Pls help

Discuss whats going around the World in this board.
Nisa

Pls help

Post by Nisa » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:07 pm

If you are not British or a resident in Britain, PLEASE forward this to the British people you know. Thank you

Imagine this was you or someone you loved...

You’re happily married, you have a wonderful close family. You have a good job and you love your religion. Life is good, thank God, and you are one of those few individuals who goes out of your way to help others. You sleep soundly, you have the choice to eat what tickles your fancy and you can choose whether to bask in the beautiful sunshine or spend a day indoors. You are free – you can choose – life is sweet.

In a matter of seconds, your happy life is ripped away from you. Now your reality is very different: you have lost your spouse, you can no longer enjoy being with your family, your heart aches and longs to be close to your loved ones – but it is impossible. And so you only rely on your dreams at night to bring back what you yearn to be your reality: being together, walking through the park, praying with others, enjoying a bite to eat with friends.

This is the reality of one individual.

Babar Ahmad has been imprisoned without trial for over 7 years.

He is facing extradition to the US on charges based on material the British Crown Prosecution Service concluded was INSUFFICIENT to charge him with a criminal offence.

Under the Extradition Treaty between GB and the US, the evidence cannot be challenged.

This completely undermines the British Criminal Justice System. As a GB citizen who is alleged to have committed offences in the UK, he should stand trial in the UK.

IF IT CAN HAPPEN TO BABAR IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.

This official e-petition requires 100,000 signatures by 10/11/11 to trigger a debate in Parliament about Babar being tried in a British court of law rather than be extradited to the US.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/885

Sadly with only one month to go, only 20,000 signatures have been recorded; 80,000 more are needed.

What faces Babar Ahmad should he be extradited to the US?

· The rest of his natural life in a Supermax Prison under conditions which violate the Convention Against Torture according to a UN committee

· Solitary confinement for 22-23 hours per day

· Regular body searches

· Regular ‘extractions’ where fully kitted officers in riot gear ‘remove’ the prisoner by surprise and do a cell search which often results in serious physical damage to the prisoner

· One call per month to a family or friend

As one senior Supermax officer put it, “Do we have an obligation to take care of them? Yes. But do I have an obligation to provide him touching, feeling contact with another human being? I would say no. He has earned his way to [supermax] and he’s earned just the opposite. He’s earned the need for me to keep him apart from other people.”

Babar Ahmad has not done anything to deserve being sent to such a place and you can be a part of the campaign to have him tried here in the United Kingdom.

So, what can you do:

· Sign the petition and don’t forget to activate the link that is sent to your email address.

· Get every member in your household and extended family to sign it.

· If everyone could try to get at least 10 others to sign than we could actually reach the target of 100,000 signatures by 10th NOVEMBER 2011.

· Spread the word, forward this email on.

Please don't find excuses, just help. It'll only take 54 seconds of your time to simply sign this government e-petition.

Imagine how Babar must be feeling right now, with one month left and only 20,000 signatures. Yet he said to one of his sisters recently:

'Whatever you do, never give up, because the only thing worse than failure is the failure to try’. Babar Ahmad, October 2011

The question is not whether you should sign the petition, the question is what is stopping you from doing it and from getting others to do it???

Revisit the above steps and please sign now. SIGN, SPREAD THE WORD AND GET THOSE ADDITIONAL PEOPLE TO SIGN TOO. Thank you.

In case you’re thinking:

1) I am worried about giving my name and address to this

Addresses and email addresses are not published or accessible by any member of the public, 20,000 people have already signed this petition. Why would the Government spend time and resources chasing up on each of those 20,000 people in the middle of a recession when they have so many bigger issues to worry about-just because they signed a recognised and legitimate Government petition, acting within the law?

2) What difference would my signing make anyway? He needs 80,000?

The greatest difference! He needs 80,000 x ONE!!! So you are the first ONE on that list :-)

3) I want to sign it but I have had so much on, I have been too busy to get to it.

Imagine this Babar was your son, or father, or brother, or husband. Would you be so pre-occupied with other things? Wouldn't you want him to sign for your loved one before taking care of his business?

This petition expires on 10th November 2011 then maybe you will see in the news that Babar Ahmad (or your son or your father or your brother or your husband) has been put on a plane to the US...

During the second world war in a German prison cell Pastor Martin Niemöller wrote this poem

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me -
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

The German anti-Nazi activist.

Regardless of your views of Babar Ahmad, I advise you to take the time to sign this petition. I'm sure you'd want someone to do the same for you.

My Brothers&Sisters in Islam, While we sit in the comforts of our homes, surely the least we can do is this, to save our innocent brothers&sisters in Islam, for whom their crime is merely the fact that they are Muslims!

If you are from the U.k, or have or know any friends or relatives from there, pls forward this and tell them to sign and help. JazakAllahu Khairan for taking the time to read.

May Allah t'ala guide us all and help us to remain steadfast in deen. Ameen.

Nisa.
كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216

Nisa

Re: Pls help

Post by Nisa » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 am

كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الْقِتَالُ وَهُوَ كُرْهٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَىٰ أَن تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
"Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know"
- Quran 2:216