the truth, even if you are alone." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"The believer sees his sins as if he is sitting at the foot of a mountain fearing that it might fall on him, while the sinner (fâjir) sees his sins as a fly that lands on his nose, he just waves it away." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"Singing sprouts hypocrisy (nifâq) in the heart as water sprouts greens and herbs." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"Everyone speaks of good things. It is those whose words and deeds match who have acquired their share. Those whose words and deeds do not match have only reproached themselves." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"For every bid’ah with which Islâm is plotted against, Allah has a beloved worshipper (walî) who refutes and repels it and speaks about its signs, so take the full opportunity of attending such places, and trust in Allah." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

“One should get used to the idea that if everyone on Earth disbelieved, you would not disbelieve. Do not be an im’ah (characterless).” He was asked, “And what is an im’ah?” He replied, “A person who says, ‘I am with the people (I do what they do).’ Verily, there is to be no following examples in evil.” - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"Women are but an ‘awrah (something private to be covered). A woman might leave her house without there being any problem with her, but the Shaytân seeks her out and says [to her], “You will not pass by anyone except that you will impress/please him.” A woman puts on her clothes and is asked where she is going, to which she replies, “To visit a sick person,” or “to attend a funeral”, or “to pray in the masjid”; but a woman never worships Allâh in the way she does when she worships Him in her house." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"Falling asleep when remembering Allâh is from Shaytân; if you want you can test this: when you lie down and want to fall asleep, try remembering Allâh ‘azza wa jall." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

“Verily, Allâh looked inside the hearts of people and found the heart of Muhammad – Allâh’s peace and blessings be upon him – to be the best of all hearts, and so He chose him for Himself and sent him with His message. Then Allâh looked inside the hearts of people after Muhammad – Allâh’s peace and blessings be upon him – and found the hearts of his Companions to be the best hearts; so He made them the ministers and representatives of His Prophet, fighting for his religion. Thus, what the Muslims regard as good is good with Allâh, and what they regard as evil is evil with Allâh. And the Companions unanimously chose to take Abû Bakr – Allâh be pleased with him – as the successor [to lead the Muslims after the Prophet].” - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

“Whoever wants to honor his religion and do good to it should avoid mixing with the ruler or sitting with the followers of desires (heretics, people of bid’ah), for sitting with them is more contagious than scabies.” - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

"When a man amongst us learned ten verses [of the Quran], he would not move on [to the next verses] until he had understood their meanings and how to act by them." - [Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud]

“Having unfading hope makes one forget the Hereafter, while following one’s desires deviates from the truth. This world is retreating and the Hereafter is coming, so be among the sons of the Hereafter, but do not be among the followers of this world; because today there is action without reckoning, whereas tomorrow, there is reckoning without (any more) action.” - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

“Meet people in such a way that if you die, they weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you”. - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"Shall I not tell you who the real faqîh is? He is one who does not make people despair of Allah’s mercy, yet he does not give them concessions to disobey Allah. He does not make them feel safe from Allah’s plan and he does not leave the Quran.
There is no good in worship that involves no efforts to gain fiqh, and there is no good in seeking fiqh without seeking a thorough understanding. And there is no good in reading without contemplating."
- [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"The thing I fear for you most is following desires and having extensive hopes (about this worldly life). Following one’s desires blocks you from the truth, and having extensive hopes makes you forget the hereafter. Verily, this worldly life is departing and the hereafter is approaching and each of them has its children. So be children of the hereafter, not children of this world, for today there are (opportunities to do) deeds and there is no reckoning, but tomorrow there will be reckoning and no deeds." - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

“The servant [of Allâh] should not fear except his sins, and should not hope except in his Lord. The ignorant should not be ashamed to ask, and the knowledgeable should not be ashamed to say – if he does not know something – ‘Allâh knows best.’ Patience (al-sabr) to faith (Al-Îmân) is like the head to the rest of the body: if the head is cut off, the body will rot. And one who has no patience, has no faith.” - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

"Goodness is not in your wealth and offspring being plentiful; true goodness is when your [good] deeds are plenty and you have great understanding and forbearance, and when you compete to worship your Lord. If you do good you praise Allâh and thank Him, and if you sin you beg Allâh’s forgiveness. There is no good in this life except with two types of men: A man who sins but then corrects himself through repentance, and a man who strives and hastens to get [the good] of the hereafter." - [Ali Ibn Abi Talib]

“Tawbah is only through action, and turning back from what has been done. Tawbah is not by mere speech.” - [Ali Ibn Al-Husayn Zaynul-Abideen]

"I advise you O seeker of knowledge to have a sincere and pure intention in your search for knowledge, and that you exert yourself in acting upon what it mandates (from action). This is since knowledge is a tree and action is its fruit. And one can never be considered knowledgeable so long as he doesn't act upon what he knows." - [Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi]

“If you love that Allaah should keep you upon that which you love, then remain upon that which He loves, and the good is in the one who sees no good in himself'.” - [Ahmad Ibn Hanbal]

“By Allah! To eat your fill from this carcass is better than eating the flesh of a Muslim (by backbiting him).” - [Amr Ibn Al-Aas]

"كُنتُمْ خَيْرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخْرِجَتْ لِلنَّاسِ تَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَتَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَلَوْ آمَنَ أَهْلُ الْكِتَابِ لَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَّهُم مِّنْهُمُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَأَكْثَرُهُمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ"
"Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in God. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors."

fake
Site Admin

Post by fake » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 am

[Updated] - 08/01/2011 (Added more quotes)

hia99

Post by hia99 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:56 pm

With the name of Allaah,
w'alikum salaam wa rahmat Allahi wa barakatahhu

Masha' Allaah, thats good topic...
jazak Allaahu kayran,

well I was near to post my own quote but then I read your last message, so I stopped... can I share that here akhi...

fe amaan Allah

hia
If I die today...My words live tomorrow...?
..................and I am talking Unity here!

fake
Site Admin

Post by fake » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:30 am

hia99 wrote:With the name of Allaah,
w'alikum salaam wa rahmat Allahi wa barakatahhu

Masha' Allaah, thats good topic...
jazak Allaahu kayran,

well I was near to post my own quote but then I read your last message, so I stopped... can I share that here akhi...

fe amaan Allah

hia
Wa Iyyaki, yes thats whats this topic is about, please do share.

hia99

Post by hia99 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:25 am

I never feel proud to be muslim but I always feel grateful to be muslim...
alhamdulillah
hia

fake
Site Admin

Post by fake » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm

[Updated] - 11/01/2011 (Added more quotes)

hia99

Post by hia99 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm

Ibn al-Qayyim

Ibn al-Qayyim was a famous Sunni Islamic jurist, commentator on the Qur'an, astronomer, chemist, philosopher, psychologist, scientist and theologian. Although he is commonly referred to as "the scholar of the heart," given his extensive works pertaining to human behavior and ethics, Ibn al-Qaayim's scholarship focused in the sciences of Hadith and Fiqh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Qayyim_Al-Jawziyya

Wasting Time
Ibn al Qayim says "Wasting time is worse than death, because death separates you from this world whereas wasting time separates you from Allah(SWT)"

Six Etiquettes of Learning
Ibn al-Qayyim - rahimahullaah- said: "There are six stages to knowledge:
Firstly: Asking questions in a good manner.
Secondly: Remaining quiet and listening attentively.
Thirdly: Understanding well.
Fourthly: Memorizing.
Fifthly: Teaching.
Sixthly: and it is its fruit: Acting upon the knowledge and keeping to its limits."

Purifying the Heart
Ibn al-Qayyim said:
"There is no doubt that the heart becomes covered with rust, just as metal dishes - silver, and their like - become rusty. So the rust of the heart is polished with dhikr (remembrance of Allaah), for dhikr polishes the heart until it becomes like a shiny mirror. However, when dhikr is abandoned, the rust returns; and when it commences then the heart again begins to be cleansed. Thus the heart becoming rusty is due to two matters: sins and ghaflah ( neglecting remembrance of Allaah ). Likewise, it is cleansed and polished by two things : istighfaar (seeking Allaah's forgiveness) and dhikr."

hia99

Post by hia99 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Do not fear- Do not grieve
No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.
[Umar ibn Khattab- RadiyAllahuAnhu]

JFthunder1

Post by JFthunder1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 am

Nice sharing thanks

Islamic Quotes